Tonight's 'new fan' questions and comments! (1 Viewer)

malkitccfc

Saw a guy moaning about wasting £5! Well fuck off and stick to watching united on sky sports

MTK

I don't mind new fans coming to the game and asking questions. I go to the ice hockey once in a while and must look like numpty, where's my seat, where are the loos etc.

What i felt frustrated about last night was people pouring out when the second goal went in. You have a right to do it of course but in terms of the two legged tie, it wasn't even half time. Stay and sing louder and try to help the lafs get a goal back. Going to Gresty Rd with one ogf the goals we need in the bag would have been great.

FootballAttic

I booed a lot...but only the opposition keeper for holding onto the ball for an eternity every single time!

And also because every time I did, my stepson added 'bs' to the end of the boo. Made me chuckle anyway ;)

Otis

How about

I hope you dont come back, we want to keep the attendances down

Last night Cov had a chance to keep some of these "New Fans" and hopefully the first half performance will encourage them to come back

And if one of them is lucky enough to sit next to you, you can tell him that Marlon has left or even direct them to the nearest toilet.

A great man once said "Football without fans is nothing"

UOTE=Otis;356497]I'd ready and am expecting one or more of the following questions or comments;

1. 'You're in my seat!' (this despite me being an ST holder at the Ricoh since its opening and in this same seat all season long)

2. Is this Block 18/19/20/21 etc. etc.?

3. Is this the Ricoh Arena?

4. Why isn't Marlon King playing?

5. Do they have any toilets here?

6. Are we the ones in blue?

7. Andy Thorn has lost a lot of weight hasn't he!

Any more to add?

Have certainly encountered the first and second ones before (Chelsea) and have seen number one happen on a number of occasions to others too.

Seems some people who have hardly ever been before or even never been before seem to know an awful lot more than you about the stands and blocks and seating and which seat is theirs despite your protestations and reasoning! :whistle:

The other thing that will make me chuckle tonight will be the amount of people who go down to the malls for food or the toilet and they come back up the steps into the stands and completely forget where they were sitting and stand there puzzled for a couple of minutes scratching their heads.

Am also expecting to see me having to get up and down out of my seat several times when people are late, leave early or find they were in the wrong seats/rows.

Really don't understand these people who just sit anywhere either. At the Sheff U JPT game one bloke was sitting in the wrong seat and clearly in the wrong seat. The correct ticket holder came along and this bloke simply would not move. Even when the steward came up to the seat he refused to budge. Took the steward a good little while to get him shifted!

Glad to have new people here, but it does carry some complications with it for sure! ;)

I hope you dont come back, we want to keep the attendances down

Last night Cov had a chance to keep some of these "New Fans" and hopefully the first half performance will encourage them to come back

And if one of them is lucky enough to sit next to you, you can tell him that Marlon has left or even direct them to the nearest toilet.

A great man once said "Football without fans is nothing"

And a great man on here (me) once said, the thread was very much tongue in cheek and I welcome all new fans.

Otis

77th minute it was. As soon as they scored the 2nd loads of people left. Left on 77 mins!!

Crazy. We had looked dangerous all night and it is unbelievable that we didn't score at least one and we looked like we would score. so those going on 77 mins? Well, words fail me.

CovFan

People leaving early always happens, whether we have 10k or 30k in the ground. If you were one of those who stood up and started swearing at them and abusing them then you are no better.

exhallskyblue

been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post. it was good to see the ground full yesterday yes, but i think some of the "regular" fans had a sense of arrogance about them, thinking they are better than the rest of them. Okay i may not attend all home games as I go to university in a different city, but have a flexi ticket in which i can come to home games when im back home for the weekend. Anyway back to the point, in my opinion these "fans" made the experience for some of the noobs or irregulars a poor one by slating the fans who only came for a "fiver" - one example singing that half time in the concourse. Even if some of these new fans come to future games it will make a difference, just feel there should have been a bit more welcoming instead of all the negative talk about them during the build up to the game.

Mr pot

I was cursing after the 3rd. Couldn't stand th crewe fans having the time of their lives. If it wasn't for my mates I would have left early

Cbaker89

I can't go to every game either but I go to all mid week been to all jtp however I support the club not spend £5 leave early and slate the team and say I ain't watching this crap again. And there probably was some slating of people. But people need to realise if we want prem football again then it's up to us to get involved and push us there not turn up just wrote wembley??

Cbaker89

Wrote=before bloody iPhone auto correct

trick2

I haven't had a ST last few years, just can't afford it. I have been to a few games this season, only home ones though. I got there at 6.30pm and stayed in my seat until the bitter end. I think if you're there stay there and just cheer them on! It can't be great as a player to watch people pouring out like yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread