To those who think that Juke should go for 3 mil... (1 Viewer)

mexico88

Reading some alarming posts about peoples thoughts on selling Juke.

I don't know if you guys know this, but some of you are buying into SISU's dirty PR tricks.

Things like "We should take 3mil and pay some bills and re-invest 1mil" are very short sighted indeed.

Ponder gentlemen:

• We sell a player for 3 mil, bring in one for say, £300,000 - what calibre is he going to be? (Cody Mcdonald?)
  • If 1mil (Jukes reported purchase price) gets you say 7 goals thus far - then what does £300,000 buy you?
  • A £300,000 player takes how long to addapt? (You only have to look at Juke - how poor he was as scoring prior to 'finding his way'
  • £300,000 i would 'assume' is an average value of any league 1 player that can hold his own
  • If we have a team of £300,000 players (and I don't think some of our team are even worth that) then aren't we just an 'average' team in league 1 when we arrive? - how does an average team get out of that league? Any Ideas?
  • What players have we brought in around the last 12 months, that have gone from being average (£300,000'ers) to great? (£3mil'ers) - doesn't that suggest that the infastructure has been stripped - and that the £300,000 are likely to remain dead wood in a doomed side?

Seriously guys - go back 12 mths ago, and I would have been doing my nut if we weren't considering a sale of juke for anything over 1mil - to get our money back on a player that, lets face it, hasn't been prolific for a striker. I'd of expected a lot more goals for 1mil - wouldn't you?

But now... now is the wrong time to let him go - like Andy said - I don't know how we'll recover from it.

This is a sell it and scarper move - make no bones about it.

The way I see it is

1) We let it go on and a few more 'bits' will get sold before the inevitable exit or...

2) We stand up to this and FORCE SISU to play the hand early.

They will only play the hand early if things have taken a turn for the unexpected - i.e nothing sold from the club shop, no home tickets purchased for say 4 weeks. We have to do something that hurts the pockets of them now - regardless of how it makes the players feel - they should know we're doing it to help the long term interests of the club.

It has to be financial - no walk out's or silences But more importantly...

It has to be together.

Otis

Understand all you are saying. Don't think it's short sighted though. We are desperate for money and are all but certain for relegation anyway, Juke or no Juke.

CUS Wyken

There’s 2 ways at looking at it.

3 million would be a good deal if it was re-invested into 2 players ready for next season.

But i feel it will go the way of SISU’s back pockets and we see 250k or something that.

pusbccfc

Well said.

Brinner and co, are you planning to stop at Sisu Hq saturday?

mexico88

There’s 2 ways at looking at it.

3 million would be a good deal if it was re-invested into 2 players ready for next season.

But i feel it will go the way of SISU’s back pockets and we see 250k or something that.

Agreed, but the later will be true - and that is as I say... pointless (In both sense of the meaning)

PVA

Jutkiewicz was bought for around £300k... which kind of ruins your whole thread I'm afraid!

ccfcway

As was Scott Dann, Danny Fox, Kieran Westwood, Richard Keogh

There are some bargains out there...

Sell Juke for 3 million, buy Le Fondres for 500k and pocket the rest..

Now, obviously that isnt gonna happen now, but that wouldnt have been the end of the world

torchomatic

Ha! Exactly what I was thinking. As for McDonald. For God's sake give the guy a break. He's hardly played and that's not his fault, it's ATs. He's never going to score if he's sat on the bench game after game.

Jutkiewicz was bought for around £300k... which kind of ruins your whole thread I'm afraid!

mexico88

I don't think your very bright, you should read the post again - or go to smart classes. Oh, and your rude. :p

- its not about the price paid for Juke - its about recent purchases and stability. You could read it again, or If you want I could put some pictures in it for you.

gary_ccfcforever

It's not a good deal regardless of what we are offered for him. Because Ccfc won't see a penny. That's the bottom line. Why do people still believe money will be re- invested?? It's going to Sisu.

stupot07

Ha! Exactly what I was thinking. As for McDonald. For God's sake give the guy a break. He's hardly played and that's not his fault, it's ATs. He's never going to score if he's sat on the bench game after game.

