Top 5 Goals of the Robins era (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

1. Max Biamou v Yeovil - meaningless I know, but what a strike

2. Liam Walsh v Rochdale - real Boys Own Paper stuff. Wizard of the dribble.

3. Mark McNulty v Notts County in the Play off 2nd leg. Ultimate team goal, started alongside our penalty area by Stokes (I think). Hon mentions for Bayliss's delayed pass and Kelly's lung busting run around to receive it.

4. Matt Godden v Wycombe away. Nuff said, but let's hear it for Shipley's awareness to do the reverse flick. First time strike by Godden.

5. Big Vik v Wigan. Eat your heart out Geoff Hurst in '66.

Runners up are both by Gyokeres - v Sunderland away, a shimmy and then thwack, and Millwall at home, turning Cresswell and sliding it in

Note 4/5 are from the lower divisions. Shows how competitive the Championship is. Can't imagine Walsh would get away with that dribble in a higher division nor would Biamou have got that that knock down

ccfc_Tom

Goals that I saw in person and can actually remember (my memory is terrible) -

Walsh vs Rochdale
Shipley vs QPR
Vik vs Wigan
Palmer vs Oxford
G. Thomas vs Oxford

ProfessorbyGrace

The most emotional by far I have ever been after a goal for all kinds of reasons.
Stupidly I was listening to the final on iFollow, the stress was incredible until Gus scored.

The neighbours gave me funny looks the day after, asking: ‘Who’s Gus and why is a f*****g beaut?’ 🤣

I’d go along with the majority of favourite goals on here, although I have enjoyed Shipley’s jackhammers from distance.

fernandopartridge

Two goals that weren't necessarily fantastic but important:

1. Biamou's 2nd at Notts County in the play off semi - that was proper elation as they looked like they were going to pull it back all square, the goal knocked the stuffing out of them completely
2. Shipley in the League 2 play off final - similar to above, made the game safe if it was ever in doubt.

Edit - memory failing me, it was Biamou who got the 3rd

DannyThomas_1981

1. Biamou's 2nd at Notts County in the play off semi - that was proper elation as they looked like they were going to pull it back all square, the goal knocked the stuffing out of them completely
2. Shipley in the League 2 play off final - similar to above, made the game safe if it was ever in doubt.

The Bayliss goal at County was also very emotionally charged - what a moment in time.

McLovin87

Tavares v Preston, still couldn't beat them though!

Sick Boy

As you said Biamou got the 3rd and clinched it but the same goal was really well worked.

GaryJones

Gyokeres v Wigan absolute perfection. Just rewatched it and loved the commentary “his getting his shirt pulled but he doesn’t mind” - “picked up on the half way line, they couldn’t stop him, they pulled his shirt and they kicked at his feet, they couldn't reach him and he went all the way and slotted it past the keeper!”
Classic Eakin

Terry_dactyl

Godden vs Portsmouth at home will always be the goal that got us promoted in my eyes. We were dogshit in that game but managed to find the winner when it looked unlikely.
Love this.

It’s when I started to believe we were going up. Also my parents in the Pompey end! Hahaha!

One of my favourite goals, which hasn’t been mentioned, Jamie Allen vs Bristol Rovers (I think)…a great team goal.

GaryJones

If he did that for Sporting they would be queuing for the toilets hailing him as the next Messi - what a player he is!

Gibbo

Love this.

It’s when I started to believe we were going up. Also my parents in the Pompey end! Hahaha!

One of my favourite goals, which hasn’t been mentioned, Jamie Allen vs Bristol Rovers (I think)…a great team goal.
Forgot that one too. I love a great team goal

olderskyblue

Shipley had a knack of scoring great goals
The one passed to him on the edge of the box direct from a corner, went in like a bullet. Can’t recall who against.

SleepyGinger

Good question

I enjoyed the late goals in the first year back at the Ricoh. Fadz against Forest, Godden against Reading, Gyokeres against Blackburn and Tavares against Preston. The best one was Godden against Bristol city when we were down to 10. Just always felt like we were going to find a winner that year.

Users who are viewing this thread