Time to turn around the home form (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

The time is here, the players have to stand up and be counted now.

A draw is not great today but not a disaster either, if we lose the next two games to Colchester and Oldham we will be in disaster territory. We're capable or turning around the home form but now is the time we need to do it.

We need to win one of the next two games.

The fans also need to be stand up and be counted, I urge everyone who can to get up there for the last three games. I also plead with the club to close the Higgs stand for the last 3 games to help generate a winning atmosphere, fuck the moaners this is more important.

covey1987

Totally agree time for people to get off their arses and get behind the team. Would hope we could get enough not to shut the higgs stand but can't see that happening so I think that's a good call to try to get the atmosphere built up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Totally agree time for people to get off their arses and get behind the team. Would hope we could get enough not to shut the higgs stand but can't see that happening so I think that's a good call to try to get the atmosphere built up.
The club need to take the initiative here, get 10-12k packed in one stand. Lots of noise and chanting and properly get behind the team.

ccfc92

The club need to take the initiative here, get 10-12k packed in one stand. Lots of noise and chanting and properly get behind the team.

Bit like Sheff UTD and Preston in JPT, much better atmosphere

Otis

I would say only sell tickets for the Tesco Stand and nowhere else. Leave the North Stand empty and don't sell anymore for the Main Stand.

Gazolba

I'm not sure it will make any difference who we have in the stands, the players on the pitch are just incapable of anything worth cheering about.

Macca

2 home games and 2 wins else frankly they should be in Division 4. I feel there is a bit of false concern going around at the moment to try and create some excitement from yet another nothing season

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The players need to give the fans something to get them going and build up the atmosphere. If they do the supporters, all 8,000 of them, will get behind the team. It's not a chicken and egg scenario, it has to come from the team first when playing at home. Away it's different.

westofrayne

Just close it, if people want to moan then just let them.

I'm not sure if your issue is with the Nth stand or the people in it. Yes we need to get behind the team, but why would the team be inspired playing towards an end completely empty or covered in black netting. Yes more people need to attend but where are the additional 0000's going to come from for the next few games. The club tried offers and there was very little if any interest

Col U won't bring many on Sat, so I can see a very low attendance, but on the positive side, it will be mainly city supporters.

There is no short term fix, for next season, the club has to go on a massive aggressive marketing campaign to woo supporters to the games.

johnwillomagic

I reckon with kids for a quid, the magnitude of the game and the fact that I disagree with poster above and Colchester will travel in numbers
given the run they are on it will be a decent attendance 12,000 plus minimum.

stupot07

I reckon with kids for a quid, the magnitude of the game and the fact that I disagree with poster above and Colchester will travel in numbers
given the run they are on it will be a decent attendance 12,000 plus minimum.

Would be very dosappoiting if there's less than 12k. There's usually 3 of us, but I'm taking an extra 6 with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluelee

Agree, it was a ridiculous decision to re-open the north stand just to accommodate about 20 season ticket holders.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yes more people need to attend but where are the additional 0000's going to come from for the next few games. The club tried offers and there was very little if any interest

Col U won't bring many on Sat, so I can see a very low attendance, but on the positive side, it will be mainly city supporters.

There is no short term fix, for next season, the club has to go on a massive aggressive marketing campaign to woo supporters to the games.

Wholeheartedly agree. The last few matches have been woefully attended, despite the overdue sacking of Pressley and the upturn in away form. Can't see anything above 8,000 for the next match. People are not convinced and have been kicked in the teeth for far too long. There are probably 4000 deliberately staying away right now and nothing to on the horizon to tempt them back.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Agree, it was a ridiculous decision to re-open the north stand just to accommodate about 20 season ticket holders.

I am a season ticket in the North stand and I always bugger off into the East Stand. Wouldn't bother me if it was shut. :D

oscillatewildly

The players need to give the fans something to get them going and build up the atmosphere. If they do the supporters, all 8,000 of them, will get behind the team. It's not a chicken and egg scenario, it has to come from the team first when playing at home. Away it's different.
You're right ADM, it isn't a chicken/egg scenario. Are you really implying as supporters of this club we go along for entertainment value?!
We've all meandered off the path occasionally/frequently over the last ten years, and yes, inserting hot needles into your own eyes instead of dragging your butt along to watch their f(l)ailings has often held more appeal.
If we genuinely want to play a part in avoiding yet another relegation then I think as many of us as poss need to remove those needles and get up there for the remainder of the home fixtures and make a bit of a racket for the best part of 90 minutes.
We're talking professional footballers here - not the brightest creatures to grace the planet, sometimes they manage to skip to a beat.
So in this scenario, if we care, yes it is up to us to motivate the other party.
Entertainment? Isn't that something to do with a Sky sports package?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not sure if your issue is with the Nth stand or the people in it. Yes we need to get behind the team, but why would the team be inspired playing towards an end completely empty or covered in black netting. Yes more people need to attend but where are the additional 0000's going to come from for the next few games. The club tried offers and there was very little if any interest

Hardly anyone there now in the north stand, so makes no difference in that respect.

Difference will be to try to compact everyone up towards the score board in the East Stand.

Last edited:

Godiva

Don't expect an easy win against Colchester. We can't seem to buy a win at the Ricoh and Colchester have found new life with 3 win and a draw in their last 4. If we can get a draw that would mean they have one less game to overtake us. Oldham next have nothing to play for - but we still need to score to win.

I am starting to wonder if the new manager effect has worn off by now. It's said to last for 6 games, so ....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You're right ADM, it isn't a chicken/egg scenario. Are you really implying as supporters of this club we go along for entertainment value?!
We've all meandered off the path occasionally/frequently over the last ten years, and yes, inserting hot needles into your own eyes instead of dragging your butt along to watch their f(l)ailings has often held more appeal.
If we genuinely want to play a part in avoiding yet another relegation then I think as many of us as poss need to remove those needles and get up there for the remainder of the home fixtures and make a bit of a racket for the best part of 90 minutes.
We're talking professional footballers here - not the brightest creatures to grace the planet, sometimes they manage to skip to a beat.
So in this scenario, if we care, yes it is up to us to motivate the other party.
Entertainment? Isn't that something to do with a Sky sports package?

It may not be pretty, skilful nor great quality but supporters will always back someone who runs themselves into the ground. .......so I've been told !

westofrayne

The club need to do anything they can to try and get an edge in the last 3 games, I'd close it.

if you believe that creating an atmosphere will get the team winning then why not take a lesson from the 70's when HR was not so full.

Assuming nothing strange happen, team would kick towards Kop (East Stand for the younger supporters) in 1st half, then West End in the 2nd.

Therefore a number of the louder supporters went into the Kop in the 1st half and walked round to the West End for the 2nd half (I used to do this in the late 70's before the seats went it), therefore the team were always kicking towards noisy fans. This can happen now there is nothing stopping people going from Nth or East Stand (higher blk numbers) to Block 15/16 in first half and at half time the whole of block 15/16 upsticks to Nth Stand.

You don't need to be in close proximity to the away fans to generate an atmosphere in the 70/80 & 90's opposition fans used to always be at opposite ends of the ground, there was always an atmosphere then. Try it for a game and see how things work out.

Closing a complete stand and having the team playing toward an empty stand when we need a goal or two, wouldn't fill me with enthusiasm.

westofrayne

It may not be pretty, skilful nor great quality but supporters will always back someone who runs themselves into the ground. .......so I've been told !

I agree, look in the past, fans have always admired players that put 100% in each and every game no matter what their skill level (with the proviso that they still play in their given position and not wander all over the pitch blaming everybody - who that could be?).

If our team gave 100% we would not be in the position we are in, sadly to many of them are not playing for anything other than money, a number of these players will look back next season wondering why they are without a club or in L2.

it's quite simple put in a shift and people will get behind you, don't and people will turn.

J

Jack Griffin

if you believe that creating an atmosphere will get the team winning then why not take a lesson from the 70's when HR was not so full.

