Time to forget about sisu... (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Surely if they weren't bothered then they wouldn't try and keep up with all the City news on here. They have a differing opinion to you, just accept it and move on, free speech and all that ?!

Nick

Administrator
Surely if they weren't bothered then they wouldn't try and keep up with all the City news on here. They have a differing opinion to you, just accept it and move on, free speech and all that ?!

In which case I can reply to them without you trying to be a hero when they give it loads to me directly can't I?

I can't see that particular user trying his best to keep up with the latest CCFC news on here, can you?

skybluebeduff

tenor.gif

BackRoomRummermill

Its a real shame that again threads descend into a SISU debate. I am only now concerned with the team and getting out of L2. ( Division 4 )

It looks like we have a handy new signing and looking forward to seeing him play. I understand what the forget about SISU is, what he is saying with a push we could have some long deserved success, we cant be having any distractions and the team needs your full support and its pretty entertaining at the moment League wise, so if you enjoyed yesterday and went for the first time in a while try and get to see them , you will be glad you did.

blueflint

you haven't. You may have supported them in 1953, you don't support them now.

don't support financially at the mo who knows about future
Predictable, insert year here and say supported them since before you were born etc etc as if that proves a thing.

It's like my nan saying she went into a pub back in 1945 a few times and being outraged it gets shut down.

NICK you dumbass I was born in 1947 thats earlier than 53 stop being a moron and criticise properly
other people can read your replies I hope they check up and realise how stupid you look I never supported them before 53

Nick

Administrator
don't support financially at the mo who knows about future

NICK you dumbass I was born in 1947 thats earlier than 53 stop being a moron and criticise properly
other people can read your replies I hope they check up and realise how stupid you look I never supported them before 53

You do know that I know full well people can read my replies don't you?

I hope people check up of your post history and realise how stupid you look.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
sad isn't it that the team has a great day and it descends here in to bickering. No one here has a point to prove. Go to watch if you choose to or can but you are free to make a choice not to go if that suits you. Neither choice should be berated. Hopefully the team will reignite the passion of lost fans, and perhaps more importantly excite the younger generations hooking their allegiance. The club must tap in to that and far better than they have for years.

I think the Op is wrong. SISU already have the power, the thoughts here give them none. Few people go round with SISU at the fore front of their brain. Those going to matches are focussed on the team. Those not going are probably focussed on the myriad of other things that can be done on a Saturday afternoon or a mid week evening. Few over think SISU. If the team wins then it is CCFC at the front of peoples minds, if it loses it is the team again. Largely people are powerless and immune to SISU actions. SISU don't care and neither do a lot of fans

The only thing that truly brings fans to watch or indeed turns them away is the success or failure of the team. I don't think you can forget about the god damn awful owners that we have, nor should we, but balance that with enjoying the success of the team. The two are not mutually exclusive. Support the team but challenge the owners any way you choose

Without doubt we have lost a sizeable number of fans to other things, and there are some that make a stand by refusing to go. Equally there are those that go because they enjoy it or even make a stand to show physical support for the team. It is a matter of choice. The only thing that will convince people to go is a winning team, and that doesn't actually depend on having more money than anyone else at this level, CCFC have sufficient to compete in League 2

One thing that wont work in building the support is berating others or pointing fingers. Encourage, talk about the football and the team make people interested not riled. If they then choose to make a stand let them its their choice. If they jump on the bandwagon when the team wins then great because they are reconnecting with a club that for years cut them off. Great because that's extra money for the club, money that while we make losses goes to paying the club running expenses.

above all we have had so few days like yesterday - whether you went or not just ENJOY IT

Last edited:

ccfcchris

sad isn't it that the team has a great day and it descends here in to bickering. No one here has a point to prove. Go to watch if you choose to or can but you are free to make a choice not to go if that suits you. Neither choice should be berated. Hopefully the team will reignite the passion of lost fans, and perhaps more importantly excite the younger generations hooking their allegiance. The club must tap in to that and far better than they have for years.

