To all you 'newbies' - a big welcome (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

How long before we see Otis and a few other crew members?

skyblu3sk

I'm sure some of them will stay loyal to GMK and keep hitting the refresh button Otis has probably worn out his F5 button by now;)

Sky Blue M

Otis is a very goo poster. I would like Dunne to come accross as well!! Although you wont see him in the Coventry talk section often!

skyblu3sk

Otis would certainly keep you busy on here I'm sure his job is posting on forums! Dunney I hadn't read too much off recently unless he was posting in-between the site being down

Fat Boy

hello my first day on the forum, feel a bit like its my first day at school. Joined because i am feed up hearing other people's views on the Prem league, wanted to chat about proper footy

fellatio_Martinez

Not sure they will ever pull the plug though will probably keep it limping along as long as possible until the traffic gets so low it will cope

It seems like an easy fix, just get a new server. I think whoever set up the site (Moz?) might have jumped ship and now no one knows what they're doing. Ahh well, all good things come to an end. :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
It seems like an easy fix, just get a new server. I think whoever set up the site (Moz?) might have jumped ship and now no one knows what they're doing. Ahh well, all good things come to an end. :rolleyes:

At the minute it is using hosting with a company called 1 & 1 with it being based in Germany and it is the Tesco Value of web hosting. It will be on a server with a fair few other sites I think which is why it can't handle it.

The forum software is bespoke which is good in the way that it is unique but bad in the fact that only 1 person knows how it works in the world so when there are issues, you are screwed. The good thing about having popular forum software is that it is constantly updated and there are hundreds of addons to install when needed :)

Dinyull

Didn't Smiles/Knowl say they share the server with the Sheff Wed and Hull board's so it soon all add's up.

Think they'll get it sorted but they're taking the piss with the time it's taking and their view of if you don't like it lump it. The traffic on there for the last year has been poor and I doubt they'll ever get back to the 'good ol days'.

skyblu3sk

I'm sure if we are honest it has been slow ever since we took on the new look if not before. I suppose if you can only afford Tesco value its what you eat... but it does sound like Moz has done one which you can't really blame as he didn't support cov

singers_pore

Didn't Smiles/Knowl say they share the server with the Sheff Wed and Hull board's so it soon all add's up.

Think they'll get it sorted but they're taking the piss with the time it's taking and their view of if you don't like it lump it. The traffic on there for the last year has been poor and I doubt they'll ever get back to the 'good ol days'.

Indeed, and many people are lumping it as can be seen by the traffic on here over the past week or so.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure if we are honest it has been slow ever since we took on the new look if not before. I suppose if you can only afford Tesco value its what you eat... but it does sound like Moz has done one which you can't really blame as he didn't support cov

I think Moz helped out off his own back and fair play but I think he also had a full time job and sorting out custom software isn't something that can be done quickly or easily.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is on the same as Hull's. Hull Independant or something along those lines!

Nobody wanted to invest anything and wanted everything for free which doesn't work.

rob9872

I never used GMK and was always on the IC Coventry Telegraph site. I had morphed there from LAST which also disappeared and now I'm here. I'm obviously a bit of a jinx so I hope that you don't suffer the same fate or you'll all blame me :)

skyblu3sk

I never used GMK and was always on the IC Coventry Telegraph site. I had morphed there from LAST which also disappeared and now I'm here. I'm obviously a bit of a jinx so I hope that you don't suffer the same fate or you'll all blame me :)

Did you ever look at GMK? if so we can blame you for that one too...

rob9872

Did you ever look at GMK? if so we can blame you for that one too...

I think I popped in occasionally when a link was posted on the other forum - so guilty as charged your honour :)

rob9872

I'm looking for the crying emoticon but can't find it. One day and I'm being bullied Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread