Time to forget about sisu... (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Should Sisu matter today? My opinion is that rather than going over old shit yet again surely we should bask in the afterglow of a great win yesterday?
I want Sisu gone as much as anyone but even I can see that the transfer window during Mowbrays spell was not down to them. They signed Joe Cole who would not have been cheap from October and brought in Ramage, Hunt, Henderson who would have cost more than an average Division 3 wage.
If you are so bitter that the hatred for Sisu is the only thing that you can see then you may not have noticed that we are 3rd in Division 4, just beat Stoke City in the FA cup and are seeing the flowering of our home grown players and our fans should be walking about today with pride, something that doesn't happen too often.
Its not time to forget about Sisu but it is time for those that support Coventry City to do just that.

Good post. Totally agree.

Adge

Forget about Sisu? No I won’t and people need to realise that if we do go up Robins will be looking for a budget to compete at L1 level which he won’t get, which means the Burges’, Haynes’ will be part of the team who we know can’t cut it at that level. So with that in mind like I’ve said numerous times before, with Sisu at the helm we will not progress and will just maybe flit between the bottom 2 divisions.
That is why I didn’t purchase a season ticket and “invest” for the owners mistakes in the past. But as we all know it then gets thrown back at people who didn’t buy one with the old “we need every penny through the turnstiles for the budget”

Londonccfcfan

Forget about Sisu? No I won’t and people need to realise that if we do go up Robins will be looking for a budget to compete at L1 level which he won’t get, which means the Burges’, Haynes’ will be part of the team who we know can’t cut it at that level. So with that in mind like I’ve said numerous times before, with Sisu at the helm we will not progress and will just maybe flit between the bottom 2 divisions.
That is why I didn’t purchase a season ticket and “invest” for the owners mistakes in the past. But as we all know it then gets thrown back at people who didn’t buy one with the old “we need every penny through the turnstiles for the budget”

This current team (squad) man for man is better ‘team’ than what we had in in league one.

fernandopartridge

That's bollocks which is par for the course with you. The budget is essentially set by the club's income. Little Shrewsbury are pretty competitive considering that, Scunthorpe likewise. Why would CCFC not be the same?
Which league 1 clubs have a wealthy benefactor bankrolling their success?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Funding isn’t the issue this season, on the football side they’ve done OK. Same when we first came down to L1 IMO, it’s more the general cloud they put over they club with the stadium uncertainty, the legals, the mid season financial reviews, and the hostility towards fans and city.

If they can sort the stadium and repeat this seasons (presumed) success next year in L1, that’ll go a long way and will deserve financial support from fans. But I’m not sure I could forget and I certainly can’t forgive the rest.

ceetee

I will not forget what SISU have done
I will never forgive most of what SISU have done
But I still support CCFC, lifes too short and if I took the NOPM approach I might not see another game.

But those of you who won't support the club, just remember when SISU eventually go, if the club still exists and you all flock back, it won't be you who kept the club alive

Adge

That's bollocks which is par for the course with you. The budget is essentially set by the club's income. Little Shrewsbury are pretty competitive considering that, Scunthorpe likewise. Why would CCFC not be the same?
Which league 1 clubs have a wealthy benefactor bankrolling their success?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Aye bollocks. Have a day off.

Adge

I will not forget what SISU have done
I will never forgive most of what SISU have done
But I still support CCFC, lifes too short and if I took the NOPM approach I might not see another game.

But those of you who won't support the club, just remember when SISU eventually go, if the club still exists and you all flock back, it won't be you who kept the club alive
It won’t be them who killed it either.

ccfctommy

Yesterday those of us who were there witnessed the Coventry City we've longed for for so long and the reason we've hung in there. But we need to get the fans back, and the first stepping stone is in place if we want to move forward from here...so it's time to forget about sisu...time to stop them renting far too much space in our heads. I never went to a single game at Northampton, have never supported sisu in any way, but to continue thinking about them, giving them any credibility of power, which is what we do by staying away, has to stop. They are there, but as the team become more successful, they will recede into nothing more than a feint background noise. But for that to happen we have to stop the battle with them and leave them punching thin air, and eventually they will go away, because we know how they like a fight!! C'mon guys, what a great club we support! We are not sisu, we are Coventry City Football Club.

They still haven't announced where we are playing next season. Has everyone forgotten this?

Londonccfcfan

How many persons on here have witnessed a promotion? Unless your over 60 then maybe.

I would really encourage all fans who havnt got a season ticket, get a half season ticket works out almost half the price of a walk up ticket.

Get behind the team and be that 12th man. Theres no doubt it gives the players a huge lift. Why not witness and be part of the promotion.

Im enjoying this years football as much as i have any season.

Its good honest stuff on show at times with a touch of quality too, good honest players who deserve our backing.

Nick

Administrator
They still haven't announced where we are playing next season. Has everyone forgotten this?

You do realise people don't suddenly forget things after we win.

Weird really, as the people who are reminding us about the negatives haven't even mentioned the win yesterday.

Nick

Administrator
How many persons on here have witnessed a promotion? Unless your over 60 then maybe.

I would really encourage all fans who havnt got a season ticket, get a half season ticket works out almost half the price of a walk up ticket.

Get behind the team and be that 12th man. Theres no doubt it gives the players a huge lift. Why not witness and be part of the promotion.

Im enjoying this years football as much as i have any season.

Its good honest stuff on show at times with a touch of quality too, good honest players who deserve our backing.

Jack Grimmer says it helped the players towards the end. You could tell it was as well with every cheer every time we blocked something, every clearance got a massive cheer and applause.

ccfctommy

You do realise people don't suddenly forget things after we win.

Weird really, as the people who are reminding us about the negatives haven't even mentioned the win yesterday.

The thread was entitled 'time to forget about sisu'.

Sisu never entered my head yesterday and im still buzzing about the Stoke game.

But there is a bigger picture also, as it stands the club haven't announced anything regarding our medium term future.

dadgad

I doubt anybody had sisu or politics in general during the same yesterday in their heads.

Not in yours, that’s for sure.

Everything is political, from the colour of your skin to the food on your plate.

Nick

Administrator

Everything is political, from the colour of your skin to the food on your plate.
They weren't in mine and they didn't seem to be in the thousands walking away from the ground either.

I don't look at my dinner and rant about politics or try to ruin other people's by telling them their chicken from Spain is only allowed because of a trade agreement either.

Grendel

Football isn’t political during the 90 minutes you attempt to be pretentious fool

rupert_bear

Why do you need to be a season ticket or a half season ticket holder to prove anything just buy a ticket per match and go up and support the lads and actually you will be putting more money in the Sky Blue pot

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
supported city since 1953 is that long enough

Predictable, insert year here and say supported them since before you were born etc etc as if that proves a thing.

It's like my nan saying she went into a pub back in 1945 a few times and being outraged it gets shut down.

Ashdown

No I agree fans shouldn't be focussing on the owners right now, days like yesterday are few and far between and should be milked. The OP was just stupid though and poorly timed.

Nick

Administrator
No I agree fans shouldn't be focussing on the owners right now, days like yesterday are few and far between and should be milked. The OP was just stupid though and poorly timed.

Yep, he was probably waking up buzzing from what happened yesterday. What a wanker.

Ashdown

Predictable, insert year here and say supported them since before you were born etc etc as if that proves a thing.

It's like my nan saying she went into a pub back in 1945 a few times and being outraged it gets shut down.
It's that word 'Outraged' again !

Users who are viewing this thread