Time to Organise, Blackburn Style, Or Die (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Time has come to organise and protest as publically as possible, maybe at the next televised home fixture, (when is that?} the Blackburn way. It is obvious SISU are very sensitive to anti-SISU publicity. Now this MP has opened the can of worms and attracted national press interest I think SISU are starting to wobble. I see our permo tanned chairman Mr Deliu attended yesterdays match, coincidence ?
A couple of large organised, and highly puiblicised marches from a couple of rondavue points, ie the old Highfield Road site for example to the Ricoh and maybe another from the otherside of town, perhaps the Wallace or Convoy public houses to coincide.

BUT do our fans care enough ? thats my worry. Can you imagime what would be happening on Merseyside , Geordy land or Leeds if what we are witnessing was occurring up there ?

SISU Captol will not like their name besmurched over the nationals for definite

valiant15

A lot of cov fans cant be arsed,they would rather sit on there hands and do nothing.If this crap was happening to the likes of pool,everton etc there would be uproar.Even the vile would do something.

Astute

Interesting.

Everton sold players but were not able to buy anyone. All proceeds went to paying off debts. They will be doing the same for the forseable future. We spent more than them this season :eek:

jas365

There were 2 massive home made banners at Ewood yesterday - one saying Kean out, the other saying Tevez out. I trust both sets of fans obtained their fire certificate......

@richh87

A lot of cov fans cant be arsed,they would rather sit on there hands and do nothing.If this crap was happening to the likes of pool,everton etc there would be uproar.Even the vile would do something.

This is the sad truth.

Our fans are used to struggle and just accept it. Most clubs' fans would go mental; not ours.

Marty

What I don't understand is why there hasn't been any sort of protest for the last couple of games. It just sort of faded away. I don't agree with them anyway so it's doesn't bother me in the slightest.

cornoccfc

What I don't understand is why there hasn't been any sort of protest for the last couple of games. It just sort of faded away. I don't agree with them anyway so it's doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As others have said, too many cannot be bothered.

The Watford protests for example, very low in numbers compared to how many said they'd be going over various message boards etc.

Momentum with protests has been lost and I don't see it coming back in all honesty.

Quite right though that fans of other clubs wouldn't be so accepting.

valiant15

My point exactly,see the comment above.Yes everton have got rid of a few players,but they still have a very good squad of players,they play in the top flight of english football.Coventry are shite.

Macca

marches are an excellent idea so long as they aren't hijacked by morons who embarrass us on national tv by getting facts wrong etc

les_miserables

If it doesn't bother you in the slightest, why bother yourself replying ?

les_miserables

Apathy will always be there, but remember that protest against Strachan at that Everton game, it just happened almost out of the blue and that's what will happen again, fans take so much shite and then bang something snowballs

Marty

If it doesn't bother you in the slightest, why bother yourself replying ?

I am commenting as i don't understand your motive, You're going to look like a bunch of fickle people now, things were going ok on the pitch - no protest, start to wrong, now calling for the protest to start up again. It makes no sense, if you want change then you should be protesting no matter what the result or how the performance is. Until Hoffman is serious about buying the club and willing to stump up the asking price then nothing will change. Sisu will sell to the first serious offer, for them now it's just recouping as much of the losses as possible.

les_miserables

I am commenting as i don't understand your motive, You're going to look like a bunch of fickle people now, things were going ok on the pitch - no protest, start to wrong, now calling for the protest to start up again. It makes no sense, if you want change then you should be protesting no matter what the result or how the performance is. Until Hoffman is serious about buying the club and willing to stump up the asking price then nothing will change. Sisu will sell to the first serious offer, for them now it's just recouping as much of the losses as possible.
How can SISU sell they don't f##king own it !!!

valiant15

What is the asking price? I personally think we should sing sisu out for 90 minutes every game.I know at the moment there isnt anybody willing to buy the club,but it doesnt mean we have to sit there like dummies for 90 minutes and do nothing.They hate the whole sisu out thing,look how the shits have responded to it.Going up the ricoh is a joke,its as if sisu/board see us fans as an inconvienience.:blue:

les_miserables

According to the Guardian article, SISU Capital manage the investments and at the moment Dominic Collins MP, who i'm sure wasn't prompted (wink wink) is struggling to find out who if anyone owns the football club outright. Nobody admits to owning it, if thats the case who can sell it ? and it probably tells us why Hoffman offered a quid, i would guess to take over the investments.

