Tony Gubba (1 Viewer)

SonofErnie

Tony Gubba has sadly passed away. For me he was synonymous with our cup run in 87, if I remember rightly commentating on our quarter final at Sheffield Wednesday and possibly a couple of other games.

skybluelee

Tony Gubba has sadly passed away. For me he was synonymous with our cup run in 87, if I remember rightly commentating on our quarter final at Sheffield Wednesday and possibly a couple of other games.

Yeah definitely did the qf. His commentary is still ingrained in my head due to the repeated times i watched it.

Rip.

covmark

RIP Tony Gubba, remember him commentating on motd when we beat man u 3-2, huckerby took on the whole utd defence and made them look like Muppets

SonofErnie

He seemed to be lucky charm for us. I now think it was the Man U game away he commentated on when Houchen scored the scrappy winner.

I'm aspiring to be a commentator in the future, so Tony Gubba is one of my idols. RIP Tone, you'll be missed, but never forgotten. Forver my inspiration

henry the wasp

He seemed to be lucky charm for us. I now think it was the Man U game away he commentated on when Houchen scored the scrappy winner.

yeah it was. We were kept in after the game. he came out to do a piece to camera. We were singing some songs (can't remember what they were) and he was having some banter with us.

Moff

ohitsaidwalker king power

On the way back from Sheff Wed that day.. we called off for a 'comfort' break at a service station.. whilst anointing the porcelain a fellow sky blue clearly worse for the demon drink fell forward, as he stood between Dad and I, utilising his forehead for balance... "Ouch" he said as his head thumped into the wall.. quick as a flash he followed with.. "pick that f*c*er outta the net" smile creeping over his face-fag drooping from one corner of his mouth... referencing the one and only Sky Blue legend Keith H'ouch'en.... .... Dad and I referenced that moment for the next few years laughing as we recalled the humour...what a day.:claping hands:

Last edited:

Tommyart

yeah it was. We were kept in after the game. he came out to do a piece to camera. We were singing some songs (can't remember what they were) and he was having some banter with us.
that was what i was thinking. can't remember what we were singing but i remember it well rip tony

Gint11

Tony Gubba was up there with the best. Grew up to him commentating. RIP fella.

deanocity3

Remember the funny bits they used to show almost at the end sports personality of the year.There was one where Tony Gubba was talking to the camera and out of nowhere cannon and ball appeared and with a very large custard pie and smashed it into Tony's face.

Users who are viewing this thread