Assuming nothing strange happen, team would kick towards Kop (East Stand for the younger supporters) in 1st half, then West End in the 2nd.

Therefore a number of the louder supporters went into the Kop in the 1st half and walked round to the West End for the 2nd half (I used to do this in the late 70's before the seats went it), therefore the team were always kicking towards noisy fans. This can happen now there is nothing stopping people going from Nth or East Stand (higher blk numbers) to Block 15/16 in first half and at half time the whole of block 15/16 upsticks to Nth Stand.

You don't need to be in close proximity to the away fans to generate an atmosphere in the 70/80 & 90's opposition fans used to always be at opposite ends of the ground, there was always an atmosphere then. Try it for a game and see how things work out.

Closing a complete stand and having the team playing toward an empty stand when we need a goal or two, wouldn't fill me with enthusiasm.

Yay, give everyone a seat in each stand when there are low crowds so they can move as they wish.

torchomatic

I've been in my same seat in the North Stand for ten years since we moved there but would move for the last three games if asked to. We did choose new seats for the Gillingham game as we were told the North was closing, then we moved back for the Y game after they changed their minds. No moaning from us.

However, we need to fill the place rather than closing sections off. Really, for the amount of people who "have supported CCFC all my life" that come on here and CWR when they couldn't get a ticket for Chelsea, etc we should need to close stands down.

westofrayne

I've been in my same seat in the North Stand for ten years since we moved there but would move for the last three games if asked to. We did choose new seats for the Gillingham game as we were told the North was closing, then we moved back for the Y game after they changed their minds. No moaning from us.

However, we need to fill the place rather than closing sections off. Really, for the amount of people who "have supported CCFC all my life" that come on here and CWR when they couldn't get a ticket for Chelsea, etc we should need to close stands down.

Exactly, bums on seat rather than closing vast areas of the stadium.

My local team, Braintree (Conference), were live on BT Sport the other week, instead of charging people, they just opened the gates and advertised (Now there's any idea for the club) that the game was free to all, no moaning from existing ST holders (think they were glad of the company TBH). goodish crowd turned out that night (for Braintree standards).

Now if we really wanted to fill the stadium, mass ticket give away might help, but as the club have used all the offers for the season. this can't happen and even if it did the "have supported CCFC all my life" fans would still not attend.

There is a real downer towards the club from most people I know, this has been going on for years, it's going to take a lot of effort and marketing from the club to get people back through the turnstiles

SkyBlue_Bear83

We won't fill the seats though, and its unrealistic to think we will.

Obviously the long term ambition should be to increase attendances rather than closing stands but I'm talking between now and the end of the season

ccfcway

Even if was possible, (which i dont think it is)....I'm not even sure packing the place would help....

· 31,407 Coventry 0–2 Chelsea (FA Cup quarter-final – 7 March 2009)
· 31,054 Coventry 0–3 Crewe Alexandra (Johnstone's Paint Trophy area-final – 5 Feb 2013)
· 28,184 Coventry 2–3 Leeds United (Championship – 6 November 2010)
· 28,163 Coventry 0–5 West Bromwich Albion (FA Cup fifth round – 16 February 2008)
· 28,120 Coventry 1–1 Middlesbrough (FA Cup fourth round – 28 January 2006)
· 27,992 Coventry 1–1 Wolverhampton Wanderers (Championship – 26 April 2008)
· 27,306 Coventry 1–0 Gillingham (League One – 5 September 2014)

torchomatic

Obviously, there's no guarantee but it would certainly help. Apart from the Gillingham game the atmosphere has been shocking.

Even if was possible, (which i dont think it is)....I'm not even sure packing the place would help....

· 31,054 Coventry 0–3 Crewe Alexandra (Johnstone's Paint Trophy area-final – 5 Feb 2013)
· 28,163 Coventry 0–5 West Bromwich Albion (FA Cup fifth round – 16 February 2008)

Johhny Blue

You missed 51,455 Vs Wolves April 29th 1967. We won that one.

Users who are viewing this thread