Marty

According to the Guardian article, SISU Capital manage the investments and at the moment Dominic Collins MP, who i'm sure wasn't prompted (wink wink) is struggling to find out who if anyone owns the football club outright. Nobody admits to owning it, if thats the case who can sell it ? and it probably tells us why Hoffman offered a quid, i would guess to take over the investments.

If SISU are in charge of an investment fund, then they would be responable for that fund, so i would guess they are the owners, but i don't know. Still doesn't answer the question why the results on a saturday means wheather you protest or not.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Sisu are in charge. They get round the ownership rules by having no1 own more than ten percent. Im split on the SISU thing. On 1 hand they have undoubtedly reduced running costs and are protecting us from liquidation. On the other hand the lack of investment is strongly harming us. Unfortunately I imagine we're a difficult sell.

Jimthor

After Hoffman's bid went down the drain, i thought that pretty much made protesting pointless. When that was on the table we had an alternative, when it was gone, what exactly were we protesting for? But now i'm starting to get restless again. The team we have is capable of performing on it's day, and whether or not it's capable of staying up is a matter for debate. But one thing that's becoming increasingly obvious is how thin the squad is. I reckon we need patching up in multiple areas; we still need more attacking prowess, we could do with a stronger left back, and we need better cover for pretty much the entire team. We have injuries, but we should be able to have a deep enough squad that we can cope with that far better than we do. It's painfully obvious we need more players, but the funds aren't forthcoming, and seemingly aren't going to be. We're in a position where we've lost our top players and not adequately replaced them, and whether we go down or not, in the summer we're going to be in a position where more of our best players are going to be off, probably not to be replaced either. In short, SISU are not capable of providing the funding to allow this club to be competitive, and it's a downward spiral from here. The way i see it, under the current ownership and strategy, if we don't go down this year, we will next. SISU don't seem to recognise this, or the harm that relegation would do for their investment. Cutting costs to break even is all well and good, but with relegation will come falling revenue, and so will they have achieved anything at all?
The sooner SISU realise the current strategy is doomed to fail, and that they are incapable of funding a successful strategy, the better. We need someone in charge that is capable of employing a strategy that involves buying the stadium and investing in the team. Spending money to make money, rather than spending no money to save money. So if there's more protests, in my mind that's got to be the message to SISU. Your strategy is flawed and will fail: so get out before it does. Invite offers and listen to them. Jump, before you're pushed.

Astute

After Hoffman's bid went down the drain, i thought that pretty much made protesting pointless. When that was on the table we had an alternative, when it was gone, what exactly were we protesting for? But now i'm starting to get restless again. The team we have is capable of performing on it's day, and whether or not it's capable of staying up is a matter for debate. But one thing that's becoming increasingly obvious is how thin the squad is. I reckon we need patching up in multiple areas; we still need more attacking prowess, we could do with a stronger left back, and we need better cover for pretty much the entire team. We have injuries, but we should be able to have a deep enough squad that we can cope with that far better than we do. It's painfully obvious we need more players, but the funds aren't forthcoming, and seemingly aren't going to be. We're in a position where we've lost our top players and not adequately replaced them, and whether we go down or not, in the summer we're going to be in a position where more of our best players are going to be off, probably not to be replaced either. In short, SISU are not capable of providing the funding to allow this club to be competitive, and it's a downward spiral from here. The way i see it, under the current ownership and strategy, if we don't go down this year, we will next. SISU don't seem to recognise this, or the harm that relegation would do for their investment. Cutting costs to break even is all well and good, but with relegation will come falling revenue, and so will they have achieved anything at all?
The sooner SISU realise the current strategy is doomed to fail, and that they are incapable of funding a successful strategy, the better. We need someone in charge that is capable of employing a strategy that involves buying the stadium and investing in the team. Spending money to make money, rather than spending no money to save money. So if there's more protests, in my mind that's got to be the message to SISU. Your strategy is flawed and will fail: so get out before it does. Invite offers and listen to them. Jump, before you're pushed.

