To Next Season (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

I do fear for us next season unless the takeover happens, as there will be three very competitive teams coming down form the championship from tenth down http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Add to that Gillingham and Port Vale coming up from league 2 who will fancy themselves at this level

And Preston with Simon Grayson who knows how to get a team out of League 1 and Stevenage under Westley who will no doubt be a pain

Plus three out of the top six who will be pushing for the play offs again

We need financial backing, to refresh the team and get rid of the dead wood (Macca and the like). People having a go at Pressley is idiotic at this point, the season has gone and you can't learn a philosophy overnight.

If the takeover doesn't happen we could be in League 1 for a very long time

stupot07

Don't be silly we have the best squad in the league, you wait until the teams around get injuries, our superior squad will shine through.....

ajsccfc

A lot of the time, clubs who are relegated don't stay as competitive as their status ought to suggest.

Bugsy

ajsccfc

Wolves and Blackburn a division up too, I was expecting them to at least be up there near the end but they've both gone mad.

WillieStanley

cov_badge2.jpg

Ignore all other factors, we wear this on our kits. That is the reason we will beat all other teams. Despite who leaves in the summer, who we sign. Despite who the manager is and who owns us. Despite where we play and who comes to watch us. We won a major trophy once, you know.

Last edited:

Bugsy

cov_badge2.jpg

Ignore all other factors, we wear this on our kits. That is the reason we will beat all other teams. Despite who leaves in the summer, who we sign. Despite who the manager is and who owns us. Despite where we play and who comes to watch us. We won a major trphy once, you know.

Best club crest in the world..... :)

ajsccfc

Never noticed the bird on the left, all set to kick the giant ball into the fire which will pop it and take out the elephant. Troublemaker.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think the players are looking to next season now! Nothing to play for, but games still to play

Players seem to think it acceptable to just turn up, and not perform for the paying fans.

Too much like the end of last season where they just gave up!

WillieStanley

Think the players are looking to next season now! Nothing to play for, but games still to play

Players seem to think it acceptable to just turn up, and not perform for the paying fans.

There's nothing to play for except pride, yet they don't appear to be playing for that either. I think their reworked bonuses were based on achievement. There's no chance of that now so they've kissed that money goodbye and given up. Its such a shame and the complete opposite of the Premiership years.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There's nothing to play for except pride, yet they don't appear to be playing for that either. I think their reworked bonuses were based on achievement. There's no chance of that now so they've kissed that money goodbye and given up. Its such a shame and the complete opposite of the Premiership years.

Wasnt Fishers salary dependant on the teams performance / success too? Or was that Waggott? Either way one of them aren't getting paid much if there was any truth in it

stupot07

New contracts? A move to a better club? To stake a claim in the first 11 next season? Pride?

WillieStanley

Wasnt Fishers salary dependant on the teams performance / success too? Or was that Waggott? Either way one of them aren't getting paid much if there was any truth in it

I think he said at a forum that if we dont go up, he doesn't get paid. About as flippant and genuine as Ian Duncan Smith believing he can survive on £53 per week.

Grendel

I don't have any confidence in Pressley so far, I can't see us getting promoted under him from what I have seen so far.

Truth is though its the squad. The team today looked similar to that put out early season.

Robins had no injury crises the team picked itself.

Pressley has had to dig into the squad. The squad is dire.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Truth is though its the squad. The team today looked similar to that put out early season.

Robins had no injury crises the team picked itself.

Pressley has had to dig into the squad. The squad is dire.

Agreed, I don't want to criticise too much as the injuries and situation haven't helped but I just haven't liked what I have seen on the pitch or heard from the manager so far.

Users who are viewing this thread