tonights checkatrade group game (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

cheltenham vs arsenal u21s, ideally cov need a draw or cheltenham win to keep arsenal on their toes. otherwise they and FGR could play out a draw in final game rendering our final match meaningless.

It is not huge granted but this cup gives us a chanc eof silverware in an non pressurised environment and also gives valuable minutes to players that will need it like LOB,Mason,Grimmer,Jones ,Andreu and Bakayoko etc

come on cheltenham!

smileycov

Facebook User
Nope, Arse u21’s will batter them and then batter FGR. Too much pride at stake for teams to look at draws imo - the U21 teams will always want to win to try and justify there very existence in a lower league competition. I for one hope 2 U21 sides go all the way and the EFL can stare at 85,000 empty seats in the final

Sbarcher

You and 35000 other Cov fans
Been a ST holder since the 60's (apart from our sojourn out of the city) but can't get excited now that is no longer an EFL competition. If two Northern U21 teams get to the final Wembley will be lucky to get a crowd of 5K. Two L1 or L2 teams would get at least 40K I would guess which makes it something to win. Where would Arsenal find room in their trophy cabinet for this one?

covcity4life

Been a ST holder since the 60's (apart from our sojourn out of the city) but can't get excited now that is no longer an EFL competition. If two Northern U21 teams get to the final Wembley will be lucky to get a crowd of 5K. Two L1 or L2 teams would get at least 40K I would guess which makes it something to win. Where would Arsenal find room in their trophy cabinet for this one?
next to the 4th place trophies

covcity4life

Cheltenham 2 up vs 10 man arsenal

Should mean cov have something to play for in final group game if stays this way

hinckley cov

Even if arsenal get 2 pts we have a chance now as their goal diff is minus 1. We will need to win our game 2 nil it possibly 3 nil to go through.

Basically Cheltenham is biggest game of the season!
Is it just me who doesn’t give a toss about this competition? It’s not our biggest game , all our league games are more important.

hinckley cov

We don’t need 40 thousand at Wembley for some crap cup we need all them glory seekers to go too a few more league games.

Reactions: vow

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Oh, did they have other games for their other players that were more important or just letting other players have a go?
Arsenal play Blackpool at home in the League Cup tonight so I assume (possibly) a few of them might make the match day squad so didn't feature last night.

Garryb80

Arsenal play Blackpool at home in the League Cup tonight so I assume (possibly) a few of them might make the match day squad so didn't feature last night.
Smith rowe played against us and has since been on the first team bench for a few games. This side was nowhere near that quality

Users who are viewing this thread