Tonight’s games (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

There’s no point in focusing on other results. The team should make the play offs given who we’ve got to play and we have 5 games. 2 wins and a draw will be enough possibly less.

The real issue is they need to start winning games and looking like there is intent or we will likely be the poorest of the 4 teams in it.
You would like to think we would get that easy......

skybluebeduff

I don't ask for much in life, I work hard, I have a great family and the checkatrade gave me a glimpse of what it's like to see your team win something, so please CCFC give me it again for the 2nd time in 2 years, but not just me, to all of us mugs who think about you everyday and completely dominate most of our lives...

We can fucking do this, and SISU leaving would be the icing on a sweet tasting cake!!!

skybluebeduff

Also if I was Robins, I would allow some of the Coventry Legends to be in those changing rooms for the final games, not to rally those players for the club, but for those fans who deserve so much more.
The clubs tainted with SISU at the helm, but the fans have never been tainted, only disheartened by a continues rot...

Those former legends know what we fans are all about, and what we've been through.

Londonccfcfan

We need 3 wins from 5 games I think

Just woke up and seen the results! Went to bed fearing the worst when Mansfield equalised and Swindon were ahead. But definitely take that.

Would definitely echo everyone’s comments, yeeeee haaaa. Just brilliant.

We have to assume though Mansfield or Swindon will get 12 more points though(very unlikely). So for guaranteed play offs this season it’s 76 points as it stands. Likely to be few points lower , for every point the teams drop below us.

So we still need 4 wins. It’s well in our hands now.

Adge

Indeed. Another “get out of jail free card” where everyone is doing our dirty work for us. Lets just hope from now on till the end we can keep our own house in order.

Sky Blue Harry H

Back from Barcelona last night - Messi cleared off to Rome before I could fit him in the suitcase. Last night's results were fantastic for us - good to see that Ricky Miller had injured his hamstring so couldn't turn out for Mansfield (by all accounts he turned the tide against Crewe). Let's hope he's out for a couple of more games. Crawley is massive for us - if we could win that, I would feel confident. Glad still to be in the driving seat after the last 2 results. PUSB

oucho

Otis

Back from Barcelona last night - Messi cleared off to Rome before I could fit him in the suitcase. Last night's results were fantastic for us - good to see that Ricky Miller had injured his hamstring so couldn't turn out for Mansfield (by all accounts he turned the tide against Crewe). Let's hope he's out for a couple of more games. Crawley is massive for us - if we could win that, I would feel confident. Glad still to be in the driving seat after the last 2 results. PUSB
Yeah. I know there are 5 games to go, but I honestly think if we can beat Crawley we will make the playoffs and that is because I do really fancy us to beat Stevenage at home. Win those two and we're on 71 points. 71 points with three games to go.

Mansfield have a tough game on Saturday at Chesterfield and Swindon also a tough looking match at Newport.

skybluesam66

Mansfield have 4 very winnable games left - however they have only picked up 1 point in the previous 5
Chesterfield A
Port Vale H
Yeovil A
Crawley H

I think Saturday is massive

We win and they lose , and the gap will grow to 4 points with a game in hand
We lose and they win, and may be the impetus they need to pip us

Swindon have
Newport A
Grimsby H
Colchester A
Accrington H

They have 4 draws and a defeat in the last 5 games

They would be doing really well to get 8 points from those games, and so 7 for us puts us ahead of them

Otis

Mansfield have 4 very winnable games left - however they have only picked up 1 point in the previous 5
Chesterfield A
Port Vale H
Yeovil A
Crawley H

I think Saturday is massive

We win and they lose , and the gap will grow to 4 points with a game in hand
We lose and they win, and may be the impetus they need to pip us

Swindon have
Newport A
Grimsby H
Colchester A
Accrington H

They have 4 draws and a defeat in the last 5 games

They would be doing really well to get 8 points from those games, and so 7 for us puts us ahead of them
But it's not just that Mansfield have only picked up 1 point out of the last 5 matches, they also have no wins in 9!

9 games without a win. It's incredible that they are still right in the mix for a play-off place.

Esoterica

With our rivals for 7th in such poor form, we have nothing to fear IMO.
Getting there from this position should be the easy part. We've only won 3 games in a row once this season though and while of course you don't need to beat a team in both legs of the semi final our fine margin of victory in most games is going to make those 2 high pressure games. Confident of making the play offs but not of our performance once there.

Otis

Getting there from this position should be the easy part. We've only won 3 games in a row once this season though and while of course you don't need to beat a team in both legs of the semi final our fine margin of victory in most games is going to make those 2 high pressure games. Confident of making the play offs but not of our performance once there.
Agree and we always have one duff, 'don't turn up' performance up our sleeve.

If we make it we need the final positioning to be kind to us to give us the best chance.

If we then got to Wembley I would then very much fancy our chances in a one off.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wouldn't be overly frightened of Exeter or Notts County over 2 legs. Lincoln would be tough. Think Lincoln would beat either of those over 2 legs. Would like Exeter or N County at Wembley ideally - but now I'm getting a bit ahead of myself!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree and we always have one duff, 'don't turn up' performance up our sleeve.

If we make it we need the final positioning to be kind to us to give us the best chance.

If we then got to Wembley I would then very much fancy our chances in a one off.

Almost certain to have to play the first leg of any play off at home - would be gutting if it was v Exeter and a narrow result, then the SBA can't go and support the team at their place due to the away restrictions (although if we get through, we'd soon get over it)!) Incidentally, I was strolling down the Rambla in Barcelona on Sunday and a bald headed bloke aged about 50, with a mate, walked past me in a Royal blue City logo top - I half shouted 'come on you Sky Blues' (to my wife's embarrassment) but he'd disappeared amongst the hordes in a split second - who were/are you?

tigersb

I think recent results have shown that even if teams have nothing to play for,they can still cause an upset
We can’t say any game will be easier than others on the run in

tigersb

It does happen, but Accrington seem relentless and unstoppable this year. I would fancy them for a draw there for sure.
I just hope that come the final game,Accrington don’t have the title won already

Otis

I just hope that come the final game,Accrington don’t have the title won already
They surely will have, but I don't think it will stop them.

A draw at Swindon would be 2 points dropped for them, but possibly wouldn't help Swindon at all.

Swindon will surely need more than a point out of that game.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think recent results have shown that even if teams have nothing to play for,they can still cause an upset
We can’t say any game will be easier than others on the run in

Maybe not - but the game at home to Lincoln will have a completely different level of tension to it than that of the Stevenage game. What would really be nice is if we could have secured a play off place before the last game of the season - so we can rest key players. If not, those above us (who are already likely to have secured a place) will surely do so, as IIRC, the play off games have a rapid turnaround.

no_loyalty

Wouldn't be overly frightened of Exeter or Notts County over 2 legs. Lincoln would be tough. Think Lincoln would beat either of those over 2 legs. Would like Exeter or N County at Wembley ideally - but now I'm getting a bit ahead of myself!!

I would rather Exeter make the top 3 at the expense of Wycombe, as we have a really decent record against Wycombe.

oucho

One thing's for sure, if we muck this up from here it'll be the worst bottle job ever, far worse than Mowbray 2016 - we'll never hear the end of it.

Captain Dart

They are indeed in worse form than us. Mansfield are rock bottom of the form table in 24th place. Swindon are 20th and we are 10th.

Long may it continue.

View attachment 9424

Noooooooooooooooooo, we need to be in top 3 for form.

Grendel

They surely will have, but I don't think it will stop them.

A draw at Swindon would be 2 points dropped for them, but possibly wouldn't help Swindon at all.

Swindon will surely need more than a point out of that game.

Like when Derby beat a title winning Man U in our Premier relegation season?

Otis

One thing's for sure, if we muck this up from here it'll be the worst bottle job ever, far worse than Mowbray 2016 - we'll never hear the end of it.
Especially not off CC4L!
giphy.gif
T

Otis

Like when Derby beat a title winning Man U in our Premier relegation season?
Not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think Accrington Stanley are full of overpaid prima donnas. Man U and Accrington are chalk and cheese.

Massive difference.

Last edited:

Grendel

Not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think Accrington Stanley are full of overpaid prima donnas. Man U and Accrington are chalk and cheese.

Massive difference.

It’s nothing to do with that it’s when intensity disappears

Users who are viewing this thread