Tomorrow is the BIG ONE (1 Viewer)

I've read some on here saying that even a defeat tomorrow is not a total disaster...but IMO it is....we simply MUST not lose.

If we do, then we'll be 4 points adrift, with a tricky game coming up at Burnley. Lose or draw there and we'll be 3/4 points adrift with 3 left to play...we can't afford to be more than a game behind 4th from bottom.

So, as far as I am concerned, we cannot dress the game up any other way than it is a MUST NOT LOSE game....a draw will be ok, and keep us all nervy for the next game, but a defeat and I will start to lose some belief.

Early to bed tonight, lads....and let's make sure we are all up for the game tomorrow. and get the 3 points and dump the straw munchers in the shit and heading towards Division 3 (as it will ALWAYS be known!).

Grendel

I've read some on here saying that even a defeat tomorrow is not a total disaster...but IMO it is....we simply MUST not lose.

If we do, then we'll be 4 points adrift, with a tricky game coming up at Burnley. Lose or draw there and we'll be 3/4 points adrift with 3 left to play...we can't afford to be more than a game behind 4th from bottom.

So, as far as I am concerned, we cannot dress the game up any other way than it is a MUST NOT LOSE game....a draw will be ok, and keep us all nervy for the next game, but a defeat and I will start to lose some belief.

Early to bed tonight, lads....and let's make sure we are all up for the game tomorrow. and get the 3 points and dump the straw munchers in the shit and heading towards Division 3 (as it will ALWAYS be known!).

Lose and it's time to dust off the map and find out where Carlisle, Leyton Orient etc. are.

I know exactly what you mean mate.

I've been going through all the permutations over team selection and the future based on each outcome...win/lose/draw.

It's looking as though it'll be pissing down with rain tomorrow...and I have been fearing long range skidding shots....I hope Joe Murphy has a good game.

Grendel

I know exactly what you mean mate.
I've been going through all the permutations over team selection and the future based on each outcome...win/lose/draw
It's looking as though it'll be pissing down with rain tomorrow...and I have been fearing long range skidding shots....I hope Joe Murphy has a good game.

Bristol will want a win so there will be pressure of sorts. We should pack the midfield and leave nimeley and platt on the bench. Bristol create few chances so we should try and contain. A draw is fine. Defeat means having to get a win at burnley. Then the precipice looks very near.

CCFC123

If anyone thinks that we can lose tomorrow and still stay up couldn't have a clue about the game and living in a bubble.

We lose and were 4 points adrift and have 4 games left. We will be down and winning our two home games wont be enough. We all know the score when we travel away and are away form has been a disgrace. That's what's cost us our championship status this season.

I've resigned myself that were heading for new grounds next season. That's not being a defeatist mong but a realist. Bristols win at Forest has given them a massive chance now of staying up. I just dont see City doing that when we need it in an away game (i.e.- tomorrow)

Trying to play for a draw is one of the reasons we're in this position.

They have settled for less than 3 points once too often, trying it again tomorrow will be ridiculous. They should go looking for the 3 points against a very poor Bristol side.

Grendel

I agree, it's funny people flagging Bristol off and saying how they can't score and we will win. They said that before the forest game.
Away from home we are shocking. If there is a team Bristol want to play at home it's us. I just hope we can get a draw. I hope he doesn't play the diamond as it can expose the full backs when they move forward. Deegan has to start.

I would play Nimely and Cody up front...and for all future away games. Use their pace to stretch their defence. At home, where we have to press the game, play Platt, as he can bring others into the game. Away from home, Platt and Nimely play too far away from the midfield and hence the ball keeps coming back, with the temptation for the defence to just lump it to Platt.

Bristol City are shit, let's get that straight right now, and the longer we keep them out, the better that is for us.

My one fear from the game is that, if we had been in front of them in the league, that would have heaped even more pressure on them...and hence my fear that the 2 points dropped against Peterbrough don't come back to haunt us.....

Trying to play for a draw is one of the reasons we're in this position.

They have settled for less than 3 points once too often, trying it again tomorrow will be ridiculous. They should go looking for the 3 points against a very poor Bristol side.

I'm not saying play for the draw, we MUST go and try to win game...but come 5pm, let's make sure that at the very least we have acquired a point.

Grendel

I think nimeley looks very tired and needs a rest.

Otis

Who on earth said losing wouldn't be a disaster? Lose tomorrow and we will be all but relegated.

A draw will be fine, but is most definitely a must not lose.

CCFC123

We all know what will happen tomorrow. City have 70% of the game make 4-5 clear cut chances and lose 1-0 to a goal mid way through the second half to a shit Bristol team that have scrapped up a half chance from a corner.

Love the players to read my statement and fire them up and give it all but we will see the strong charactors tomorrow and the wet farts. In fact this will be the team tomorrow and this will be the charactors and the wet farts

Murphy - Pos
Clarke- Pos
Cranie - Pos
Keogh - Pos
Clinghan - Fart
Deegan - Fart
Norwood -Pos
McSheffery- Fart
Platt- Fart
Nimley- Fart/Pos

Sub- Bell = Dog shit fart

C

CCFC123

We all know what will happen tomorrow. City have 70% of the game make 4-5 clear cut chances and lose 1-0 to a goal mid way through the second half to a shit Bristol team that have scrapped up a half chance from a corner.

Love the players to read my statement and fire them up and give it all but we will see the strong charactors tomorrow and the wet farts. In fact this will be the team tomorrow and this will be the charactors and the wet farts

Murphy - Pos
Clarke- Pos
Cranie - Pos
Keogh - Pos
Clinghan - Fart
Deegan - Fart
Norwood -Pos
McSheffery- Fart
Platt- Fart
Nimley- Fart/Pos

Sub- Bell = Dog shit fart

C

Ouch...

Forgot Hussey- Fart

Who on earth said losing wouldn't be a disaster? Lose tomorrow and we will be all but relegated.

A draw will be fine, but is most definitely a must not lose.

On some posts, Otis, there have been comments made about Bristol having tough games coming up etc etc, which is true, but IMO if we go 4 points adrift, it'll be VERY difficult to claw that back. Millwall will come here knowing (as Peterbrough did) that a point will almost guarantee them safety and I'm not sure our current team can triumph in these sort of matches...

CCFC123

On some posts, Otis, there have been comments made about Bristol having tough games coming up etc etc, which is true, but IMO if we go 4 points adrift, it'll be VERY difficult to claw that back. Millwall will come here knowing (as Peterbrough did) that a point will almost guarantee them safety and I'm not sure our current team can triumph in these sort of matches...

agreed. even if we win both home hames it wont be enough as we will lose both away games.

A lot of people were looking at our 4 home games prior to the Pompey and stating that it would be 4 wins, but that isn't how it pans out...and that isn't how it has panned out.

We could draw tomorrow and against Burnley, and then again against Millwall....I wouldn't be surprised if we did tbh....

The only game I am confident about is the Doncaster game as they seem to have given up and will be down by the time we play them.

If we lose tomorrow it will DEFINITELY go down to the last game IMO, and if old Southampton need something from the game, I won't be too confident of getting what we need.

Can't believe the stats from Forest v Bristol

Forest: 19 shots - 8 on target - 11 off target - no goals = 0 points

Bristol: 4 shots - 1 on target - 3 off target - 1 goal = 3 points

ROBBERY

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep must not lose, a defeat would be near impossible to recover from. A draw and we are still in with a good shout and a win and I would be over the moon.

torchomatic

Now is the time for us ALL to get behind the team, not to have a go at each other.

Weren't so shocking against Hull were we?

I agree, it's funny people flagging Bristol off and saying how they can't score and we will win. They said that before the forest game.
Away from home we are shocking. If there is a team Bristol want to play at home it's us. I just hope we can get a draw. I hope he doesn't play the diamond as it can expose the full backs when they move forward. Deegan has to start.

cloughie

A lot of people were looking at our 4 home games prior to the Pompey and stating that it would be 4 wins, but that isn't how it pans out...and that isn't how it has panned out.

We could draw tomorrow and against Burnley, and then again against Millwall....I wouldn't be surprised if we did tbh....

The only game I am confident about is the Doncaster game as they seem to have given up and will be down by the time we play them.

If we lose tomorrow it will DEFINITELY go down to the last game IMO, and if old Southampton need something from the game, I won't be too confident of getting what we need.[/Q

Yep some people got carried away after Hull and it peed me off with some trying to celebrate with the mexican wave and cheering every pass when we hadn,t even won

Users who are viewing this thread