Tonight’s games (2 Viewers)

Otis

I didn't realise Morecambe were that close to the bottom, they could get sucked into the battle to stay up, hope it doesn't go down to the last game for both of us needing the 3 points for playoffs/to avoid the drop
I think they should be fine. Chesterfield would have to win all 4 of their remaining matches and Barnet would have to win all 3 of theirs, while Morecambe lose all of their last 3.

In saying that though, Morecambe do still have to play Barnet. Basically, Morecambe would need just a draw from that game to be safe.

Also worth noting, there is a 17 point gap in terms of goal difference between Chesterfield and Morecambe and a 12 goal gap between Barnet and Morecambe.

Covstu

So it’s Wycombe or Exeter for the last spot in 3rd, we are still clinging on with Mansfield snapping at our heels. That game in hand is vital

Otis

Yep just goes to show what can be done with the right people in charge and all pulling in the same direction. Surely achieved with the lowest or one of the lowest budgets in the division.
I'm sure they said last night on Sky that it was.

tigersb

So it’s Wycombe or Exeter for the last spot in 3rd, we are still clinging on with Mansfield snapping at our heels. That game in hand is vital
Mansfield are hardly snapping at our heels
They’ve been rank since Fatboy left them

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yep just goes to show what can be done with the right people in charge and all pulling in the same direction. Surely achieved with the lowest or one of the lowest budgets in the division.

Yep. Interesting that coleman is nearly 4 years into his 2nd term at the club too....

....so IF squeaky Robins can get it right in the longer term....the skys the limit .....(well, championship anyhow)

oucho

Our rivals for a PO spot really are conspiring to make it really hard for us to mess up a top 7 finish.

skybluesam66

It looks like 7 points will be needed to get us up from here
A win v Lincoln would help as part of that -

7 points including a win v lincoln would mean that
Mansfield would need to win 3 out of 3
Lincoln would need to win 2 and not lose the other out of 3

so we would need 6 results to go against us

Massive 6 days ahead (us winning and Mansfield losing at the weekend is the ideal scenario)

Voice_of_Reason

Forest Green Rovers too has punched well above its weight. Survival virtually guaranteed.

Londonccfcfan

These massive 6 days should be reflected by big increase in gates.

Just two years ago in January, when we were on crest of a wave near top of league we got 17k vs Burton and 15 k(midweek) game vs Walsall when it was freezing!

I would like to think we can get 15 k vs Lincoln. Considering they will bring 2k plus?

Astute

If a point behind and better goal difference isn’t close then I don’t know what is?
But they have only got 8 points in their last 10 games. And 3 of them were their last game which was against Chesterfield. Chesterfield have only got 1 point from their last 5 games. And that was against Morecambe. Morecambe havent won a game in their last 6 but have drawn 5 of them.

And they have played a game more than us.

So the form all stands up.

Londonccfcfan

But they have only got 8 points in their last 10 games. And 3 of them were their last game which was against Chesterfield. Chesterfield have only got 1 point from their last 5 games. And that was against Morecambe. Morecambe havent won a game in their last 6 but have drawn 5 of them.

So the form all stands up.
Form os very temporary.

We lost 3 in a row then went unbeaten in 6 or 7.

Teams can easily 2/3 or 4 and then go on winning run.

Accrington lost 6 out 7 games in December including cups or something like that. But then won 10 in a row.

Otis

Form os very temporary.

We lost 3 in a row then went unbeaten in 6 or 7.

Teams can easily 2/3 or 4 and then go on winning run.

Accrington lost 6 out 7 games in December including cups or something like that. But then won 10 in a row.
True on the form. It can indeed be very temporary and just a single win can transform a team's fortunes.

Be interesting to see now if Mansfield have a bit of a run after that one win last weekend.

rob9872

England - League Two - run-in analysis

Look at the relative H/A average points on the link above for the teams we've got o play. I know that doesn't always transform into points (particularly with City!) but based on that, if we don't make the play offs then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just two years ago in January, when we were on crest of a wave near top of league we got 17k vs Burton and 15 k(midweek) game vs Walsall when it was freezing!

I would like to think we can get 15 k vs Lincoln. Considering they will bring 2k plus?
I thought that about Luton and we got like 8,500 and Luton brought like 2,000 I think? Everyone will have their own reasons, but sadly the team aren't supported no matter how well they are doing in this league.

covcity4life

bank holiday weekend really fucked out auto chances. with 4 pts we would have been bang in it right now

this weekend ourselves mansfield and swindon all have home games. with not long to go its vital we do our utmost to stay in top 7 till end of season now,dont wanna be playing catch up

friday is MUST WIN(even if we have game in hand on Mansfield)

covcity4life

friday and tuesday games. cant see a huige crowd. if its sunny friday then maybe 8 or 9k

tigersb

If a point behind and better goal difference isn’t close then I don’t know what is?
I agree they are close,but only because they are in freefall
6 weeks ago they were expecting the autos

tigersb

It looks like 7 points will be needed to get us up from here
A win v Lincoln would help as part of that -

7 points including a win v lincoln would mean that
Mansfield would need to win 3 out of 3
Lincoln would need to win 2 and not lose the other out of 3

so we would need 6 results to go against us

Massive 6 days ahead (us winning and Mansfield losing at the weekend is the ideal scenario)
Agreed,7 points with a win over Lincoln or 9 with a defeat

Otis

I fear our current position could make us a bit complacent. Does anyone else feel there is a slight false security going on right now?
Yup.

Need to beat Stevenage first and see where we are.

If we are still looking very healthy come 5pm on Saturday night, then we can begin to feel confident we will make it.

Liquid Gold

Beating Stevenage is essential but I'm confident we will. If Mansfield somehow conspire to lose then it would have us 4 points ahead of them with them 2 games left to play.

Users who are viewing this thread