The only thing that truly brings fans to watch or indeed turns them away is the success or failure of the team. I don't think you can forget about the god damn awful owners that we have, nor should we, but balance that with enjoying the success of the team. The two are not mutually exclusive. Support the team but challenge the owners any way you choose

Without doubt we have lost a sizeable number of fans to other things, and there are some that make a stand by refusing to go. Equally there are those that go because they enjoy it or even make a stand to show physical support for the team. It is a matter of choice. The only thing that will convince people to go is a winning team, and that doesn't actually depend on having more money than anyone else at this level, CCFC have sufficient to compete in League 2

One thing that wont work in building the support is berating others or pointing fingers. Encourage, talk about the football and the team make people interested not riled. If they then choose to make a stand let them its their choice. If they jump on the bandwagon when the team wins then great because they are reconnecting with a club that for years cut them off. Great because that's extra money for the club, money that while we make losses goes to paying the club running expenses.

above all we have had so few days like yesterday - whether you went or not just ENJOY IT
Couldn't agree more. I can't understand why people can't seperate the two. Enjoy the football side without mentioning SISU every five minutes. For now we're stuck with them but don't let them let them spoil our joy and excitement on the good days.

skybluetony176

You can enjoy days like yesterday and not forget about SISU. Not sure given all that’s happened how anyone could be expected to forget about them.

clint van damme

Couldn't agree more. I can't understand why people can't seperate the two. Enjoy the football side without mentioning SISU every five minutes. For now we're stuck with them but don't let them let them spoil our joy and excitement on the good days.

But people were coming on here and starting threads about sisu trying to stir up trouble.
When Nick starts going on about certain posters appearing a certain times trying to push certain agendas people react like he's some mad conspiracy theorist but the evidence has been there to see since yesterdays result.
It's generally when there's adverse news but the sight of everyone enjoying themselves yesterday was too much for some of them and they broke cover!

ccfcchris

But people were coming on here and starting threads about sisu trying to stir up trouble.
When Nick starts going on about certain posters appearing a certain times trying to push certain agendas people react like he's some mad conspiracy theorist but the evidence has been there to see since yesterdays result.
It's generally when there's adverse news but the sight of everyone enjoying themselves yesterday was too much for some of them and they broke cover!
Sadly that's spot on.

NortonSkyBlue

You can enjoy days like yesterday and not forget about SISU. Not sure given all that’s happened how anyone could be expected to forget about them.
I will never forget what Sisu have done to our club, like I won't forget the great times I have had supporting the Sky Blues but when I got off the plane in Riyadh last night I wasn't interested in Sisu,
I wanted to know the score of the game and once known I wanted to get the details and then started thinking about the next round and could I make it?
One of biggest gripes I have with the owners is that if they could have just harnessed the potential we have then they would have seen a proper return on their investment long ago. Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield? Coventry City should be bigger than all of those clubs and be on a par with West Bromwich Albion, Crystal Palace and Southampton.
Our day will come again.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I will never forget what Sisu have done to our club, like I won't forget the great times I have had supporting the Sky Blues.
One of biggest gripes I have with the owners is that if they could have just harnessed the potential we have then they would have seen a proper return on their investment long ago. Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield? Coventry City should be bigger than all of those clubs and be on a par with West Bromwich Albion, Crystal Palace and Southampton.
Our day will come.
]
I agree with you Riyayd.
Op thread - Forget SISU? ; don't think we will ever forget them.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Personally ,I think they are welcome to stay quiet in the background (as opposed to trying to take credit). We will enjoy things like yesterday and Wembley because it's ccfc, not because of them.

What on earth do you mean, stay quiet in the background ? Do you mean not to interfere ? Not to make a press statement or have Joy interview on CWR ? SISU do stay quiet . We never hear from them . They are bleeding this club to death and you state that you "welcome" them to remain at the helm if they stay quiet. You are obviously caught up in the euphoria of the outstanding result yesterday, and think it clever to make ridiculous statements like this. I have read on this forum certain individuals stating that you are something of a SISU apologist/ supporter and have thought it a little unfair, but I'm afraid for you to state that you are happy to have SISU here (presumably while we are still in the F.A.cup) is laughable. Perhaps when we batter Manchester City in round 4 you should reserve judgement for 48 hours before blurting out such nonsense. Maybe start a collection for Joy's statue.

rob9872

The problem is that if we're only SISU out when we lose, it looks like sour grapes and dilutes our position - particularly with other fan groups whose sympathy and support we may still require in the future.

We need a consistent approach to either let it run its course until they go or continually keep at them.

Personally I want them out whatever but have also come to the conclusion that we can' affect it and they'll only go when try decide and on their terms.

