Tom Pope & Ched Evans (1 Viewer)

CODY!!!

..Two compelety different subjects, but il link them together. If for some reason we cannot keep McGoldrick, we need goals. I think we've all agreed we need goals if he goes, so...

1. Do we think we can sign Pope in January, looks like he scores for fun, but would he want to come to Cov?
  2. Ched Evans appeal is next month, lets say he gets released, would we want him and would he score even though he hasnt played in months?
I understand we could have a Marlon MKII.

Grendel

..Two compelety different subjects, but il link them together. If for some reason we cannot keep McGoldrick, we need goals. I think we've all agreed we need goals if he goes, so...

1. Do we think we can sign Pope in January, looks like he scores for fun, but would he want to come to Cov?
  2. Ched Evans appeal is next month, lets say he gets released, would we want him and would he score even though he hasnt played in months?

Pope's record looks average at best and he has a criminal record as well!

Is Evan's really due out already? No thanks.

CODY!!!

Pope's record looks average at best and he has a criminal record as well!

Is Evan's really due out already? No thanks.

Pope could do something in this league i think, hes got great awareness and seems to be a pretty cool finisher! i know its League two and we've all seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JX6Np9CP7w and know all about it. But i think he might be able to do something for us.

Ched's appeal date is next month, it could get rejected and he wouldnt be relased. Im talking hypothetically if he should get released.

Grendel

Pope could do something in this league i think, hes got great awareness and seems to be a pretty cool finisher! i know its League two and we've all seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JX6Np9CP7w and know all about it. But i think he might be able to do something for us.

Ched's appeal date is next month, it could get rejected and he wouldnt be relased. Im talking hypothetically if he should get released.

King was bad enough and Pope has form in that area as well. A convicted rapist? Never.

CODY!!!

King was bad enough and Pope has form in that area as well. A convicted rapist? Never.

Without taking the moral high ground. i agree, however, its not like we've never done it before and atleast one of them could make some form of difference if McGoldrick goes back to Notts. Its not like we can be picky about goal scorers anymore. We need as much firepower as we can get to get us out of this League. Id rather get Ched/Pope in for 1 season and get into the Championship than sit in League 1 but with our nose's clean.

That said, i would take King back!

Disorganised1

I wouldn't touch either of them with a bargepole - nor King. Are we really prepared to sacrifice all standards for a game ? Would you have Jimmy Saville in the team ?

I know the answer is yes, but I am not.

InterSkyBlues

I'd take ched Evans in a heart beat. Served his sentence, he needs to play and someone will sign him anyways. Wherever he goes he will play we'll and score goals, might as well be us. There are bloody worse offenders in the football league who have done worse, just haven't been caught yet!

fernandopartridge

Ched Evans is more than Marlon MK II, he is a convicted rapist for fuck's sake.

fernandopartridge

I'd take ched Evans in a heart beat. Served his sentence, he needs to play and someone will sign him anyways. Wherever he goes he will play we'll and score goals, might as well be us. There are bloody worse offenders in the football league who have done worse, just haven't been caught yet!

I suppose you think Jimmy Saville was just a friendly uncle.

This is like guess the manager. You don't have a clue who Mark Robins is interested in. Given that he has repeatedly shown that he knows and gets what he wants since he has been here, I reckon he will be well on the way to sorting out who will score the Goals come January.

Lets just sit back and enjoy the ride instead of trying to second guess everything.

covcity4life

i love how people seem obssesed by goal records but seem to forget they were the same people moaning about the mcgoldrick loan signing lol

Mucca Mad Boys

Why do football fans get wrapped up in morals, the players play football, that's what I'll judge them on ON the field, off the field, they're bad people.

That lady who boycotted the club until he went, how pathetic, can't be that good a CCFC fan or was plain attention seeking!

Mucca Mad Boys

Why isn't everyone against McSheffrey? He's a thief, he's robbed a career *room goes quiet*

fernandopartridge

Why do football fans get wrapped up in morals, the players play football, that's what I'll judge them on ON the field, off the field, they're bad people.

That lady who boycotted the club until he went, how pathetic, can't be that good a CCFC fan or was plain attention seeking!

You are probably a bit of a wrong un.

Sick Boy

Hahaha!! So we have anti-Hughes threads and what a disgrace Oldham and Notts County are etc etc.

Now, as well as once employing Marlon, we are looking at a convicted rapist.

skybluegod

Pope has only done well this season and is unproven so to much of a risk as we have to pay, and evan's wont get released imo on his appeal he's been found guilty already so neither.

Ndlovusio

Wouldn't touch Evans with a barge pole in less could be proven innocent....some things are more important than football.
By the way, what do you lot think of McGoldrick? Was excited when he signed on loan, is a million pound player after all, but can't help but think he's stagnated a lot

shy_tall_knight

As good a player as MK was he was very rusty when he first joined us, took a long time to get match fit, was sent off twice as I believe the chants from the oposition fans effected him. As for Ched - convicted rapists that's a new low, would rather not have this attention on the club and they don't come cheap.

Ash

Wouldn't touch Evans with a barge pole in less could be proven innocent....some things are more important than football.
By the way, what do you lot think of McGoldrick? Was excited when he signed on loan, is a million pound player after all, but can't help but think he's stagnated a lot

Are you saying that McGoldrick has stagnated since signing for us? If so then that is the most wide of the mark post I've ever read!

@richh87

Belgium played Mboyo tonight - 4 years ago he was in prison for gang rape.

Just saying.

Disorganised1

What about the brains fo fans ?

Any behaviour is forgiveable because they can score goals ?

Some people need to address their priorities.

Martin180

Just wondering what a total load of bollocks thread like this has McGoldrick linked to it ? He has been a breath of fresh air for us

pusbccfc

How about this then...

If McGoldrick was found out to be a rapist today...

Would you like to keep him?

Users who are viewing this thread