I'm prepared to give Cody a break but the guy has played 9.45 hours of football for us including 7 starts, and offers nothing to the general play, and when your at the bottom and struggling you can't afford to carry any players, and unfortunately we're having to carry too many.

torchomatic

yeah and as some one astutely pointed out Juke was pretty woeful for a while too. We need to change things. Juke and McSheff or Juke and Platt ain't working.

I'm prepared to give Cody a break but the guy has played 9.45 hours of football for us including 7 starts, and offers nothing to the general play, and when your at the bottom and struggling you can't afford to carry any players, and unfortunately we're having to carry too many.

mexico88

Now, obviously that isnt gonna happen now, but that wouldnt have been the end of the world

Look, I'm agreeing with you about players for £300,000k but they need time to adapt and coaching to tidy them up and make them something special.

We don't have either at the moment.

And if you guys think selling him off is going to help the 'football club' then you are playing right into their hands on how they want you to think. We'll get someone that no one else wants as part of the deal.

"We'll give you £3mil for him, but you have to take Mr example as part of the deal" - which is what I'm led to believe is happening anyway.

If we had any brains in the back room - we too would have said - "OK, 3Mil - but you have to take David bell or Freddie Eastwood as part of the deal" to free up wages

A bargain is only a benefit to the person offering the highest bid. Otherwise they are only bargains to someone else.

Grendel

To consider selling players given the clubs desparate plight shows lack of interest from the Board regarding the clubs league status. So from that basis it is never a good deal. He is establishing himself in the league, his value will increase..and he was never as poor as McDonald has been in his first seven games, he looks a dud.

Otis

Well that is the sensible way of playing it. Just good bloody common sense. Sell him, pocket the vast majority but leave some to strengthen the squad. I know people say Sisu don't care what division we are in but I don't think that is strictly true. Clubs are going to pay more for good players coming through from a Championship side than they are from a good player coming through from a League One or Two side.

There is more money to be had in the Championship. We were to go on a good run in the Championship and the attendances would be higher than they would be if it were a run in League One.

If we were in League One and Juke was a desirable asset would a team be offering 3 million? No. The offer is high because he is proving himself at this level.

stupot07

yeah and as some one astutely pointed out Juke was pretty woeful for a while too. We need to change things. Juke and McSheff or Juke and Platt ain't working.

Juke and platt is our best partnership - they played well on sat and last night, and anyway after thursday there won't be a juke plus 1 partnership.

AFCCOVENTRY

Reading the papers it seems we are ready to take £1m for Juke! Lol

So Juke, Clinigan, Wood and Cranie will all be gone soon.

Thank you sisu for getting rid of our rubbish players. Let's give Eastwood a 5 year contract extension for being overweight while we are at it Tango Can...

Juke and Platt is working ok, but do you know what I'd be excited to see? Platt and Cody. Platt has been winning everything, if Cody can get his timing in right (like he did last season) then it could be goals galore.

Otis

Agree. Would like to see a Platt/McDonald combination. Big target man to knock down to a nippy striker.

Agree. Would like to see a Platt/McDonald combination. Big target man to knock down to a nippy striker.

Mcdonald hasn't set the world on fire yet, but I think it's because he hasn't had the match time. He needs time to settle in at this level and he's not been given it imho.

Until he starts performing. Lets be fair, we know the boy can do it (he managed it last season) and we haven't exactly been banging the goals in recently. I think if he was played every match for the next 10-15 he would be top scorer.

stupot07

yeah and as some one astutely pointed out Juke was pretty woeful for a while too. .

Juke wasn't woeful when he first came, he just struggled to score from open play. His all round team play and work ethic was very good, only those who know nothing about football would have labelled him woeful.

torchomatic

Ok then. McDonald is just struggling to score from open play too. I thought he's done alright when I've seen him play. He was back defending with him team mates and getting stuck in. We know he can do it with the goals he got last season.

I'm certainly not going to judge him on seven games or whatever. He's needs a good run in the side.

And anyway, we might not have too much of a choice soon.

Juke wasn't woeful when he first came, he just struggled to score from open play. His all round team play and work ethic was very good, only those who know nothing about football would have labelled him woeful.

Ok then. McDonald is just struggling to score from open play too. I thought he's done alright when I've seen him play. He was back defending with him team mates and getting stuck in. We know he can do it with the goals he got last season.

I'm certainly not going to judge him on seven games or whatever. He's needs a good run in the side.

And anyway, we might not have too much of a choice soon.

Personally if we are forced to field Platt and Mcdonald I think it could be one of the best things to happen to us this season. Platt to get 10 Mcdonald to get 15 by the end of the year (minimum)

stupot07

Until he starts performing. Lets be fair, we know the boy can do it (he managed it last season) and we haven't exactly been banging the goals in recently. I think if he was played every match for the next 10-15 he would be top scorer.

It makes me laugh, people write off baker as league one player and rod as not good enough, ditto eastwood, but because Cody scored 20+ goals in league two we think he can do it here.

I hope he does and if juke does leave tomorrow then we will see the Cody platt partnership.

The big issue attacking wise is that Sheff is shite and the other 3 midfielders show no willingness to get forward. We get crosses in and there's literally 1 or 2 people in the box, Southampton and west ham had 4 or 5 men making runs into the box.

stupot07

Personally if we are forced to field Platt and Mcdonald I think it could be one of the best things to happen to us this season. Platt to get 10 Mcdonald to get 15 by the end of the year (minimum)

Platt averages less than 1 in 5 over his career, I'm not sure he's ever scored 10 in a whole season before, and your expecting Cody to outscore king?

I think Clingan needs to tell the boys to get forwards. He is the experienced Captain that should be directing them in my opinion. Also we read all the time that Bigirimana like all the fancy moves in training, why doesn't he use them on the pitch? It's obvious to everyone that he is not fully utilising his talents, what's holding him back?

torchomatic

Yeah, I think they'd work well together. I just want McDonald to get a game full stop.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It makes me laugh, people write off baker as league one player and rod as not good enough, ditto eastwood, but because Cody scored 20+ goals in league two we think he can do it here.

I hope he does and if juke does leave tomorrow then we will see the Cody platt partnership.

The big issue attacking wise is that Sheff is shite and the other 3 midfielders show no willingness to get forward. We get crosses in and there's literally 1 or 2 people in the box, Southampton and west ham had 4 or 5 men making runs into the box.

I dont think it is unwilling on the part of Bigi & Thomas ..... i reckon they have been told to hold position first and foremost. They are not encouraged to go forward and get beyond. That is how the first team are coached, and has been a problem for seasons. Our midfield does not contribute enough to attacking play and goals - but I think the way they are set up and told to play is a big reason for that.

It is also hard for a young player to come in and take risks going forward, they dont have the confidence and experience to stand up against being lambasted by senior players when caught out. Also to some degree the AT comments blaming youngsters does inhibit their play, they dont want to make mistakes and let him down, the cost is they take less risks.

Above all I think it is how we set up to play that is the problem at the club - there is not enough positive about it

ccfctommy

His last game Thorn played him on the bloody wing.

Otis

People saying Juke will go and no replacement will come in?

Well, maybe not .......

Sunderland block Coventry City approach for striker
Nov 23 2011Add a comment Recommend

inShare
SUNDERLAND boss Steve Bruce has turned down a Coventry City approach for young striker Ryan Noble, according to reports.

The Sky Blues and Derby County are both believed to have expressed an interest in the 20-year-old frontman - along with another three Championship clubs.

However the Journal Live reports that Bruce has rebuffed interest in the youngster with the Black Cats facing an injury crisis amongst their strikers.

Bruce said: “He was a (phenomenon) when I walked in the door. He had scored 40-odd goals in the youth team and he is one to watch, but he picked up a horrible back injury and that was his first 90 minutes in a year so we have an outstanding player there – but we hope he can stay injury free.”

It is understood that Sunderland may be willing to loan Noble out in January - if their injuries to first team forwards clear up.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ch-for-striker-92746-29827322/?#ixzz1eWwrRVCM

stupot07

His last game Thorn played him on the bloody wing.

No he started him upfront but had to change the formation after 15 mins to go 5 across the midfield to try to and stop Southampton playing, as they were dominating us in midfield.

He rightly left juke up on his own as he can hold the up and put himself about. I suppose he could have took Cody off and replaced him with bell when he switched formation?

Users who are viewing this thread