Nick

Administrator
What on earth do you mean, stay quiet in the background ? Do you mean not to interfere ? Not to make a press statement or have Joy interview on CWR ? SISU do stay quiet . We never hear from them . They are bleeding this club to death and you state that you "welcome" them to remain at the helm if they stay quiet. You are obviously caught up in the euphoria of the outstanding result yesterday, and think it clever to make ridiculous statements like this. I have read on this forum certain individuals stating that you are something of a SISU apologist/ supporter and have thought it a little unfair, but I'm afraid for you to state that you are happy to have SISU here (presumably while we are still in the F.A.cup) is laughable. Perhaps when we batter Manchester City in round 4 you should reserve judgement for 48 hours before blurting out such nonsense. Maybe start a collection for Joy's statue.

I mean if they do have to remain here they should stay completely quiet in the background, no pretend stadium nonsense, no bullshit statements, nothing. Just let robins do what he needs to do and have somebody half competent in the day to day running

I don't want them anywhere near days like yesterday. I even put it in brackets to say as opposed to them trying to take credit just to explain a bit more.

As soon as you start trying to play the apologist line you know you are struggling. Especially when you don't quote what I was replying to about them letting us down in a few weeks, which is usually some sort of shit statement while everybody is happy.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I mean if they do have to remain here they should stay completely quiet in the background, no pretend stadium nonsense, no bullshit statements, nothing. Just let robins do what he needs to do and have somebody half competent in the day to day running. I don't want them anywhere near days like yesterday.

As soon as you start trying to play the apologist line you know you are struggling.

How’s that going to happen when they’re pursuing court action? It’s the definition of impossibility. They’re never going to be silently in the background.

wingy

I think the Op is wrong. SISU already have the power, the thoughts here give them none. Few people go round with SISU at the fore front of their brain. Those going to matches are focussed on the team. Those not going are probably focussed on the myriad of other things that can be done on a Saturday afternoon or a mid week evening. Few over think SISU. If the team wins then it is CCFC at the front of peoples minds, if it loses it is the team again. Largely people are powerless and immune to SISU actions. SISU don't care and neither do a lot of fans

Very true
Even Theresa May is wearing Skyblue today. B-)

Covstu

it's not. He doesn't show any support of the club whatsoever, never posts on football related threads and not one positive word about yesterdays result. Not a City supporter.
Exactly it’s like the CT lot, quiet as a mouse when we win, cannot wait to stick 5e knife in when we lose.

Nick

Administrator
How’s that going to happen when they’re pursuing court action? It’s the definition of impossibility. They’re never going to be silently in the background.
Which is why I said personally I'd welcome it if they did have to be here, also that days like yesterday aren't because of them they are despite them.

I don't want them trying to take credit, they should stay quiet about it.

Last edited:

Covstu

The problem is that if we're only SISU out when we lose, it looks like sour grapes and dilutes our position - particularly with other fan groups whose sympathy and support we may still require in the future.

We need a consistent approach to either let it run its course until they go or continually keep at them.

Personally I want them out whatever but have also come to the conclusion that we can' affect it and they'll only go when try decide and on their terms.
Agree and promotion would be a successful season so all quiet. The Armstrong season, there were no chants whilst winning then they appeared when we fluffed our lines at the end.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As soon as you start trying to play the apologist line you know you are struggling. Especially when you don't quote what I was replying to about them letting us down in a few weeks, which is usually some sort of shit statement while everybody is happy.
Is this aimed at me ?

Nick

Administrator
Is this aimed at me ?
Well yes, if you try to go on about me welcoming sisu at the club. Instead of the context meant which was welcoming them to stay quiet (as opposed to taking credit).

Ie not joy trying to claim credit for it or some fake congratulations to players she probably doesn't know after a day like yesterday which would then just put a dampener on it.

Hence yesterday being because of ccfc, not sisu. I say the same about things like jsbs, sisu and joy shouldn't even mention that as it's despite them not because of them.

skybluetony176

Which is why I said personally I'd welcome it if they did have to be here, also that days like yesterday aren't because of them they are despite them.

Once the legal’s are exhausted they’ll be out the door at the first opportunity. Which means that so long as they’re here they’ll never be lingering quietly in the back ground. Whether you personally welcome it or not the reality is they won’t be.

Nick

Administrator
Once the legal’s are exhausted they’ll be out the door at the first opportunity. Which means that so long as they’re here they’ll never be lingering quietly in the back ground. Whether you personally welcome it or not the reality is they won’t be.

Let's hope they do and when they go it's cleanly.

It could have prompted a message from joy after yesterday, I'm glad it didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread