Tommy Robinson Court Case (3 Viewers)

messiahrobins

Mr Robinson was in court the past two days for allegedly breaching a dispersal Order, which today the Judge threw out as being unlawful.

Mr Robinson divides opinion but thats not the point here, the concern is the judicial system as that case should never have got anywhere near court as it would have been apparent to both the CPS and defence lawyers that the Order was unlawful, and yet it proceeded to court anyway and cost the Defendant (or those financing him) tens of thousands of pounds for no reason.

Once trust in the judicial process is eroded, it is a very slippery slope for countries. How many other people will have been subject to similar but didn't have the money to go to court, for example speeding offences etc.

JAM See

Mr Robinson was in court the past two days for allegedly breaching a dispersal Order, which today the Judge threw out as being unlawful.

Mr Robinson divides opinion but thats not the point here, the concern is the judicial system as that case should never have got anywhere near court as it would have been apparent to both the CPS and defence lawyers that the Order was unlawful, and yet it proceeded to court anyway and cost the Defendant (or those financing him) tens of thousands of pounds for no reason.

Once trust in the judicial process is eroded, it is a very slippery slope for countries. How many other people will have been subject to similar but didn't have the money to go to court, for example speeding offences etc.
Is this the convicted stalker Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, or a different Tommy Robinson?

CovInEssex

The real issue here is now TR/SYL will sue for damages that the tax payer will be footing. Any one resigned yet?

messiahrobins

The real issue here is now TR/SYL will sue for damages that the tax payer will be footing. Any one resigned yet?
The officer who messed up will be 'moved' to a different job no doubt.
The Met will have to settle out of court with TR, but i bet they insist on a NDA.

messiahrobins

Someone put the wrong date on a form, he'll sue no one but morons like you will still be fleeced for his "legal" fees
The irony of calling me a moron with a laughable post like that is comedy gold.
He will not sue as the Met will give him compensation quietly, like they often do as it happens.
Problem with many on the far left is the hypocrisy. Offended by everything, ashamed by nothing, including moaning about democratic process.

wingy

The irony of calling me a moron with a laughable post like that is comedy gold.
He will not sue as the Met will give him compensation quietly, like they often do as it happens.
Problem with many on the far left is the hypocrisy. Offended by everything, ashamed by nothing, including moaning about democratic process.
I'm what would be considered on the left and had considered a case a few months ago where he was arrested after breaching some order where he'd took his daughter to a football match and I actually wondered if was a useful idiot for the govt as it was thrown out of court, where the home was being run by the useless James cleverly, it didn't even register to be newsworthy as it happened but something triggered me to question whose end it benifited?

shmmeee

I am a bit confused? Are you saying their should have been reporting restrictions on TR's case?

Well no cos I can spell there firstly.

I’m saying claiming that the judicial process is broken in a thread about the judicial process working (who decided to throw it out, a judge perhaps?) is a bit hypocritical.

Robinson and the like with their endless crowdfunders and publicity stunts and lying about the court process has done far more to harm trust in the system than a judge overruling another judge.

rob9872

I think most people agree Robinson is a bit of a twat from all areas and that his supporters are generally weird, however I do find it strange that people always correct the name to SYL, in the same way they do with Boris, as if they're ground breaking news and a crappie point score. Equally odd.

David O'Day

What was the fuck up or loophole?
The police had a legitimate reason to order a dispersal but the inspector in charge wrote the 24th instead of the 26th on the authorisation form. If he had wrote the right date the order would be legitimate.

Basically someone stressed and trying to deal with real time problems wrote a 4 instead of a 6.

Hertsccfc

Was walking through Trafalgar Square yesterday evening and there was a Tommy Robinson group supposedly celebrating St George's Day. Most unpleasant atmosphere I have ever experienced and far more threatening than any football crowd in have seen in over 50 years. And don't try to say the England flag isn't associated with racism.

I am patriotic but sometimes when you see things like this it is hard to love this country. Loads of tourists watching these goons must have had such a poor impression of what we represent in the world.

rob9872

A difference between informal and grammatically incorrect. I'm genuinely not bothered and dislike the 'grammar police', hut was supposed to be a humorous retort to your pedant of 'there' vs ''their'.

rob9872

Guess my joke attempt hasn't landed again, never as easy written as spoken :(

messiahrobins

Well no cos I can spell there firstly.

I’m saying claiming that the judicial process is broken in a thread about the judicial process working (who decided to throw it out, a judge perhaps?) is a bit hypocritical.

Robinson and the like with their endless crowdfunders and publicity stunts and lying about the court process has done far more to harm trust in the system than a judge overruling another judge.
Are you a bit dim? I reported a fact. you snowflake lefties are such hypocrites it beggars belief. You are actually trying to defend corruption...again!

djr8369

“Tommy Robinson” goes out of his way to get arrested then misrepresents court cases he is involved in, while scamming his followers for money by crowdfunding, to erode trust in the judicial system. The motivations for this activity are probably being sponsored by hostile fascist states who ultimately aim to destabilise the country for their own aims.

In summary he’s a fucking conman and traitor.

messiahrobins

It’s not corruption. It was a typo on a form.
Oh come on lol. The Officer totally lied from the outset, and as i said, the issue is how did it ever even get to court as an obvious unlawful act like that should have meant the charges were dropped, that's where the corruption is, the fact the case went to a trial when it had no prospect of success. Now, admittedly, given the type of self publicist TR is, it could be he instructed his lawyers not to get the case struck out so he could have his day in court and get the publicity, but still, the CPS lawyers should have discontinued it.

wingy

“Tommy Robinson” goes out of his way to get arrested then misrepresents court cases he is involved in, while scamming his followers for money by crowdfunding, to erode trust in the judicial system. The motivations for this activity are probably being sponsored by hostile fascist states who ultimately aim to destabilise the country for their own aims.

Like the Gov't then!

messiahrobins

How can he misrepresent a court case lol. He doesn't bring charges against himself!!
The judicial system is corrupt, has been for decades.

djr8369

Oh come on lol. The Officer totally lied from the outset, and as i said, the issue is how did it ever even get to court as an obvious unlawful act like that should have meant the charges were dropped, that's where the corruption is, the fact the case went to a trial when it had no prospect of success. Now, admittedly, given the type of self publicist TR is, it could be he instructed his lawyers not to get the case struck out so he could have his day in court and get the publicity, but still, the CPS lawyers should have discontinued it.
Read your own words, it reeks of a stupid mistake. It doesn’t make any sense. He been convicted of crime after crime and still has support. There’s no reason for anyone involved or the CPS to risk anything here carrying out a conspiracy.

messiahrobins

Read your own words, it reeks of a stupid mistake. It doesn’t make any sense. He been convicted of crime after crime and still has support. There’s no reason for anyone involved or the CPS to risk anything here carrying out a conspiracy.
It was an unlawful Order. The Met knew it. The CPS knew it. Yet they tried to proceed with a case that had no prospect of success. To be honest i do not understand what they though they were going to gain. It just is a gift to TR and his Lawfare documentary he is doing.
This thread isnt really about TR, it is about the judicial system, as i myself have seen how corrupt it is many times and there are millions of people who will have suffered, most notably speeding offences for example.

djr8369

It was an unlawful Order. The Met knew it. The CPS knew it. Yet they tried to proceed with a case that had no prospect of success. To be honest i do not understand what they though they were going to gain. It just is a gift to TR and his Lawfare documentary he is doing.
This thread isnt really about TR, it is about the judicial system, as i myself have seen how corrupt it is many times and there are millions of people who will have suffered, most notably speeding offences for example.
But that’s my point, it wouldn’t gain anything. The most likely explanation is they just haven’t checked anything properly and it’s a mistake. As you say yourself it plays into his hands.

skybluetony176

How can he misrepresent a court case lol. He doesn't bring charges against himself!!
The judicial system is corrupt, has been for decades.
The MET presented documents incorrectly (a date recorded incorrectly from what I read). The court picked that up and dismissed the case on the technicality that the paperwork wasn’t filled correctly. Where’s the corruption exactly? Seems to me that the courts acted impeccably and to the latter of the law. For there to be corruption the courts would have to have deliberately turned a blind eye to the incorrect documentation and let the trial carry on. That didn’t happen. Not sure how you’re not getting that.

The only other possible way there could have been corruption would be if the officer had deliberately recorded the incorrect date knowing the case would be dismissed by the court getting numb nuts off on a technicality.

The fact that numb nuts can’t take the win instead grifting the victim playing tells you everything you need to know about Tommy Robinson. He even has a stage name. All the clues are there that he’s little more than an act. I really feel for anyone that falls for his act, especially those that send him money.

Users who are viewing this thread