Tommy Robinson (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I am sure there was already a thread about him but couldn't find it.

From what I can see he was reporting / filming / live streaming outside a court where there was a child sex gang going in and he got arrested and sent down in the same day? All of the newspaper reports seem to have been deleted as well when I googled it.

Anybody follow more of this sort of thing as it's a bit strange?

If he is sent down, surely he will be having a rough time of it?

ccfchoi87

He needs to give it up now. He's got a great fan base but the government want him to shut up. I hope he settles down with his kids and enjoys himself as he gets older.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Rumours on social media is that he’s been given a 13month sentence, breach of the peace

clint van damme

something to do with being on a suspended sentence for a similar offence, that's now been unsuspened (or whatever the correct term is), due to this incident.

wingy

The Suns article is still up
Suspected of Inciting a Breach of the peace.
Already on suspended sentence from last year for contempt of court.
Guessing that was a related thing .
So Yes looks like someone is trying to stop him doing it .

Nick

Administrator
Is it contempt because he is identifying them while it's a court case? I thought the press did that too?

If he has got a family, surely they are the ones who will suffer from it all?

Grendel

Is it contempt because he is identifying them while it's a court case? I thought the press did that too?

If he has got a family, surely they are the ones who will suffer from it all?

No they don’t. I assume he’s commenting while filming and giving his view on the people possibly past convictions etc. This can result in a miss trial - it’s not allowed and now he’s done it twice

Nick

Administrator
No they don’t. I assume he’s commenting while filming and giving his view on the people possibly past convictions etc. This can result in a miss trial - it’s not allowed and now he’s done it twice

Oh, so he was heckling them going in and causing a bit of trouble rather than just reporting on it?

Macca

I'm afraid he is pissing in the wind and needs to walk away before somebody turns a blind eye and let's him get killed

Marty

I actually quite like him, willing to bring up issues that the main stream media refuse to. Puts himself in situations that no normal person would, he visits migrant camps, no go zones, etc. I'm not sure why he keeps it up though, as there are so many out for him.

Westendlad

I'm afraid he is pissing in the wind and needs to walk away before somebody turns a blind eye and let's him get killed
Hardly pissing in the wind......He's 'outed' lots of grooming gangs around the country
I actually quite like him, willing to bring up issues that the main stream media refuse to. Puts himself in situations that no normal person would, he visits migrant camps, no go zones, etc. I'm not sure why he keeps it up though, as there are so many out for him.
He's got balls....Sadly most of us haven't.

Westendlad

Still trying to find out if its fact that he's been sent down, that breach of the peace offence is a strange one, you could seriously hurt someone and still get a lesser sentence. The powers to be have been trying to shut him up for years....shit scared that he might upset the 'minority' population....

duffer

Oh, so he was heckling them going in and causing a bit of trouble rather than just reporting on it?

This is Tommy Robinson, one time leader of the EDL, football thug, convicted fraudster, and a man who doesn't even go by his own name that we're talking about, right?

I'm all for free speech, but I seriously doubt someone with his background can claim to be an impartial arbiter of the truth. He's there to stir up hate and violence I'd guess, that's mostly what he does from what I can see...

Westendlad

This is Tommy Robinson, one time leader of the EDL, football thug, convicted fraudster, and a man who doesn't even go by his own name that we're talking about, right?

I'm all for free speech, but I seriously doubt someone with his background can claim to be an impartial arbiter of the truth. He's there to stir up hate and violence I'd guess, that's mostly what he does from what I can see...

If you've got a spare hour or so look him up on you tube where he gives a speech at Oxford uni...

Macca

Hardly pissing in the wind......He's 'outed' lots of grooming gangs around the country

He's got balls....Sadly most of us haven't.

Pissing in the wind because the odds are stacked against him.
I can't claim to agree with all his action and views but I admire anyone in the modern world who is not prepared to be bullied by violence, intimidation and the state

martcov

Still trying to find out if its fact that he's been sent down, that breach of the peace offence is a strange one, you could seriously hurt someone and still get a lesser sentence. The powers to be have been trying to shut him up for years....shit scared that he might upset the 'minority' population....

Nothing to do with free speech though. He broke the terms of his probation and that caused him to be locked up. He was disrupting a trial. The people being tried are scum, but the legal system has to take it’s course.

If he wasn’t a known criminal with a suspended sentence, he would still be outside.

martcov

Pissing in the wind because the odds are stacked against him.
I can't claim to agree with all his action and views but I admire anyone in the modern world who is not prepared to be bullied by violence, intimidation and the state

Admiring anyone covers far too many people. I would be a bit more discerning.

martcov

You assume wrong my friend. Anyone with young daughters should be raising a drink to this man.

Why? If he through his actions, gives the accused the right to claim the trial was unfair because of prejudging and people being wound up, he will not be helping the prosecution‘s case.

I want the perpetrators tried and punished as hard as possible.

Trying to turn it into an anti Muslim event doesn’t help to achieve that goal.

Sick Boy

Anyone who genuinely believes the EDL was not founded based upon bigotry and intolerance is either incredibly naive or stupid.

Grendel

You assume wrong my friend. Anyone with young daughters should be raising a drink to this man.

Not really - he’s a convicted fraudster and oddly seems to have several aliases.

His interest in justice is I think racially motivated. I do believe some aspects of the Pakistan community do have an issue with grooming and abuse which needs addressing. I’m not sure though that someone whose campaigning is really motivated by a dislike of other races should be a role model for anyone.

skybluetony176

The joke here of course is the notion that he’s some hero of the people exposing paedophile gangs. It’s bollocks. Aside from the obvious that he’s filming them as they go into court means he isn’t exposing anyone the fact that they’re paedophiles is secondary to almost irrelevant. He’s targeting them because they’re Muslims. If them being paedophiles was the factor driving him he’d be targeting the Catholic Church, the Church of England, the BBC, the establishment that allowed paedophile gangs to establish themselves in the care system and specifically carehomes. To my knowledge he’s never given any of those more than a passing comment if even that let alone pursue them with cameras. If these men were Muslims he’d be all over it.

Last edited:

martcov

The worst bit about it, they dont show the dog doing a nazi salute.

Edit: I just googled it and it's pretty shit anyway.

Actually, most of what I read was about saluting „Sieg heil“, and people on Twitter conveniently leaving out the „gas the Jews“ bit, which I think is worse, as it takes it from a bad joke to joking about the murder of a specific group based on race and/ or religion.

Nick

Administrator
Actually, most of what I read was about saluting „Sieg heil“, and people on Twitter conveniently leaving out the „gas the Jews“ bit, which I think is worse, as it takes it from a bad joke to joking about the murder of a specific group based on race and/ or religion.

Yeah, that sort of shit makes it worse.

If he said "Nazi Salute" and the dog did it I doubt he would have been in trouble.

Macca

What differentiates the Pakistani paedophile gangs is that their victims are chosen from an ethnic group that they fundamentally see as inferior to them and dirty even. The nazi undertones to this frighten me more than some ex football hooligan who likes the sound of his own voice

Users who are viewing this thread