TM to be signed by weekend?? (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

If it means he is getting even more out of it for playing side I can cope... for now.

CovisGod

All sounds as though it's going through though, regardless of it taking a couple of extra days I'm just glad it looks like we've finally turned a corner as a club.

I genuinely feel the most excited I've been for a long time

hill83

I'd rather it wasn't rushed into. I'm fully prepared for the 'shock' of it taking another week if necessary.

Otis

Is anyone surprised that this is dragging out and taking longer than expected?

Not at all. It's a Sisu contract. There will be quite a few clauses in it.

It will be ....

'If you break your contract we will sue you.'

'If you show interest in another job we will sue you.'

'If you take sides with the council we will sue you.'

'If you say tomato and we say tomato,we will sue you.'

'If you wear white ankle socks with sandals we will sue you.'

'If you dress to the left we will sue you.'

'If you read the Daily Mirror on a Tuesday whilst wearing a cravat and smoking a pipe, we will sue you.'

'If you put brown sauce on your hotdog instead of ketchup we will sue you.'

Probably be 156 pages of that.

I think there may be more going on in the background than we are being led to believe. Firstly, Mowbray could get a better deal and a better wage at many other clubs and he is sure to have been sounded out by potential suitors over the last few weeks. Why is he taking the job? I have a sneaky feeling that there may be some investment coming in and thats why he’s staying around. I hope so.

covcity4life

It will be ....

'If you read the Daily Mirror on a Tuesday whilst wearing a cravat and smoking a pipe, we will sue you.'

council lover

Samo

Logistical? Does nobody have skype or fax? Jesus.

Hobo

When is TM due to retire? Not trying to put the pressure on or rush things, but SISU's due diligence wasn't this long zzzzzzz

zuni

It will be ....

thats was brilliant...loved the tomato line ....lol, quality

Paxman II

I think there may be more going on in the background than we are being led to believe. Firstly, Mowbray could get a better deal and a better wage at many other clubs and he is sure to have been sounded out by potential suitors over the last few weeks. Why is he taking the job? I have a sneaky feeling that there may be some investment coming in and thats why he’s staying around. I hope so.

I don't think there are plenty of suitors out there chasing TM. Tbf if there was he would be gone. There are plenty of managers out there unemployed including some good ones! The fact is he is a good one at this level, perhaps had he not been out the game a while he may have been classed as too good for this level. However we are a potentially 'bigger' club with some way to go and a journey just waiting to happen back to the promised land. TM can see that potential. What he obviously wants is a deal that won't scupper those chances and control over the clubs positioning within reason to achieve those goals. he does not want SISU causing all sorts of trouble for example like in the past with moves to Sixfields and the like. Those assurances will be vital I suggest if we get him we are staying at the Ricoh for some time. The size of budget will also be a factor and I'm sure he will compromise on this but will be adamant on what's required to give it a full crack of the whip in achieving promotion. he wants to structure the football club from the 'playing' perspective without the interference of political wrangles ever getting in the way of that which has been a problem of the past. lets face it SISU need to go upwards and onwards while they remain here and not remain in this league any longer than necessary. they know it and they are clearly realising they need someone of TM's quality to get it done. What I like about TM is he is willing to put himself on the line for it. It's better long term than being at a 'lessor' club that will never garner support on the scale Coventry can. No we are not 'Big' but we are 'bigger' than many and we could get to that promised land and sustain European football unlike many. It's a big IF and a long journey.

fellatio_Martinez

Sisu are waiting for the crescent moon to appear. Then they will get Mowbray to sign in pig's blood while Ray Ranson performs a sex act on a goat. This may seem strange but it is Sisu company policy. Apparently.....

Samo

Looking more and more unlikely.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that if there'd been a fundamental problem between TM and SISU we'd have heard much earlier.

Hopefully it's just the details that are all that's holding things up now.

Skyblueweeman

Another weekend to think things over or consider other offers!

I don't get this other offers lark...clubs will have known that he was only tied to CCFC for xx amount of games. Do you seriously think they'd wait until he was ready to put pen to paper with us before approaching him?

LB87ccfc

The way people are going on on here, its like its life or death, I cannot wait to bump up all these threads if he has a shit period and everyone is slating him.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

We pulled out all the stops to get Tony.but,we couldn't match his ambition etc, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread