TM frustrations yesterday (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I was literally just behind the dugout yesterday. I was listening to TM's conversations on the bench, hands often raised to his head and a shake of the head! At times coming off the bench shouting at the players. The game plan was clearly not being executed correctly and he was telling players to get in position. He was making clear what he wanted. When some players like Murphy lost possession he was chastising in his criticism or should I say his body language was one of frustration. Even Oggy did some touchline shouting. Time and again frustration was showing on TM who knew as I did we had this game in the bag and should have put it well beyond reach.
In the end a win is a win and he quickly departed down the tunnel leaving the coaching staff to do most of the congratulating. I felt at the end with the back slaps and self congratulations he, the staff and players were all relieved and had a sense of "about bloody time - now onwards and upwards." It was written all over their faces tbh.
The brilliant loud support was so evident on TM who just wanted to get the win for those supporters. Don't get me wrong the players overall did well, even if the game plan was not followed to the letter, we got away with it but we will need to be better still and that winning mantra should help lift everyone.

Shout out to the away fans. From where I was sitting it was loud and emphatic. If I was a player I'd want to fight for those supporters.

RegTheDonk

Pax, thanks for the insight. Think there was a thread recently about how players have difficulty adapting to different systems. My opinion is, they're professionals, once told they should know what to do - seems this isn't the case.

Appreciate that if things aren't going well, you need to adapt, so they need to listen to any changes he makes. But if TM is getting his hair off because they're not following the training script, or maybe aren't listening or can't understand - you have to feel sorry for the manager when they get the boot

Bob Latchford

Did TM look like this at times ? 1971635931a3578678562b115287487l.jpg

Hobo

Pax, thanks for the insight. Think there was a thread recently about how players have difficulty adapting to different systems. My opinion is, they're professionals, once told they should know what to do - seems this isn't the case.

Appreciate that if things aren't going well, you need to adapt, so they need to listen to any changes he makes. But if TM is getting his hair off because they're not following the training script, or maybe aren't listening or can't understand - you have to feel sorry for the manager when they get the boot

Professionals or apprentices? Players at Man United Man City Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal seem to be struggling to adapt to different systems this season...Fans are naive at times...managers have a difficult task.

Otis

Managers are always frustrated and always getting annoyed with players not quite doing what they are told.

Watch pretty much any game on Sky.

Users who are viewing this thread