Tom Bayliss (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Seems fair. It’s interesting to see how he’d get in the team though

Agogo and Kelly likely midfield pairing
Andreu likely 10
Jones / Sterling likely right midfield

Bayliss ???
Exactly. Looks set up for his departure.

Gibbo

... the club has been criticized (unfairly imho) for not having a ready made off the shelf replacement for McNulty. They cannot be accused of that with regards Bayliss

jimmy the gonna

... the club has been criticized (unfairly imho) for not having a ready made off the shelf replacement for McNulty. They cannot be accused of that with regards Bayliss
Can be accused of short sightedness tho, will the finances looking fairly healthy, we don’t need the money so why not hold on for a season likelyhood is he will be worth more?

SkyBlueCRJ

I'll be annoyed at the club if we let Bayliss go. He's an asset that's extremely unlikely to depreciate and could potentially be worth in excess of 4-5 million in today's market if he has another good season this year. Like above posters have touched on it would be described as nothing less than short-sightedness if we let him moved on this season as there's no need for the funds.

We need to ensure that his head isn't turned and his agent won't try and push for a move.

Seamus1

I'll be annoyed at the club if we let Bayliss go. He's an asset that's extremely unlikely to depreciate and could potentially be worth in excess of 4-5 million in today's market if he has another good season this year. Like above posters have touched on it would be described as nothing less than short-sightedness if we let him moved on this season as there's no need for the funds.

We need to ensure that his head isn't turned and his agent won't try and push for a move.

Agree with this, in particular the last part. Just look at what happened with Ben Stevenson (I think Bayliss is a much better player anyway)...the club rejected the bids but his head had been turned and was pretty rubbish when playing in the following 12 months. In the end we didn’t get as much for him as we rejected 12 months previous.

It’s a very fine balancing act. Hopefully Bayliss really does have a sensible agent...and he keeps up his vitamin C intakes as we don’t want him to be coming down with ‘flu’ on the night of a match in the days before the transfer window shuts!

cooperskyblue

I think he will stay and at the kit launch event I got a much more positive vibe from Robins about Bayliss actively wanting to sign a new contract and staying than I did from Robins same answer in regards to Mcnulty.

We are under no pressure to sell and agree with previous posts .... if we were to get promoted this season to the championship - look at the prices some players go for there. £5+ million we could easily demand for him especially with his England call up etc

SkyBlueCRJ

Agree with this, in particular the last part. Just look at what happened with Ben Stevenson (I think Bayliss is a much better player anyway)...the club rejected the bids but his head had been turned and was pretty rubbish when playing in the following 12 months. In the end we didn’t get as much for him as we rejected 12 months previous.

It’s a very fine balancing act. Hopefully Bayliss really does have a sensible agent...and he keeps up his vitamin C intakes as we don’t want him to be coming down with ‘flu’ on the night of a match in the days before the transfer window shuts!

It will seriously damage the work MR and his staff has put into improving the squad this summer IMO as it just shows there's no ambition at the club. In addition to this if I were MR I'd be furious as to me it shows they aren't equipping him with the means to push on from the success of last season. It's like asking a cyclist to race in the Tour de France but then 5 minutes before the race taking away his wheels and replacing them with cement blokes. I understand every club has their price but sometimes it's not about the money.

The Stevenson scenario was a disaster IMO. He should've been sold at the time in hindsight as during the 2016-17 season he was tipped for big things but I'm sure we would've reacted in a similar manner if Bayliss was sold this season if Ben was sold during that season.

In our favour Bayliss has seen those he's come up through the ranks with (Thomas, Sambou, Stevenson) get little to no game time at senior level and has pretty much publicly stated he doesn't want to be another player become a casualty of England's shocking development system.

If his agent has a brain he should realise that if Bayliss pushes on this season and takes League One by storm he'll get him a move to a top club next summer where he'll inevitably go for more money than if he was sold this summer. That's more money in the agent's pocket so unless he doesn't like making money then my advice would be to hold out for a year.

tisza

congrats Tom but still same problem PL clubs not releasing players for the tournament. Manchester clubs & Arsenal won't and Spurs & Chelsea holding players back.

Users who are viewing this thread