Time to drop the edge? (1 Viewer)

wal3590

I have thought for a while the lad has looked shaky, we have had 2 clean sheets in the last 19 games! Not good enough for a team challenging for promotion. I hate bad mouthing players and I do think he can come good, just feel he needs to be taken out the firing line for a bit, not sure on camerons fitness? Also not all that convinced by Blair Adams defensively.. Good shift by Cyrus at RB though.. GAME ON!
Thoughts?

covcity4life

yeh id say so..maybe just 2-3 games

hes not playing bad but not as good as he was

getting done for pace and starts to lose key headers towards end of game.

like i say hes doing ok but i wouldnt grumble if cameron starts vs yeovil

Otis

What about Richard Wood? :(

If you drop Edge you have to drop Wood.

Wood is slower than Edge, has less agility and can be turned inside out very easily by pacy forwards running directly at him.

Best to replace both, but if one has to go, it has to be Wood for me.

Otis

I think Wood has played pretty well, but I am convinced opposition managers are targeting the fact that he is too slow and his agility is pretty close to zero.

Too many goals coming from straight down the centre of our defence.

Otis

Well that's the 64million dollar question.

Unfortunately the answer lies in us bringing players in in the loan market.

Don't think that is going to happen though.

cmoncity

malaga and cameron why not.or could we move cyrus into the middle have his power and pace at cb and bring clarke back in at right back?

Sterling Archer

I still don't understand why we've not given Malaga another chance.

I still like Edjenguele though, think he has constantly improved but last night was just one of those nights. Plus as Crewe's goals were all from counter attacking situations, the defence didn't have the help from the Midfield.

D

Deleted member 4232

This whole thread is blasphemy. Edjenguélé > lindt chocolates > everything else.

Grendel

Hincha

I don't think dropping Wood is the answer, his distribution can make me want to tear my eyes out at times but the guy wins a hell of a lot in the air which is very important in this league.

Grendel

Edjenguele cant tackle , miss times headers and runs funny. No trevor Peake

He looks like another of the "summer 9" to be heading for the exit this summer. He and wood are a poor combination.

rupert_bear

The problem with Wood and Edjenguele is apart from lack of pace they are both very left footed, teams know this and set their stall out to counter attack normally down our right hand side which puts the right back under pressure too. A reason why we are dropping points galore at home. Not sure why Cameron not geting in but if Robins feels he ain't good enough he needs to find a right-sided centre half from somewhere on loan, that's if he's allowed to.

MrHorse1982

Don't think robins like Malaga after he turned down the extended Nuneaton loan in favour of doing nothing.

Cameron deserves his chance he's sat and been patient give him a go, you have Willis as well don't forget.

SkyBlueSeb

I thought Edge played a hell of a lot better then wood, at least edge kicked a ball to one of our players rather then hoofing the ball up field to no-one like wood did.... This thread is stupid. :facepalm:

nicksig

So we lose a cup game and suddenly we should break up an established CB partnership? The Edge has played well this season - thought he was great against Sheff Utd. Dave Kitson is a hard player to play against and he hardly had a sniff. I think he's played better than Wood who seems a bit slow and gets outmuscled too often. I would keep the Edge in the side

mark82

I thought Edge played well last night. Bit susceptible on the ground I agree but not much got past him in the air. Have to remember we are league one team now.

Otis

I don't think dropping Wood is the answer, his distribution can make me want to tear my eyes out at times but the guy wins a hell of a lot in the air which is very important in this league.

He is good in the air. He's also very poor on the deck though. He has no pace and his mobility is very poor.

wal3590

Opinions. If they didn't exist nor would this Site! We have conceded too many goals and In my opinion Wood looks a lot more composed than Edge. So get off your high horse your tosser

Mucca Mad Boys

What about Richard Wood? :(

If you drop Edge you have to drop Wood.

Wood is slower than Edge, has less agility and can be turned inside out very easily by pacy forwards running directly at him.

Best to replace both, but if one has to go, it has to be Wood for me.

Accept Edj gets bullied in the air and that's where we are at our weakest.

If we can replace both, go for it, but Wood is way better than Edj.

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought Edge played well last night. Bit susceptible on the ground I agree but not much got past him in the air. Have to remember we are league one team now.

No one in defence played well, we got torn apart in defence for their 3 (THREE) goals, they ran around like headless chickens!

Users who are viewing this thread