To cheer everyone up (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

I'll just leave this here . feel free to add your memories / captions -
C37ImOqXUAAz0-o.jpg

Bob Latchford

Those stripes are showing one or two paunches.
I'd wager the picture was taken prior to pre season training proper.

Ha yes noticed that myself and 2 killers too .

Bob Latchford

Adge

Ha good lookalike.
Can't recall him.
Didn't he have a couple of decent hits.
It's so easy.
Moon River.
Yep it's Andy Williams. Played only a few games I think. Pickering piled on the timber over the summer!

wingy

Ha good lookalike.
Can't recall him.
It's so easy.
Moon River.
How did I forget.
Can't get used to losing ........................................................................ you.
The Impossible dream.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Ha good lookalike.
Can't recall him.
It's so easy.
Moon River.
Yeah I recall A/W more a squad player. Ian painter hit the bar for Stoke v us at the old Stoke ground. [Victoria Ground if memory serves right] had he scored , that'd have been our first relegation from Division 1 .

Bob Latchford

We were a proper team then.

Managers, players and fans united.

And our HR.

Far Gosford street boozers.

I'm welling up here!

The spirit in the team compared to the season before was simply amazing . not the greatest of players but , the greatest team spirit .

Bob Latchford

Ranjit Bhurpa

Yeah I recall A/W more a squad player. Ian painter hit the bar for Stoke v us at the old Stoke ground. [Victoria Ground if memory serves right] had he scored , that'd have been our first relegation from Division 1 .
Was at the Victoria Ground, think it was a Friday night. Awful game and I recall it was 2 penalties in the last 5 minutes or so. As you say Painter missed theirs and we scored ours. Otherwise it was goodnight Vienna. Victoria Ground was a right old shithole.

Bob Latchford

Was at the Victoria Ground, think it was a Friday night. Awful game and I recall it was 2 penalties in the last 5 minutes or so. As you say Painter missed theirs and we scored ours. Otherwise it was goodnight Vienna. Victoria Ground was a right old shithole.
Yeah pearce scored ours .

Bob Latchford

Glad you remembered Bob because I couldn't. Hired a Ford Sierra to get me to Stoke and sat on a manky wooden seat in the Boothen Street Stand but can't remember our goalscorer.....advanced senility is here

To be fair ,i have reason to remember . I was 18 at the time and just returned to England. was on my own in the away end along with 1000's of city fans. we score and some beardy geezer plants a kiss on the side of my face. still haunts me to this day. :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread