Tm hints at the truth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Captain Dart

Chipfat

At least he was aiming Nick, Sisu are just spraying on a hope and prayer that something sticks. Its like having a plant that has shown life of some attractive flowers, only to know the roots are fucked and we are in reality watching it die.

But carry on the one man crusade hoping for some new fertilizer and a cure for the terminal disease the plant has, prune it, water it, blame it on the ground, mate its still dying and its still in the wrong hands.

Nick

Administrator
At least he was aiming Nick, Sisu are just spraying on a hope and prayer that something sticks. Its like having a plant that has shown life of some attractive flowers, only to know the roots are fucked and we are in reality watching it die.

But carry on the one man crusade hoping for some new fertilizer and a cure for the terminal disease the plant has, prune it, water it, blame it on the ground, mate its still dying and its still in the wrong hands.

It isn't a one man crusade is it? He might have been aiming and fantastic if it paid off, but he had no plan B.

Who knows, he could have put together a solid, physical league 1 team with the odd Jodi Jones to bring some flair.

If we are a league 1 team, sadly we need a decent league 1 manager who can grind results out whether it is long ball, kicking the shit out of people or something like that. Of course, I'd love a billionaire to come in and own us but maybe I am just being realistic?

Chipfat

Realistic, is understanding after 18 directors, 15 managers and multiple coaches over 8 years it doesn't matter what you change in these roles. The puppet master will still play her game and control all.

Managers have plans, coaches have plans even some of the directors have plans, no backing of anyones plan is worth fucking nothing. 8 years of reality is already in my thinking and outcome of what is going to happen.

Last edited:

blueflint

I'd say common sense would say it isn't the lowest in the league, wouldn't it?

Let's not all pretend TM hasn't fucked up, he has openly admitted he has fucked up with things like bringing players in. Again, a very strange thing to do if it was because of budget.
not the highest either tho nick

Nick

Administrator
not the highest either tho nick

I have never claimed it is the highest or even hinted at it. What point are you trying to get at?

Fans are boycotting, refusing to give money to the club and then wonder why it isn't the highest budget?

blueflint

I have never claimed it is the highest or even hinted at it. What point are you trying to get at?

Fans are boycotting, refusing to give money to the club and then wonder why it isn't the highest budget?
im boycotting still from northampton love the club hate the owners won't go until they have bud

chickentikkamasala

It is hardly a burnout is it? Mowbray has just said again what I am saying, even after he has gone.

Still, even after he has gone he is still going out of his way to make himself and Venus look inept when he doesn't need to then?

Shooting high is great, but you need a backup. Other teams who weren't shooting so high then probably got the best players in our range.

Fair play to him, he has been brutally honest and you can't do anything but respect him for that.

I like his honesty too Nick...

'They have to invest in footballers at some stage'
Mowbray praised the young core of the Sky Blues side, but was clearly frustrated by a lack of investment on the pitch and told the press after the draw with the Wombles: “At this club it is a long term thing and they have to invest in footballers at some stage that they believe in and then try to keep them."

'You can't build a club on loans'
Whether this was a dig on his own recruitment policy or the resources made available to him, we don't know, but Mowbray told the BBC after the draw with AFC Wimbledon that you cannot "build a club" using loan players.

He said: "We knew what the budget was but we didn't get our targets. You can't build a club off loans. They have to invest in footballers they can keep and build on."

Of course that is the managers fault, nothing to do with playing budget.

Nick

Administrator
Well it depends on the players and how much they want them to invest, it is easy for any league 1 manager to moan because they can't fill the squad with championship players isn't it?

I'd love to fill our squad with Championship and top end league 1 players but how as a club does it get paid for? I don't personally want to borrow more money off SISU.

He is now blaming himself for not getting a defender in that can deal with teams like Wimbledon.

will am i

Yet he goes out of his way to say it wasn't noticeable when he didn't have to? Very strange. Why would he?
i think he also said you would have to ask Mark Venus which would indicate he didnt really know - he probably should have though. For once ill agree with you it was time for him to go as his style of football didnt suit the players we have and summer recruitment was a disaster which is his fault.

You seem enlightened - any idea what the SISU masterplan for the team is and how they will achieve it and whether they are bothered if we are relegated or not? If they spoke to the local press maybe we would have a clue the petty bastards. Relegation may suit them as it gives another excuse for cost cutting which you will of course fully support all the way to the National League.

ccfcway

It isn't a one man crusade is it?

Seems it.

MV job to identify players within the budget and go and get them. SISU job to improve the budget by increasing revenues by securing a ground, 365 income. TM job to get those players to be competitive.

