Tommy Robinson (6 Viewers)

wingy

Not really - he’s a convicted fraudster and oddly seems to have several aliases.

His interest in justice is I think racially motivated. I do believe some aspects of the Pakistan community do have an issue with grooming and abuse which needs addressing. I’m not sure though that someone whose campaigning is really motivated by a dislike of other races should be a role model for anyone.
I'd go along with most of this
So difficult to police this area
Do you create a 'martyr' effect in suppressing the right to a view.
Has not that fear,PCness helped build the void for perpetrators to flourish and victims to remain invisible, or was it simply that white trash got what they were due in the authorities eyes?

Sick Boy

What differentiates the Pakistani paedophile gangs is that their victims are chosen from an ethnic group that they fundamentally see as inferior to them and dirty even. The nazi undertones to this frighten me more than some ex football hooligan who likes the sound of his own voice

Yeah and the likes of Robinson and the EDL tarnish other Pakistanis with the same brush and try to create an us v them mentality. No doubt they also see Muslims, or Pakis as they eloquently call them, as dirty or inferior.

duffer

You assume wrong my friend. Anyone with young daughters should be raising a drink to this man.

Which bit is wrong? The fraud, the false names, the association with football violence, the hate speech?

I've got daughters but I'm not so scared of the world to need people like him on my side.

He preys on the vulnerable too, by peddling the myth of 'the other' coming here to take our jobs and our women and our very culture etc., and that he's the only person brave enough to challenge them. It's a very old story and if you can scare enough people into doing something stupid, a very dangerous one.

I'm not unaware of the Pakistani grooming gangs and it's not acceptable to get a pass on criminal behaviour because of your culture or religion. But I don't need people like Robinson to speak up on it for me; he's in it to justify his own personal hatred and I'm not falling for it.

wingy

Was the failure to prosecute these failures way back due to Patriarchy within the system back then
The evolvement to senior positions and a voice to a Womans concience playing a part here maybe ?

wingy

Still trying to find out if its fact that he's been sent down, that breach of the peace offence is a strange one, you could seriously hurt someone and still get a lesser sentence. The powers to be have been trying to shut him up for years....shit scared that he might upset the 'minority' population....
Arrested in court and 13months within an hour what I've read online .

wingy

The joke here of course is the notion that he’s some hero of the people exposing paedophile gangs. It’s bollocks. Aside from the obvious that he’s filming them as they go into court means he isn’t exposing anyone the fact that they’re paedophiles is secondary to almost irrelevant. He’s targeting them because they’re Muslims. If them being paedophiles was the factor driving him he’d be targeting the Catholic Church, the Church of England, the BBC, the establishment that allowed paedophile gangs to establish themselves in the care system and specifically carehomes. To my knowledge he’s never given any of those more than a passing comment if even that let alone pursue them with cameras. If these men were Muslims he’d be all over it.
Very salient last paragraph Tony and I do think that forms the narrative .

wingy

Nothing to do with free speech though. He broke the terms of his probation and that caused him to be locked up. He was disrupting a trial. The people being tried are scum, but the legal system has to take it’s course.

If he wasn’t a known criminal with a suspended sentence, he would still be outside.
That would depend on what was the initial offence he was on probation for I guess .
Was that freedom of speech related? IHDK.

chiefdave

That would depend on what was the initial offence he was on probation for I guess .
Was that freedom of speech related? IHDK.
This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about the freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly. It is about ensuring that a jury are not in any way inhibited from carrying out their important function. It is about being innocent until proven guilty. It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as "Muslim paedophile rapists". A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that and under the strict liability rule there would be no defence to publication in those terms. It is pejorative language which prejudges the case, and it is language and reporting - if reporting indeed is what it is - that could have had the effect of substantially derailing the trial. As I have already indicated, because of what I knew was going on I had to take avoiding action in order to make sure that the integrity of this trial was preserved, that justice was preserved and that the trial could continue to completion without people being intimidated into reaching conclusions about it, or into being affected by "irresponsible and inaccurate reporting". If something of the nature of that which you put out on social media had been put into the mainstream press I would have been faced with applications from the advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon the trial and to start again. That is the kind of thing that actions such as these can and do have, and that is why you have been dealt with in the way in which you have and why I am dealing with this case with the seriousness which I am.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

martcov

What differentiates the Pakistani paedophile gangs is that their victims are chosen from an ethnic group that they fundamentally see as inferior to them and dirty even. The nazi undertones to this frighten me more than some ex football hooligan who likes the sound of his own voice

His own voice is the Nazi undertone. He aims at a religion and race and constantly seeks to highlight any badness done by members of this group. He frightens people and tells them that he is the gutsy one sticking up for them. "They" are the problem. Us and them. It has been done before. TR would be at home in Goebels ministry of propaganda. Fighting the lying press and the intruders.

chiefdave

So the same issue repeating itself.

