Tony Andreu (2 Viewers)

tommydazzle

I think it would knock a bloke's confidence if she yelled 'let's be avin you' just as we finished a lovely Delia meal and lurve was in the air......

stevefloyd

We do write players off quickly - Sterling, Baka, Hiwula, Burge....
He may take a while to get fitness back. True, he may not fit into our current system. With game time and fitness, most players with ability are an asset. Too early to write off for me - I haven't seen enough of him yet (or are we turning him into a new Beavon/Vincenti, as we are struggling for a scapegoat at the moment, 'cos they're all playing well!)
To be fair to him even at his current level he is better than Vincenti

SBAndy

Didn't get the benefit of any movement in front of him earlier in the season. Think he'd do well with Chaplin, Thomas and Jones making runs in behind, but definitely wouldn't be first choice system for now.

stupot07

Hes definitely a good player, but I can see why he's failed to make a first team place his own since leaving scotland. I can't see where he fits in to the team without a change in shape and personnel, but is worth keeping as a squad player. I'd probably have kept lamieres over signing him in hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

We do write players off quickly - Sterling, Baka, Hiwula, Burge....
He may take a while to get fitness back. True, he may not fit into our current system. With game time and fitness, most players with ability are an asset. Too early to write off for me - I haven't seen enough of him yet (or are we turning him into a new Beavon/Vincenti, as we are struggling for a scapegoat at the moment, 'cos they're all playing well!)

Rather than fans using Andreu as a scapegoat I think its accurate to suggest that fans are simply growing increasingly concerned that he doesn't look any fitter now than he did during pre-season. We're approaching the point where falling back on the excuse "it's too early to judge" is at the 11th hour as we're now a third through the season.

At the end of the day if Andreu isn't contributing on the pitch then why retain him? I may sound callous but we're not a charity we're a football club. He's more than likely one of the highest payed players at the club given he came straight down from the Championship so where's the sense of keeping a player who's not playing, yet still earning a wage that could be better spent on bringing in new blood in the January window.

From what I've seen of him so far this season it looks like his injury has physically taken its toll. A matter I touched on in pre-season which was met with sceptical response. But given that Andreu is now 30, suffering an injury as severe as an ACL rupture rarely has positive recovery outcomes for older players. I fear this is happening - albeit I hope it isn't - but his lack of fitness, lack of pace/match speed, and his decline in sharpness all point to the fact that he's simply not the same player as reports initially suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread