Only Fools
The Office
Early Doors
Derek
Ab Fab
Friends
Alan Partridge

mds

Problem with older shows they were funny in their day, but dont do it for me now, like Birds of a feather, ok in its day bring it back with the same crappy humour just dosnt work!
Some of the older ones i didnt appreciate so much 20yrs ago but like them now.
The one with Wolfy, was that Citizen Smith.
Likely Lads
Bread
Married with kids
Phoneshop
The Brittas Empire The only one I watched regardless of anything else, could give or take the rest.
Benidorm
Inbetweeners
Rules of engagement
Big Bang
Scrubs

Otis

Never even heard of Phoneshop. What was that?

Wolfie was in Citizen Smith, you're correct. You are right about some older shows for sure, but things like the likes of Porridge are timeless. Think it helps greatly that the situation is that of a timecapsule of prison, which creates a bubble and makes it not of it's time in terms of fashion. lifestyle and the outside world and this gives it that ageless feel.

A lot have dated though quite badly for sure over the years. Even Only Fools is guilty of this at times.

Otis

Yeah, remember her from the comedy Home Time. that was actually set in Coventry.

Otis

I will do the time and have my ban stick confiscated, that is how bad she is!

I don't mind her.

Don't find her at all funny, but she doesn't bother me at all. If it's on I don't exactly feel a desperate need to switch channels. I just ignore her.

Two other people I don't find the slightest bit funny are Harry Hill and Victoria Wood. Now those too I do fly off the sofa for in search of the remote control

Grendel

Mrs Browns boy is awful and that Miranda woman should be punched clean in the face.

Miranda appeals to all my kids - they just seem to love it. I send them off on their computers to watch it - it's stupid. They are obsessed with some American sit coma as well - modern family and the middle - must be an age thing as I don't get it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

1 only fools and horses
2 pheonix nights
3 the office
4 the royle family
5 still game
6 early doord
7 blackadder
8 open all hours
9 steptoe an son
10 the inbetweeners

Users who are viewing this thread