I agree fully, but as owners of our beloved team they can't be pushed. A good enough offer has to be forthcoming before they release the reigns. A quid and forget your many millions will not be suffice. Joint ownership has a major advantage to both sides. Who wants to be joint owners though?

Platt_The_Donkey

Time has come to organise and protest as publically as possible, maybe at the next televised home fixture, (when is that?} the Blackburn way. It is obvious SISU are very sensitive to anti-SISU publicity. Now this MP has opened the can of worms and attracted national press interest I think SISU are starting to wobble. I see our permo tanned chairman Mr Deliu attended yesterdays match, coincidence ?
A couple of large organised, and highly puiblicised marches from a couple of rondavue points, ie the old Highfield Road site for example to the Ricoh and maybe another from the otherside of town, perhaps the Wallace or Convoy public houses to coincide.

BUT do our fans care enough ? thats my worry. Can you imagime what would be happening on Merseyside , Geordy land or Leeds if what we are witnessing was occurring up there ?

SISU Captol will not like their name besmurched over the nationals for definite

cant we go back to phoning their switchboard and giving them some grief? that seemed to work better than having our blankets confiscated?

brinner

Millwall away, Tuesday 1st of November, meet at Oxford Circus at 3pm and pop round the corner to sisu hq for a proper protest.

3 of us ruffled a few feathers when we went last time, so take 50 + they would be shitting it, im gonna email the geezer at the guardian to see if he wants to pop down and Bagot from the cov telegraph is going to come down.

the more the merrier :D will post a thread about it a couple of weeks before.

Astute

Millwall away, Tuesday 1st of November, meet at Oxford Circus at 3pm and pop round the corner to sisu hq for a proper protest.

3 of us ruffled a few feathers when we went last time, so take 50 + they would be shitting it, im gonna email the geezer at the guardian to see if he wants to pop down and Bagot from the cov telegraph is going to come down.

Bloody typical. Got the day off work as it is one of my outlaws 80th birthday. That was not easy to get and now the family knows I am going to be there. Thinking of a way of getting out of it now :slap:

skyblue_rich

Let's face it, with sisu we will go down. If we can help force them out and sell to Hoffman then we have a chance. Btw hoffman is about to put in another bid for the club when his bank has bought some of lloyds for 500million. ( I said this in another post on the board discussions page)

Astute

Buying a bank with others peoples money is about making money from the start. Buying a football team is about speculating to accumulate. A totally different investment.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bloody typical. Got the day off work as it is one of my outlaws 80th birthday. That was not easy to get and now the family knows I am going to be there. Thinking of a way of getting out of it now :slap:

80..so she might kick the bucket by then? :thinking about:;)

Jimthor

I agree fully, but as owners of our beloved team they can't be pushed. A good enough offer has to be forthcoming before they release the reigns. A quid and forget your many millions will not be suffice. Joint ownership has a major advantage to both sides. Who wants to be joint owners though?

When i say "pushed", i mean more along the lines of being forced out as a result of not being able/willing to afford to run us anymore.

les_miserables

We sing from the same hymn sheet Brinner, i won't be able to make it but it will be interesting as SISU are now for warned what steps they take, they certainly hate all this anti publicity. Dominic Collins MP has to be the ally we need. He can ask the awkward questions and with his MPs hat on demand answers to a certain extent. There are some on here who seem to shy away from protest but without that does anyone think anything will change. It could be a long battle and may not come in time to save us from division 3.

les_miserables

If SISU are in charge of an investment fund, then they would be responable for that fund, so i would guess they are the owners, but i don't know. Still doesn't answer the question why the results on a saturday means wheather you protest or not.
Can you quote me where I have linked poor results with protest against SISU running my football club ?

Im thinking the forest match will have ALOT of eyes on it due to being an early "6 pointer" why not the sky blue trust or someone get a couple of thousand leaflets together with why we want sisu out as done with richardson back in the day and just have a full on protest and has to be done win lose or draw :blue::blue::blue::blue:

Marty

Can you quote me where I have linked poor results with protest against SISU running my football club ?

You haven't, but it just seems odd that the team were doing ok - no protest, team doing bad - eager to protest, yet it's the same team as it was a month ago, like i said earlier, starting and stopping the protests just seems fickle and sisu will be even less concerned due to the lack of backbone that the protesters have shown so far.

Users who are viewing this thread