Todays games Sat 25/9 (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Watching reading v M'Boro. Early on, but can see Reading winning. Think we caught them at the right time and with new signings and Joao to come back they will turn a lot of teams over, despite the disappointment of any potential points deduction. Similarly it will be interesting to watch other games unfold with points already in the bag for us. Hoping Luton draw at Bournemouth but both sides have a few injuries and a few red cards !!

Liquid Gold

Are we good or is the Championship just pants this year?

Both these teams look like they couldn't care less.

Bugsy

Personally I think it's Abit of both, we are better and improved massively but other championship teams seemed to not have our passion or desire and think it corresponds towards the fans doing our part this season to be fair....PUSB

Tommo1993

Seen a few comments here and there after last night, ‘it was only Peterborough’, so on.

Come on, if people had watched Bournemouth stick 3 past P’boro they’d be saying how brilliant Bournemouth are. The lack of deserved credit, even by a small number of our fans is a shame.

robbiethemole

Seen a few comments here and there after last night, ‘it was only Peterborough’, so on.

Come on, if people had watched Bournemouth stick 3 past P’boro they’d be saying how brilliant Bournemouth are. The lack of deserved credit, even by a small number of our fans is a shame.
Too many negative feckers even after a great game and win. Some of them would argue with themselves in a locked room. Thank feck it’s only a few

Sky Blue Harry H

I went on the Birmingham forum and one of their fans was in attendance (in one of the boxes) and saying we were unreal, played much better football than Blues and wasn't looking forward to coming here in November! In the thread a few of their fans giving us [praise and commenting on the decent turnout re: crowd.

Sky Blue Harry H

I tell you what. I see 3 or 4 obstacles to automatic promotion but I don't see a lot to be worried about in terms of top 6

That doesn't mean we will do it but damn....we could.

That's how I see it - a lot of potential top 6 teams are all capable of beating each other. QPR, whose fans have bigged themselves up (and are potentially decent) have so far W3 D3 L3 and are 7 points behind already. Provided we win our fair share (without stating the obvious!) we have a decent chance of staying in the mix. Games that looked really challenging (on paper) are suddenly looking a bit less so (again, on paper!) Without listing them again, we do have a tough looking run of games Nov-December. Let's wait and see, but it's fun at the moment!!

shmmeee

I tell you what. I see 3 or 4 obstacles to automatic promotion but I don't see a lot to be worried about in terms of top 6

Fixture list looks a lot less scary that it did a month ago even.

covcity4life

Fixture list looks a lot less scary that it did a month ago even.
Tbh I didn't think it looked that scary from start I ho early didn't. Because of pandemic this does seem like most balanced season in a long long time. Fulham wba boundemouth will be favs. Stoke under o Neil was a matter of time as he seems to be a top manager. And sheff utd have had great recruitment final few weeks of window. They will come into it unfortunately I fear.

But yeah other than that I think cov could best anyone. And they could best the teams I mentioned too. Obviously we can lose them too. Like Harry says let's wait and see

Londonccfcfan

Yeah been saying it even before season. Places 5th and 6th are there for the taking.

Evo1883

Bizarre red card for boro keepers a disgrace holding his face when nothing touched his face

Tommo1993

We play with flair away from home but I still think there’s maybe a small bit of confidence missing. We learned big time last season, definitely more streetwise.

Happy_Martian

Been around the leagues fan forums and a common message is that we're in a false position. We've only played one top club (strangely Barnsley think it's 2) and that one, we lost 2-0 to QPR.

Personally, I think the quality gap between the top and bottom, apart from the Premiership yo-yo clubs, has shrunk to the point that anyone can now beat anyone. We have improved on last year ( we actually have a regular goalscorer now ;) ) but we can still only play against the team in front of us. Bad teams will have good days and good teams will have awful ones.

Happy_Martian

Hopefully will get overturned. Should ban the keeper. Warnock will burst a few more blood vessels. Not good for his health.

Keeper should have walked after he also got a yellow for time wasting. But how McNair stayed on for the elbow to Hoillet's nose baffles me. If McNair had kept his arm straight, you could say it was for balance or a trailing arm. When the elbow is bent, it's not doing anything but hurting someone.

Sky Blue Harry H

Keeper should have walked after he also got a yellow for time wasting. But how McNair stayed on for the elbow to Hoillet's nose baffles me. If McNair had kept his arm straight, you could say it was for balance or a trailing arm. When the elbow is bent, it's not doing anything but hurting someone.

Agreed - I still can't understand the rule where a yellow can't subsequently be changed to a red. That Lansbury is lining up for Luton today having had a free swipe at that Swansea player last week (should me missing this game and ours as a result) That said, I don't really rate him. On a side note, Ostigard on the bench for Stoke today (Osti will be squaring up to Michael O'Neill if that carries on !)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Been around the leagues fan forums and a common message is that we're in a false position. We've only played one top club (strangely Barnsley think it's 2) and that one, we lost 2-0 to QPR.

Personally, I think the quality gap between the top and bottom, apart from the Premiership yo-yo clubs, has shrunk to the point that anyone can now beat anyone. We have improved on last year ( we actually have a regular goalscorer now ;) ) but we can still only play against the team in front of us. Bad teams will have good days and good teams will have awful ones.

When playing the better teams, it will suit our style, ie an open game with both teams attacking.

Terry Gibson's perm

Agreed - I still can't understand the rule where a yellow can't subsequently be changed to a red. That Lansbury is lining up for Luton today having had a free swipe at that Swansea player last week (should me missing this game and ours as a result) That said, I don't really rate him. On a side note, Ostigard on the bench for Stoke today (Osti will be squaring up to Michael O'Neill if that carries on !)

I saw nothing wrong in what Lansbury did the guy kicked the ball away to waste time, as a team that breaks at pace we would be annoyed if a player stopped a quick free kick.

Happy_Martian

Bournemouth 2 up against Luton after 30 mins. Luton look poor.

Happy_Martian

Luton pulled one back against Bournemouth, now 2-1 Cherries.

Users who are viewing this thread