Tonight's match (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Any chance of it being off tonight if the temperatures go as low as expected?

ashbyjan

With rent dispute etc hope the under pitch heating is switched on and the game is not called off. Hate to think that the two sides start bickering over who pays the bill for it etc

hill83

I hope so, it is very cold today and I haven't got socks, a coat, gloves, a scarf, a jumper or a hat.

Sky Blue Ian

Did I read somewhere recently that the Ricoh were boasting they've never had a game called off? If so I'd expect them do do everything possible to make sure it goes ahead

Otis

no chance, we have undersoil heating, the weather has been known to the club for about a week, no excuses really

It's not just about the pitch though. It's about ensuring the safety of supporters getting to and from the ground and into it as well.

Can easily be called off in spite of undersoil heating.

Games have be called off before in such circumstances elsewhere.

Otis

I hope so, it is very cold today and I haven't got socks, a coat, gloves, a scarf, a jumper or a hat.

You can borrow my daughter's hat, Hill.

It is a character hat though and you would have to look like a penguin. Any qualms?

jon92

had worse then this and it has always been on, game wouldnt be abandoned because of it being minus temperatures if we have got to sit and watch it up there the players can surely play at least their running about :whistle:

pusbccfc

The Norwich game a few years back in December was far worse. -5 with heavy snow. I think we were one of about 5 teams in the top 2 leagues that played that day.

We have never called a game off.

mark82

I think one was called off in the snow a couple of years ago. Stadium & pitch were fine but police called it off due to slippery conditions in the areas around the stadium.

hill83

I think one was called off in the snow a couple of years ago. Stadium & pitch were fine but police called it off due to slippery conditions in the areas around the stadium.

We'll be fine, plenty of salty tears around the Ricoh.

hill83

So you think ACL will expend about £15K just to make sure that CCFC can play tonight? Dream on!

I assume you'll be back in here with your tail between your legs if the game is on?
Or even if it is called off due to anything else other than undersoil heating?
Or even if it is an issue with undersoil heating but not explicitly stated it's becase the ACL don't want to spend money turning it on?

Probably not.

ashbyjan

I have no idea how much it costs to switch on and run the under soil heating but I do fear a row happening between ACL and CCFC as to who pays for it - up to now the club has paid the match day costs but would this be classified as an extra? If so who pays? Its a shame that we can even call into doubt a game not because of lack of facilities and equipment but because we cannot trust those involved to work together for the benefit of the supporters.

I doubt it will be called off because of this but its a shame relations have sunk so low as to it being a possibility

If the game goes ahead, which im sure it will, as we have underfloor heating and a fan base that will go thru any conditions to support their City, I think we can knick a cheeky win. I reckon 2-1 City, with a late winner from Callum Wilson

Ashdown1

Apparently it costs £800 a day to run the undersoil heating. This is paid for by CCFC in the £10,000 per match they allegedly pay to ACL for matchday standard costs.

torchomatic

I think the game will be on. I have to be honest though I wouldn't be too disappointed if I could stay in the warm. :whistle:

torchomatic

Well they do pay it, so why is it alleged?

Apparently it costs £800 a day to run the undersoil heating. This is paid for by CCFC in the £10,000 per match they allegedly pay to ACL for matchday standard costs.

torchomatic

sylus

It's not just about the pitch though. It's about ensuring the safety of supporters getting to and from the ground and into it as well.

Can easily be called off in spite of undersoil
heating.

Games have be called off before in such circumstances elsewhere.

just out of interest,what games have previously been called off when the club has underground heating system and its a few degree's below outside with abit of ice.the roads are clear and the footpaths are walkable,but if you want to stay at home in the warm with a cup of cocoa and listen to the game,who am i to judge.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Once I'm wrapped up with me flask of Horlicks and goals flying into the Tranmere net then I'll be pleased I made the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread