Time to hit sisu and wasps where it hurts (1 Viewer)

Monty

Ultimately wasps and sisu have one thing in common they need to make money. Protests such as nopm have had an effect on ccfc but not really sisu.
To start hitting back at sisu we can all contact our insurance and pension providers and ask them whether or not our policy includes investments in sisu. If they confirm it does you can ask that they are removed from your policy. If enough of us do this investing in sisu becomes more problematic for financial institutions ultimately putting more pressure on sisu. Withdrawing support from wasps is more difficult. The only way is for people to start boycotting all events at the Ricoh so the rugby netball concerts etc a few people will not make a difference at first but organised protests against all events at the Ricoh will make it more uncomfortable for paying punters. If it isnt a pleasant experience people will go elsewhere.
Anyone who live in the ward where the Ricoh is can contact councillors and mps about the proposed hotel build complaining about it. Wasps clearly need this as part of their income generation plan. We can also all contact our councillors and mps making it clear that our votes are dependant on them helping sort out this mess.

Last edited:

Grendel

So it’s more difficult to boycott events than try and withdraw support on pension investments - ok

jackdg

I’d be amazed if pension providers and their underlying investors were making any investment in hedge funds. That isn’t the market SISU would be likely to target

Grendel

I’d be amazed if pension providers and their underlying investors were making any investment in hedge funds. That isn’t the market SISU would be likely to target

They do but small quantities

Nick

Administrator
I like the thought of targeting sisu that way rather than ccfc but not sure how it might work. If you ring up your pension fund or insurance the people on the phone wouldn't have a clue where it's going, I doubt many would know specifically the companies investing.

May have to try and get it escalated right to the top somehow.

It would be a lot harder than targeting wasps but it's on the right lines.

It really needs people from that world, investment to give a bit of advice. How do sisu get clients for example? They aren't putting an ad in the paper so is it all word of mouth?

Gint11

Ultimately wasps and sisu have one thing in common they need to make money. Protests such as nopm have had an effect on ccfc but not really sisu.
To start hitting back at sisu we can all contact our insurance and pension providers and ask them whether or not our policy includes investments in sisu. If they confirm it does you can ask that they are removed from your policy. If enough of us do this investing in sisu becomes more problematic for financial institutions ultimately putting more pressure on sisu. Withdrawing support from wasps is more difficult. The only way is for people to start boycotting all events at the Ricoh so the rugby netball concerts etc a few people will not make a difference at first but organised protests against all events at the Ricoh will make it more uncomfortable for paying punters. If it isnt a pleasant experience people will go elsewhere.
Anyone who live in the ward where the Ricoh is can contact councillors and mps about the proposed hotel build complaining about it. Wasps clearly need this as part of their income generation plan. We can also all contact our councillors and mps making it clear that our votes are dependant on them helping sort out this mess.

Ok I’m confused and therefore asking what might be a stupid question.

Why would my personal insurance and pension provider be investing in SISU?

Sky Blue Harry H

Organisations/Pension providers will have their 'cash' spread around various investments/shares etc so as to try and accrue as much money as they can to redistribute to you and me. If they just sat on it (a bit like the biblical character who buried in the ground) they would soon run out of cash and the pot would run dry (due to inflation etc). SISU (theoretically) might be a place where some of that cash may be invested.

ccfclinney

Stop parking in the official car parks A,B,C etc use the industrial estates or the local football club just down the road from the Ricoh and get some food from them!

Stop buying food and drinks inside the ground take you’re own ! If every person brought a drink at average 2 quid.. that’s around 20k a game that the catering company wouldn’t get, which I’m sure wasps would get share off.

Grendel

I’ve just looked and I have £30,000 spread across 3 hedge funds as part of my portfolio

Nick

Administrator
I’ve just looked and I have £30,000 spread across 3 hedge funds as part of my portfolio

giphy.gif

Gint11

Organisations/Pension providers will have their 'cash' spread around various investments/shares etc so as to try and accrue as much money as they can to redistribute to you and me. If they just sat on it (a bit like the biblical character who buried in the ground) they would soon run out of cash and the pot would run dry (due to inflation etc). SISU (theoretically) might be a place where some of that cash may be invested.

Ah ok, gotcha. I’ve never been arsed to know or look into

eastwoodsdustman

Stop parking in the official car parks A,B,C etc use the industrial estates or the local football club just down the road from the Ricoh and get some food from them!

Stop buying food and drinks inside the ground take you’re own ! If every person brought a drink at average 2 quid.. that’s around 20k a game that the catering company wouldn’t get, which I’m sure wasps would get share off.

I haven’t paid a penny apart from my s/t since we came back for this reason. I’d urge everyone else to do the same.

MalcSB

Its not boycotting that’s needed, it’s peaceful picketing of events at the Ricoh that’s needed. As well as opposition to planning applications. Trouble with the latter is that it is CCC who will have the decision, and we all now how that will go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread