Tommy Robinson (4 Viewers)

CovInEssex

Thinking about it, it might just be a tactic to sue for more money? Like when people get whiplash and then develop PTSD etc

Not sure.

NorthernWisdom

He was jailed fairly then? Oh no, wait. That's why the case has been referred to the Attn. Gen.
What?

The Attorney General could confirm he was jailed unfairly... they could also confirm all was fair in love and Tommy!

But it was upheld it'd be the corrupt system, wouldn't it...

Still, we all know the system is corrupt, don;t we. We can all agree on that... it's people with money who can get off on technicalities, where Joe Bloggs and low profile cases end up being found guilty and staying guilty.

CovInEssex

So you hope he gets a massive pay out but don't know what for?

Regarding the wrongful imprisonment, absolutely.

What?

The Attorney General could confirm he was jailed unfairly... they could also confirm all was fair in love and Tommy!

But it was upheld it'd be the corrupt system, wouldn't it...

Still, we all know the system is corrupt, don;t we. We can all agree on that... it's people with money who can get off on technicalities, where Joe Bloggs and low profile cases end up being found guilty and staying guilty.

Oh absolutely, I saw something about some MP echoing your last paragraph yesterday in the Hoc.

duffer

The blunt truth about the convicted fraudster and football thug Tommy Robinson is that he's got very wealthy by doing nothing except provoking race hate. If you support him, then quite bluntly you're supporting a move towards fascism and racism, not free speech.

Painting him as some kind of crusader oppressed by the 'liberal elite' is as laughable as it is wrong. He's had a lot of chance to put his ideas out there in the mainstream media. It's just that most find him repellent. In my opinion he needs to cross the line into illegality to make sure that the press don't forget about him - this so that he can keep the other far-right nutters pouring money his way.

This from the Guardian's long read:

In the UK, the main source of distorted and inaccurate stories about Muslims remains the press, which in turn sets the agenda of broadcasters. This long-term media narrative of Muslim extremism and disloyalty is what makes it easy for a far-right activist to step in and link everything to a civilisational conflict with Islam. It’s what makes Islamist terrorism seem like the responsibility of “the Muslim community”, but far-right terrorism the acts of lone “extremists”; it’s what makes sex crimes committed by men of Asian or Muslim background primarily about “culture” and religion, but those by white men merely about individual sick perverts.

For example, Yaxley-Lennon has frequently campaigned on the issue of “grooming gangs”. This refers to a particular pattern of child abuse, in which teenage girls are sexually exploited by groups of men. The cases that have received most attention involve perpetrators of largely Asian Muslim heritage, and victims who are largely white, in former industrial towns of England where there is a legacy of racism and resentment between white and Asian communities. Groups of white men convicted of similar crimes, and victims who aren’t white, have received far less coverage.

Various far-right groups, who have been trying to inflame tensions on this issue for over a decade, going back to the BNP in the mid-2000s, take the argument one step further and depict ethnicity and religion as the only factor in these crimes – linking them to unconnected stories about migrants and Muslims in other parts of the world. This, in turn, becomes a defiant challenge to mainstream media and politicians: if you don’t discuss this on our terms, you’re cowards.

Westendlad

Rumour has it he cleared £2 million in donations and has just bought a £950k house in Bedfordshire. Not a bad gig if true.
Only site that i can see that states that is a site called reddit'.....Sooooo many leftie arseholes on here its untrue.

Grendel

Yes, and I have said many times that I don't agree with a lot of the things he does.

My annoyance is of the people that slam him but duck out of any conversation regarding the perpetrators. How can we help the victims or any future victims if this is subject is such a challenge to talk about?

No one would be listening to him if there were open and honest conversations about these things. You get that right?

Well there will always be some people listening to him as he wants a race war

Westendlad

Well there will always be some people listening to him as he wants a race war
I would rather listen to him than most of the dickheads on here. I better confirm that it is only certain sections of the muslim community that gets my goat.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I would rather listen to him than most of the dickheads on here.
That's the problem, people would rather listen to him make stuff up than the facts. Was the same when all the stuff he was pushing about prison was coming out and it was being disproved.

Westendlad

That's the problem, people would rather listen to him make stuff up than the facts. Was the same when all the stuff he was pushing about prison was coming out and it was being disproved.
But you don't know the facts and neither does anyone else on here. Lets see when it comes out in court, then we can say if its bs or true.

chiefdave

But you don't know the facts and neither does anyone else on here. Lets see when it comes out in court, then we can say if its bs or true.
There are things that he claimed about his recent prison say that are known to be factually incorrect so its not surprised people are not entirely trusting of his version of events regarding other aspects.

Westendlad

There are things that he claimed about his recent prison say that are known to be factually incorrect so its not surprised people are not entirely trusting of his version of events regarding other aspects.
So you personally know the true facts then yeah ?

PurpleBin

Here's a thing...when I was a young lad I was a bit of a bad lad. When I was 16ish I got locked up at Onley...it was a Young Offenders Institute until the mid 2000's. I was there approx. 2001 for aboit 15 months.

He was in H wing apparently. This is one of the orginal, old, tatty wings which was next to the reman wing (G) when I was there. Neither are far from the chapel. The chapel doubles up as a Mosque and other religious places of worship throughout the week.

There is no specific Mosque in Onley. Well, there wasn't when I was there! I was on G wing on remand and then J wing when sentenced. It's impossible to be locked up opposite the entrance to the mosque. The closest would have been 'the block' (segregation) but that's enclosed so you couldn't see out anyway.

All true...!

skybluetony176

Here's a thing...when I was a young lad I was a bit of a bad lad. When I was 16ish I got locked up at Onley...it was a Young Offenders Institute until the mid 2000's. I was there approx. 2001 for aboit 15 months.

He was in H wing apparently. This is one of the orginal, old, tatty wings which was next to the reman wing (G) when I was there. Neither are far from the chapel. The chapel doubles up as a Mosque and other religious places of worship throughout the week.

There is no specific Mosque in Onley. Well, there wasn't when I was there! I was on G wing on remand and then J wing when sentenced. It's impossible to be locked up opposite the entrance to the mosque. The closest would have been 'the block' (segregation) but that's enclosed so you couldn't see out anyway.

All true...!

There still isn’t a mosque. There’s a multi faith room and it’s in a different block to where he was. He also claims he should have had enhanced status which again is nonsense, he would have arrived at Onley with the status he gained at Hull and that would have been entry or possibly standard (don’t recall how long he was at Hull but it would have to have been at least two weeks), he would never have got enhanced status for two very good reasons. One it’s an earned status, in other words you have to behave, jump through the hoops and crucially take a job. I say crucially because if you’ve requested to be on the isolation wing you can’t go out and work. Secondly and most importantly it takes three months to upgrade from standard to enhanced and he wasn’t at Onley that long.

PurpleBin

There still isn’t a mosque. There’s a multi faith room and it’s in a different block to where he was. He also claims he should have had enhanced status which again is nonsense, he would have arrived at Onley with the status he gained at Hull and that would have been entry or possibly standard (don’t recall how long he was at Hull but it would have to have been at least two weeks), he would never have got enhanced status for two very good reasons. One it’s an earned status, in other words you have to behave, jump through the hoops and crucially take a job. I say crucially because if you’ve requested to be on the isolation wing you can’t go out and work. Secondly and most importantly it takes three months to upgrade from standard to enhanced and he wasn’t at Onley that long.

Correct on all counts! If you're down the block you're down the block...basic regime!

chiefdave

So you personally know the true facts then yeah ?
He claimed his cell was opposite a mosque yet it is a fact that there is no mosque at the prison he was in.

He also complained of no TV but after release stated "watching Wes on Love Island helped me through my prison sentence".

When there's things like that clearly showing he is making things up his other claims are going to be doubted.

PurpleBin

He claimed his cell was opposite a mosque yet it is a fact that there is no mosque at the prison he was in.

He also complained of no TV but after release stated "watching Wes on Love Island helped me through my prison sentence".

When there's things like that clearly showing he is making things up his other claims are going to be doubted.

To be fair, if he was on a normal wing there is a TV room he may have watch it on...but he can't be on the segregation wing and on a normal wing. Either way, there are holes in the story.

skybluetony176

There was also a copy of his request for a TV leaked. Clearly he got the TV from his own comments since (it was a tweet IIRC). Also if he was going to put a request in for anything you would have thought it was for a bed frame to go with his mattress;)

Westendlad

There was also a copy of his request for a TV leaked. Clearly he got the TV from his own comments since (it was a tweet IIRC). Also if he was going to put a request in for anything you would have thought it was for a bed frame to go with his mattress;)
HEADLINE NEWS......Tony finds bs from other sources apart from Wiki.....

Nick

Administrator
HEADLINE NEWS......Tony finds bs from other sources apart from Wiki.....
It is quite funny listening to those whos source is him. The bloke wanting donations who had multiple stories disproved about it.

I don't agree with Tony on much, I'd back back his source though.

Westendlad

People across the politcal spectrum are opposed to him, not just 'lefties'.
Sick boy.......I respect you and your views but when some gobshite starts giving it the big one when there is no truth in what they are stating.....It pisses me off.....Folk on here are like sheep. A well known member says something and everyone jumps on the bandwagon just to be 'liked' .....Grow some balls and say what you really believe. Sad times :(

Westendlad

It is quite funny listening to those whos source is him. The bloke wanting donations who had multiple stories disproved about it.

I don't agree with Tony on much, I'd back back his source though.
Nick fuck off...........You have no actual facts so shut up....Muppet

Grendel

I do though? Hence I have been very specific. As Tony has.

Why are you so desperate to believe Robinson?

I didn’t mind him when he sang 2-4-6-8 motorway to be fair

Users who are viewing this thread