It seems TR is aware in the prior on this occassion and has Martyred himself .
It takes a special kind of stupid to get done for exactly the same thing while on probation. Especially when its a location where you are guaranteed to be caught.

Doubt he's that stupid so you can only assume he has indeed deliberately martyred himself.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The thing is, if the normal press would actually cover these stories properly then there wouldn't be a need for people like Tommy Robinson. I've said it so many times, but there is a real problem in this country with grooming gangs particularly from within the Muslim community, yet it doesn't tackled. Anyone who says anything is a 'racist'. It's swept under the carpet and therefore creates a vacuum.

The bloke has rumbled a few feathers because he proves some people's naive viewpoints as wrong and makes then feel uncomfortable because they are so used to constantly defending the same people he is frequently showing can be pretty evil.

The truth is there is no doubt Robinson is far from an angel, but he puts his life on the line to show insight into what is happening. Something which is blatantly being covered up. It's really easy to call him a racist and pretend the problem isn't there, but thankfully more and more people are waking up.

skybluetony176

Funnily enough I go out of my way to avoid what Tommy Robinson has to say yet somehow I’m still aware of these Muslim Paedophile rape gangs using “normal” news outlets. Another myth from his followers.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Funnily enough I go out of my way to avoid what Tommy Robinson has to say yet somehow I’m still aware of these Muslim Paedophile rape gangs using “normal” news outlets. Another myth from his followers.

1) If you know there is a problem, why do you ignore it and label people who don't?

2) You're not stupid enough to think these things are being covered properly, so therefore it must be stright up denial to suit your agenda I guess? This case is a prime example, why wasn't it being covered?

3) Just because someone is against a rife problem to do with childen being abused, it does not make then a 'follower' of Tommy Robinson.

skybluetony176

1) If you know there is a problem, why do you ignore it and label people who don't?

2) You're not stupid enough to think these things are being covered properly, so therefore it must be stright up denial to suit your agenda I guess? This case is a prime example, why wasn't it being covered?

3) Just because someone is against a rife problem to do with childen being abused, it does not make then a 'follower' of Tommy Robinson.

1) I’m not ignoring it. I’m just not ignorant enough to be educated on it by the likes of Tommy Robinson.

2) who said it isn’t being covered? Tommy Robinson and his followers? Don’t make me laugh.

3) if you’re only interest is covering Muslim paedophiles instead of all paedophiles regardless of race or religion then you’re problem isn’t with paedophiles. You’re problem is with Muslims.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1) I’m not ignoring it. I’m just not ignorant enough to be educated on it by the likes of Tommy Robinson.

2) who said it isn’t being covered? Tommy Robinson and his followers? Don’t make me laugh.

3) if you’re only interest is covering Muslim paedophiles instead of all paedophiles regardless of race or religion then you’re problem isn’t with paedophiles. You’re problem is with Muslims.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just written 'I'm a grooming gang apologist because I have a biased agenda which I cannot drop.'

It's not even naivety from you, you know exactly what you are doing and you are part of the problem. The funny thing is, if it wasn't for Robinson in this circumsrance, no one would know about this case. Your beloved Independent didn't want to cover it, but was quite happy to have a bash at TR, which is quite a common occurrence.

Carry on trying to plead otherwise though. You're making yourself look silly.

skybluetony176

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and just written 'I'm a grooming gang apologist because I have a biased agenda which I cannot drop.'

It's not even naivety from you, you know exactly what you are doing and you are part of the problem. The funny thing is, if it wasn't for Robinson in this circumsrance, no one would know about this case. Your beloved Independent didn't want to cover it, but was quite happy to have a bash at TR, which is quite a common occurrence.

Hahaha. Yeah, OK.

If it’s the case I’m thinking about it’s been going on for months and has been covered extensively by all news outlets. Probably where Tommy Robinson picked up on it from. Although he was clearly distracted by the cartoon section as he’s a couple of months late in “covering” it.

Was he at Birmingham Crown Court covering the case of a white Coventry paedophile gang in the week? I’m going to say no. Using your train of “thought” that must make Tommy Robinson a “grooming gang apologist”.

Sick Boy

Why does he seem to only cover Muslim sex offenders? He couldn't care less about the victims of abuse, he hijacks them to spread his message of hatred.

Macca

Why does he seem to only cover Muslim sex offenders? He couldn't care less about the victims of abuse, he hijacks them to spread his message of hatred.

The reason he does? Probably because he hates Muslims. Reason I do is because there is proven evidence of it being dealt with poorly. Me personally I hate the fact that a lot of people in positions of influence have the horn for one particular religion. Almost an obsession. It's bizarre. You don't see the same obsession with Sikhism or Hinduism so assume it's not a PC thing....weird and sure it's a recent development of last 10-15 years

Westendlad

The reason he does? Probably because he hates Muslims. Reason I do is because there is proven evidence of it being dealt with poorly. Me personally I hate the fact that a lot of people in positions of influence have the horn for one particular religion. Almost an obsession. It's bizarre. You don't see the same obsession with Sikhism or Hinduism so assume it's not a PC thing....weird and sure it's a recent development of last 10-15 years
Macca, He doesn't hate muslims.
Any evidence of him turning up at the trials of white British men for sexual abuse and rape? No, I thought not.
LOL

Westendlad

Which bit is wrong? The fraud, the false names, the association with football violence, the hate speech?

I've got daughters but I'm not so scared of the world to need people like him on my side.

He preys on the vulnerable too, by peddling the myth of 'the other' coming here to take our jobs and our women and our very culture etc., and that he's the only person brave enough to challenge them. It's a very old story and if you can scare enough people into doing something stupid, a very dangerous one.

I'm not unaware of the Pakistani grooming gangs and it's not acceptable to get a pass on criminal behaviour because of your culture or religion. But I don't need people like Robinson to speak up on it for me; he's in it to justify his own personal hatred and I'm not falling for it.
You talk bollocks....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It is true that he doesn't like Islam as an ideology, but he has studied it intensively and has a right to hold those opinions if he wants to.

One of the main reasons he covers these cases is because they are often covered up by a politically correct police force or also the biased media.

Of course I would want to see any groomers locked up, but that isn't the point here. The point is that sexual abusers of South Asian (muslim) backgrounds are worryingly overpopulated in the statistics and this is being swept under the carpet. They've thrown TR in prison for the simple reason that they want to shut him up.

Sick Boy

It is true that he doesn't like Islam as an ideology, but he has studied it intensively and has a right to hold those opinions if he wants to.

One of the main reasons he covers these cases is because they are often covered up by a politically correct police force or also the biased media.

Of course I would want to see any groomers locked up, but that isn't the point here. The point is that sexual abusers of South Asian (muslim) backgrounds are worryingly overpopulated in the statistics and this is being swept under the carpet. They've thrown TR in prison for the simple reason that they want to shut him up.

I'm not a fan of any particular religion personally and would like to see practices like circumcision of newborn babies banned.

There's a problem with sexual assault across all sections of society, just look at the cover ups of cases in the church and the bbc, it's not confined to one section of society.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not a fan of any particular religion personally and would like to see practices like circumcision of newborn babies banned.

There's a problem with sexual assault across all sections of society, just look at the cover ups of cases in the church and the bbc, it's not confined to one section of society.

Yeah, everyone knows sexual predators can come in all forms from all backgrounds, but that's not the point here.

The point is that sexual predators from a Muslim background are massively overrepresented in the statistics. Couple in the denial and massive coverups and there you have a massive problem.

Maajid Navaz actually said this is largely a racism thing towards white girls. That's not even come from me, but if it is true, shows the problem is even worse.

Sick Boy

Yeah, everyone knows sexual predators can come in all forms from all backgrounds, but that's not the point here.

The point is that sexual predators from a Muslim background are massively overrepresented in the statistics. Couple in the denial and massive coverups and there you have a massive problem.

Maajid Navaz actually said this is largely a racism thing towards white girls. That's not even come from me, but if it is true, shows the problem is even worse.

From what I've read from victims of the abuse, it's similar to scumbags using their religious text to justify their behaviour to themselves and others. It'd be interesting to see the % of abusers as a whole from religious backgrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread