To beer or not to beer, that is the question (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I normally wait until after the game before drinking. If I travel for a game often have a beer before KO. But if there are massive queues I can't be arsed and will wait until later.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Confirmation of the drinking restrictions -

'No-street-drinking zone

Since 2022 Brent Council, and its partners, have enforced a no-street-drinking zone on Olympic Way and the surrounding area for ALL events at Wembley Stadium. This is part of the current Public Space Order Protection (PSPO) in place around the stadium on event days. More information on the order can be found here.

As part of the PSPO, shops and off-licences around Wembley Stadium are also banned from selling alcohol on match days.

Fans caught drinking on Olympic Way and the surrounding streets ahead of the Carabao Cup final will be asked to hand over their alcohol and enforcement action may be considered.

Supporters wanting alcohol before the game should head for the licensed bars or restaurants in the area or make their way to the dedicated fan zones outside the stadium.'

GaryJones

I’m driving down in the morning but will consume copious amounts of Red-Bull etc throughout just to make sure I’m wide-awake & wired for the day ahead!
I really can’t wait for this and am determined to remember every minute of it - come on!!!! Victory is ours for the taking!!!

Joy Division

Always nice to have one or two before the game, though can easily go without and have done for most of this season. And I have to say it's for the better, feel the enjoyment of the game much more and can focus, and most importantly can remember the whole day afterwards.

I've just never got the urge to go for a beer at half time, whats the point in queueing up for that long to only neck an overpriced shit beer in 2 minutes.

Garlana86

You may have to change your plans, there is a no drinking zone for outside .They have also warned off licences not to sell alcholl before the game.
Ah what!? I think we were at the park with thousands of other fans last time, were a few shops over the road so was easy access. Has it changed there as well?

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree with all the comments about the half time drinking (never really understood that bit, given the potential missing second half ko time)

torchomatic

Same. And I can't drink anyway. On too many tablets at the moment.

The doctor also gave me some medication too.

Same here, Otis. I've been basically teetotal since the late 80s. Was always rubbish at it anyway. I couldn't drink now even if I wanted to as I'm on a fistful of tablets every day thanks to the brush with leukaemia a few years back.

rob9872

Same here, Otis. I've been basically teetotal since the late 80s. Was always rubbish at it anyway. I couldn't drink now even if I wanted to as I'm on a fistful of tablets every day thanks to the brush with leukaemia a few years back.
Forgot about that. Assume all still hopefully good with you.

Gynnsthetonic

I will have a few before around Baker St otherwise I'll be a bag of nerves. Wanna enjoy the night celebrating though so won't be going mad before

torchomatic

Forgot about that. Assume all still hopefully good with you.

Yeah, all good now, Rob. Been six years, so anything over five is deemed a cure. Still on loads of tablets, regular trips to see consultant at Heartlands, but all good.

letsallsingtogether

I dont drink at games infact drink very little.
But as we are the Box Park I might have a couple this Saturday to calm the nerves.
One minute I believe we will win the next not do sure, taking ages for the game to come round.
seems like we qualifyed weeks ago.

PUSB

rob9872

Yeah, all good now, Rob. Been six years, so anything over five is deemed a cure. Still on loads of tablets, regular trips to see consultant at Heartlands, but all good.
Great news. Can't believe it's been that long, although I'm sure you can 👍

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If I drink I'll spend half the game pissing or sleeping.
Meme Choose GIF by G2 Esports

Aaron Abrams Parenting GIF by Children Ruin Everything

Johnnythespider

I will definitely have a few, but I pace myself so as not to be too inebriated to enjoy the game, besides we always score when I head to the toilets, so I'll keep my legs crossed until we really need a goal on Saturday and then bingo.

Covkid1968#

I’m on it as soon as I’m off the coach. Will grab one at HT and then a few when back in Cov. Wife doesn’t expect me back till late Sunday heavily hungover and clutching some flowers

Attachments

• D8826B14-60EC-4F30-A02E-D87890A09810.jpeg
    D8826B14-60EC-4F30-A02E-D87890A09810.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 21

better days

There are quite a few inexpensive restaurants in Wembley Park
I usually go to one when at Wembley including the two times we were there in recent years
You don't drink so much when eating - and of course they all have toilets to use prior to the short walk to the turnstiles

alexccfc99

I’ll have a couple on the train down and before the match but I won’t be getting slaughtered, someone by me at the Brum game the other week was that pissed he was unresponsive and threw up - Never understood why people pay money for a ticket to get so drunk they don’t remember it

KersleyDigs

I will probably arrive at midday, have lunch and around 4 pints pre-match, after we win; I will do the same afterwards...

Users who are viewing this thread