To anyone who was at the Nuneaton game (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

good,
because of about 20 players playing i'll just say who played well:
Cyrus
Jordan + Leon clarke
Garner
moussa
fleck and barton played some great passes but weren't outstanding
finch did well for his debut
no one played bad really, nuneaton just ran out of steam towards the end

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It was your typical 'first pre season game' I'd say. No one done the,selves any harm. Our fitness looked good, and shown well against a tiring Nuneaton team.

Ratings wise, I always think its difficulty to put numbers against players in pre season. Lets leave that for the competitive games (unless anyone really wants them. And if they do, I hope someone else will post their ratings ;) )

RFC

Just your average warm-up game really but played in stifling heat.
Nuneaton were set-up well and worked tremendously hard but some quality and superior fitness from the Sky Blues told in the end.
Plenty of pluses and positives, although it's very early days as still 4 weeks to go! PUSB

Found it difficult to figure out who was who apart from the usual suspects. Unfortunately the programme didn't put numbers against players names.

Some of the youngers looked promising particularly the lad (no 7) playing alongside Jordan Clarke at centre back. However against more formidable opponents we need more height and physicality at the back in my opinion.

skybluegod

Found it difficult to figure out who was who apart from the usual suspects. Unfortunately the programme didn't put numbers against players names.

Some of the youngers looked promising particularly the lad (no 7) playing alongside Jordan Clarke at centre back. However against more formidable opponents we need more height and physicality at the back in my opinion.

Programme couldn't put numbers to names because shirts were handed out at random.

No7. Was baker, finch was number 5 I think yes agree he was decent. Doubt he will play a part this season though unless we don't sign the cb's in time for season

LJC_CCFC

We controlled the game after the first five minutes, all in all a tidy performance with good ball retention which is how Pressely wants to us to play. However Nuneaton were poor and so I wouldn't read much into the result or performance, saying that everyone in Sky Blue played well especially the academy boys

mark82

good,
because of about 20 players playing i'll just say who played well:
Cyrus
Jordan + Leon clarke
Garner
moussa
fleck and barton played some great passes but weren't outstanding
finch did well for his debut
no one played bad really, nuneaton just ran out of steam towards the end

This could be Garner's year if he has another good pre-season. Shame no-one will be there to see it.

Buster

First half started poorly ,Bakers howler set up their goal and after losing possession a few times did the usual sublime through ball for Wilson to run on to and score . Our fitness told towards the end of the half and it ended with us firmly in control .
Second half Nuneaton never had a look in Christie on the right ,Thomas in the centre Clarke up front were head and shoulders above anyone on display all afternoon . I can't believe someone has mentioned Connors input , he controlled the midfield , pushing balls left and right at will, mind you with christie banging down the right side it does open the field up. Leon didn't have that much to do (only score 2goals) but when he was on the ball he was solid and no one was going to take the ball off him.
Much better performance than the previous 2 years.
The young lad with the ginger hair (sorry I can't remember his name) that turned out for us last year did well.

DazzleTommyDazzle

First half started poorly ,Bakers howler set up their goal and after losing possession a few times did the usual sublime through ball for Wilson to run on to and score . Our fitness told towards the end of the half and it ended with us firmly in control .
Second half Nuneaton never had a look in Christie on the right ,Thomas in the centre Clarke up front were head and shoulders above anyone on display all afternoon . I can't believe someone has mentioned Connors input , he controlled the midfield , pushing balls left and right at will, mind you with christie banging down the right side it does open the field up. Leon didn't have that much to do (only score 2goals) but when he was on the ball he was solid and no one was going to take the ball off him.
Much better performance than the previous 2 years.
The young lad with the ginger hair (sorry I can't remember his name) that turned out for us last year did well.

I'd agree with all of that.

After a dodgy start, we controlled possession in the first half without very often looking threatening.

Second half was much better. Possibly partly down to Nuneaton tiring in the heat, but also much more direct play by City.

Thomas was excellent and controlled the midfield from the moment he came on. Clarke looked like a "grown up" playing in youth football.

Of the others, I was really impressed with Garner. He continually found space between their midfield and defence, with Thomas playing the ball to him.

Overall - better than I expected.

skybluejelly

Was definitely noticeable that Leon Clarke was a man among the boys ..the youngsters are willing but seem to be to easily knocked off the ball..Christie had a good game put some good balls in..and as has been said Connor Thomas played well...

In the first half took murphy to shout at the defence ..that we were playing in f..ing yellow and to pass to our own players....also Presley was constantly shouting instructions to lobjoit in the second half..

R

RB1992

Out of interest did we use last seasons kit? With City Link on it? Or was it sponsorless?

Users who are viewing this thread