TM failed and has gone. He has shouldered all of the blame and has walked.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

“The investment is what it is and I knew what the budget was. I knew what it was and last year we had a good go with it. Our loans came up trumps for us with Adam Armstrong, Ryan Kent and Jacob Murphy.

Was it right to shoot for big players who are now proving they can do it in the league above?

We didn’t get them for lots of different reasons. Some went to the Championship, didn’t want to drop to League One. Some decided for geographical reasons that they wanted to be nearer home, some went for more money but that’s part of the game."

Whilst honourable in his departure, that pretty much shows by his own admission that he fucked up.

As I keep saying, we all hate SISU, but Mowbray has to shoulder a lot of the blame for why we are currently bottom of the league.

Grendel

I do believe TM hands were tied in a lot more areas then we think, a good friends son plays for a local kids team (I know, I know....) that a member of ccfc support staff (daily contact with players and TM in a professional manner)plays for, said that last season certain loan players had a "must play" clause in their contracts if they were fit. So that effected team selection and that when Reda was injured toward the end of the season, he was actually fit to play but if the club kept him classed as unfit, the insurance would pay his wages and not the club.

Now this was second hand info but I wouldn't say it's too far out there not to have some truth!

I can't think of any loan players - other than Armstrong - who were always in the team.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can't think of any loan players - other than Armstrong - who were always in the team.

Murphy.

When he went on his awful run of about 10 games where he was terrible, he was seemingly undroppable. It was strange because you'd have other players having good games, but would get dropped the week afterwards.

I think it was mostly down to poor player selection, but I do remember thinking at the time that there might be a minutes clause attached.

afan4life

So a player went to a team in the league above?

Surely the fact they are very good players means that they will always be going to clubs above our level, where the wages are bigger?

I don't buy that as an excuse, it just makes it more obvious he is looking at the wrong players and had no backup plan.
Smug Sisu loving c**t

Nick

Administrator
There's no hope for you Nick.
Unfortunately you always back the owners whatever.
You just say I hate Sisu BUT then come out with the same shit.
How is it backing them?

I point something out, I get hammered because of this and that and then Mowbray admits it.

People can't see past sisu. All of this Mowbray is the best manager in the league stuff, it's just the same as thorn where he was a martyr.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

thats not a reason to not try for better tho is it

Of course not but you also have to be able to adapt to changing circumstances. The second half of last season and the summer transfer activity show Mowbray couldn't manage that. JOB, Fleck and Vincelot were allowed to go with just one replacement, O'Brien effectively forced out when Maddison and Murphy were going down the pan.

There were some baffling moments and it is like Pressley such is his refusal to admit a mistake.

afan4life

How is it backing them?

I point something out, I get hammered because of this and that and then Mowbray admits it.

People can't see past sisu. All of this Mowbray is the best manager in the league stuff, it's just the same as thorn where he was a martyr.
Can't see passed Sisu... I rest my case!
Pity they don't have as much to say themselves as you and your cronies on here.. They treat fans with complete distane

Nick

Administrator
Can't see passed Sisu... I rest my case!
Pity they don't have as much to say themselves as you and your cronies on here.. They treat fans with complete distane
Rest your case how? Are they using odd tactics? You haven't proven anything.

It's like the angry man who blamed then for Murphy missing a penalty last season, it's madness.

Seaside-Skyblue

Lets be honest even Alex Ferguson would end up with the same fate 18 months down the line. Or any manager on earth in my opinion. Its not like we've been bringing in unheard of managers. They are generally personnel whom have achieved something elsewhere. It doesn't add up that they come here and not only struggle but fail spectacularly. How many years can we go on. Mowbrays recruitment has been poor and he's now gone. So next who appointed Mowbray. Who appointed the next person up? Why isn't the man appointing managers getting sacked? The problem is there appears to be no accountability or responsibility above the managers level and that's exactly why in 18 months time we will be here once again.

afan4life

Is there anyone on here that thinks Mowbray s lack of transfer activity might be because he had little or no funds or is that just me?

Nick

Administrator
Is there anyone on here that thinks Mowbray s lack of transfer activity might be because he had little or no funds or is that just me?

OR he could have aimed too high and the gamble failed. I guess he is getting paid by SISU or something to lie though isn't he?

Otis

Of course not but you also have to be able to adapt to changing circumstances. The second half of last season and the summer transfer activity show Mowbray couldn't manage that. JOB, Fleck and Vincelot were allowed to go with just one replacement, O'Brien effectively forced out when Maddison and Murphy were going down the pan.

There were some baffling moments and it is like Pressley such is his refusal to admit a mistake.
And you have to ask yourself, is Turnbull any better than Martin? Think the obvious answer to that is no.

Seems like TM made a mistake with the big Finnish centre back too.

Users who are viewing this thread