To all the jocks on here (1 Viewer)

Otis

Eating some tablet as we speak
chewing eating GIF

Calista

In the days when the forward line was defined as 5 players (right and left wing, inside right and left, and centre forward) I recall a bit of fuss being made about this all-Scottish lineup. Ernie Hannigan, Ian Gibson, Neil Martin, Gerry Baker and Willie Carr. Wow, there was some talent in that formation.

1701349926427.png

Alkhen

The ultimate Scottish Cov XI :)
Goram
Telfer Holton Gillespie McDonald
Gallacher Carr Speedie Hutchison
Wallace Stein

Probably someone obvious I've missed out apart from McAllister, but I can't shoehorn him in ahead of some of my all time favourites in that midfield.

You missed out Stuart Urquhart and Josh Reid

AOM

The ultimate Scottish Cov XI :)
Goram
Telfer Holton Gillespie McDonald
Gallacher Carr Speedie Hutchison
Wallace Stein

Probably someone obvious I've missed out apart from McAllister, but I can't shoehorn him in ahead of some of my all time favourites in that midfield.

John Fleck?
Hasn't Liam Kelly also got a cap for Scotland?

Greggs

Rather offensive title to the thread. Surprised it hasn't kicked off on here, or is it just the word 'lazy' that gets attention?

nicksar

Dammit, that's the most obvious omission. I go back a long way but not as far as Ian Gibson so couldn't include him. Was he really better than Carr, Speedie and McAllister?
As a young boy he was easily my favourite player,and the hero of the West end for sure...the other three you mention were all terrific players as well.

Users who are viewing this thread