Togetherness (1 Viewer)

BlueElephant

One major thing noted from Friday’s game - when the knobhead Brisley forced his head on Mcnulty and the amount of our players who came sprinting over to back him up, for me this shows a real togetherness and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a Coventry side willing to really fight for each other which is one of the most important aspects in today’s game, especially in this brute league.

Well done Robins for assembling this group and also Doyler for his obvious influence.

Roll on Wembley. PUSB.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Young Shipley at the end came over to celebrate with us fans, he went away, came back again, went away, then decided he wanted to come over again.I loved that and you just knew he wanted to jump in the crowd.
That was brilliant !

Shipleys grandad and family was sat behind us. When you see him in the video pointing out to Doyler where his grandad was. Proud grandfather.

pastythegreat

Young Shipley at the end came over to celebrate with us fans, he went away, came back again, went away, then decided he wanted to come over again.I loved that and you just knew he wanted to jump in the crowd.
That was brilliant !
At one point (I think Doyler) says "shippers, where's your family"? He then pointed them out and they all waved!
Don't the end where I was sitting as Well Ponticelli came over to somebody he knew in the crowd and game them a hug.

Sky Blue Harry H

Shipleys grandad and family was sat behind us. When you see him in the video pointing out to Doyler where his grandad was. Proud grandfather.

His Dad was on our coach (he'll be upset if you've picked him out as his Grandad) and was just in front of us. Shipley facetimed him on our coach and his old man went down the coach so everyone could give him a well done (whether he wanted to do or not - I think he did to be fair!) Very proud dad, especially hearing 'he's one of our own' sung at his boy!

Great_Expectations

That was brilliant !

That was a brilliant moment. Seeing a player care about the club as much as the fans is special.

To be fair, even the reaction of the rest of the players was quite emotive.

I agree with the OP, I can’t remember the last time I saw a team this together, and that extends to their relationship with the fans this season.

They all seem to care about this club and I think that will help us through next week.

It’s a special time to be a fan.

pastythegreat

Special mention to Stokes as well he seemed well well happy and JCH doing a jig to the Doyle song...great great moments
Tbf stokes always looks like he's up for a party on occasions like that! Was the same at Wembley last year. Fair play. When you think he was playing non league a couple of seasons ago and now on his 2nd trip to Wembley. (Last season as vice captain) and Biamou 1st pro season scores an overhead kick to take us to Wembley! Stuff dreams are made of!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hobo

That was brilliant !

Another young player some fans are a bit hard on. Has some nice touches and aware of what is available in front of him. Not that far behind Bayliss in my opinion. Not everything he tries comes off (which some fans seem to jump on). But at least you can see what he is trying to do and most of it clever. Not as shy in the challenge as some make out either. I think Bayliss and Shipley are a good contrast to the holding skills of Doyle and Kelly. We do need Grimmer and Stokes to help by getting forward on the flanks though. I think you can see players have started to get used to their roles now.

skybluesam66

i think even the way those out of favour and even the loanees - such togetherness
Everyone celebrating together
Amazing - lets not blow it now - this team could go places

ccfcrob

At one point (I think Doyler) says "shippers, where's your family"? He then pointed them out and they all waved!
Don't the end where I was sitting as Well Ponticelli came over to somebody he knew in the crowd and game them a hug.
That was Chris Camwell, he was in front of us for the game down by the corner flag. At the end he was on his mates shoulders going mental, that's when Ponti spotted him.

shmmeee

This is why the academy matters. To have that love for the club in the dressing room must be infectious.

Made up for his family, must be an amazing moment.

higgs

Was Davies thrown into the water by grimmer and sparky? On sparkys Twitter page it looks cold!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread