Time to bring the curtain down (1 Viewer)

Samo

what I contribute to the budget is fuck all to do with you, besides I've only been to one game less than summerisle!

Vic Handbag.jpg

covmark

To be fair to Dowie since relegation from the Prem only Nilsson, Black and Robbins have a better win % than him. Although that might say more about how consistently shit we've been than anything else.
How many years ago was that, and how many jobs has he had since chief?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Moff

@ Torchy and covmark....... What are you two bringing to the table?... As usual fuck all!

Not sure why you are attacking Torchy, he didnt even respond to your post.

Re Dowie, I thought he had too many tactical defficiencies to be a decent manager and although he and Flowers could motivate a team, you need more than that, and a plan B. Sadly we dont seem to be able to get manya managers who have a plan B.

Sky Blue Kid

Re Dowie, I thought he had too many tactical defficiencies to be a decent manager and although he and Flowers could motivate a team, you need more than that, and a plan B. Sadly we dont seem to be able to get manya managers who have a plan B.

It was Dowie, and his brother that brought what is arguably the best two defenders CCFC have had over the last 10-12 years in Dann and Fox. I thought he was doing a very good job untill that twat Coleman was brought in to replace him. This sounds a lot like TM atm doesn't it?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Both covmark and Torchy have made no contribution to this thread apart from covmark slagging me off and Torchy agreeing.

Sky Blue Kid

tumblr_nokcxtmtop1ryev42o1_500.gif

Gazolba

Well yeah, I wouldn't have Dowie....

But Adrian Heath and Andy Thorn could be a good shout.

Never bring back a player, never bring back a manager and never go out with a girl again after dumping her or she dumped you.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And anyway, as has been said, sometimes a manager can just be a good fit.

Look at Mark Hughes. Win ratio with Man City was 46% (he did spend £270 million though).

His win ratio was then 32% at Fulham, so a fail and then 23.5% at QPR, so a massive disaster.

Based on that, who would have him you would have thought? But look, he is at Stoke and has a brilliant win ratio of over 40%!

Sometimes managers are just a good fit and I would be fine with Robins coming back here.
Hughes was solid at Fulham, not a fail at all. I would say the opposite and call it a success, had one season with them and finished 8th in the premier league which was superb for Fulham.

Otis

Hughes was solid at Fulham, not a fail at all. I would say the opposite and call it a success, had one season with them and finished 8th in the premier league which was superb for Fulham.
I didn't realise that Fulham spell of his was in the Premier. Thought it was the Championship.

Yep, if that is the case I take that back. My error.

Samo

tumblr_o3hhzck4GO1ua1gw4o6_400.gif

And you haven't got the hang of respecting other peoples opinions either!

Some opinions are worthy of respect, others are not.
I respect your right to hold an opinion but not necessarily the opinion you hold.
So no, I haven't got the hang of blindly respecting opinions and I don't intend to try.

Sky Blue Kid

Some opinions are worthy of respect, others are not.
I respect your right to hold an opinion but not necessarily the opinion you hold.
So no, I haven't got the hang of blindly respecting opinions and I don't intend to try.

That's where your lack of breeding lets you down Samo. ALL opinions should be respected. One may disagree with someones opinion, but it should ALWAYS be respected. I disagree with a lot of opinions on this forum, but I respect those opinions.(Still with me up to now?) So what YOU in turn are saying,if my opinion turns out to be the right opinion and yours is wrong, you're not man enough to accept that my opinion, and not your opinion is the right opinion, and therefore not respect my opinion, goes to show that when it comes down to opinions wether right our wrong should not be a respected opinion, because you're a disrespectful t**t.....IMH Opinion.!

Sky Blue Kid

IMHO...... You should respect differing opinions enough to listen to them and then decide whether they are worthy of further consideration. If they are not, then feel free to ignore them.

torchomatic

Hold on, I thought you respected opinions. Lying again?

@ Torchy and covmark....... What are you two bringing to the table?... As usual fuck all!

Imissandywhing

I haven't posted for a few weeks, I called for an early change to give more time for us to turn the rut around. looks like there is a few slowly starting to feel that the impact of a new manager could have a positive affect. Just don't get jimmy Floyd lol !

shmmeee

IMHO...... You should respect differing opinions enough to listen to them and then decide whether they are worthy of further consideration. If they are not, then feel free to ignore them.

Is ignoring something respecting it then?

Kingokings204

Reading this thread for the first time just now all 13 pages and it baffles me some of it.

TM and his team are the best thing to happen to us for ages and we are 1 win tonight which is our game in hand of being in the top 6 with 11 games to go and we are really having a thread about how and when to get rid of him? Wow

The run is abysmal I've not seen one comment to the contrary. But that's football. Teams have bad runs especially ours. Would any other manager have us higher at this stage of the season? Not for me. Judge him over a season. Aren't we one win off last years total already?

TM has picked Cov up from a cert for league 2 football to play off contenders for the championship in a year. We know him pedigree and we know he sways players who shouldn't be here like Armstrong and Cole.

Some of the results and football over this season although not currently has been amazing. People have short memories and what if TM strikes back and stars winning again? It's all short sightedness which has got us no where in 15 years. I'm sick of it. TM would manage any club in this league and we have him.

Couple of bad results and bad months but bloody hell let's see out the season and see where we are.

fernandopartridge

Reading this thread for the first time just now all 13 pages and it baffles me some of it.

TM and his team are the best thing to happen to us for ages and we are 1 win tonight which is our game in hand of being in the top 6 with 11 games to go and we are really having a thread about how and when to get rid of him? Wow

The run is abysmal I've not seen one comment to the contrary. But that's football. Teams have bad runs especially ours. Would any other manager have us higher at this stage of the season? Not for me. Judge him over a season. Aren't we one win off last years total already?

TM has picked Cov up from a cert for league 2 football to play off contenders for the championship in a year. We know him pedigree and we know he sways players who shouldn't be here like Armstrong and Cole.

Some of the results and football over this season although not currently has been amazing. People have short memories and what if TM strikes back and stars winning again? It's all short sightedness which has got us no where in 15 years. I'm sick of it. TM would manage any club in this league and we have him.

Couple of bad results and bad months but bloody hell let's see out the season and see where we are.

For once, I am in complete agreement with you. Good post.

Sky Blue Kid

To be perfectly honest KoK, if it wasn't for the great start, we'd be in the bottom 4 struggling our a**es off to stay in this division ;)

Kingokings204

To be perfectly honest KoK, if it wasn't for the great start, we'd be in the bottom 4 struggling our a**es off to stay in this division ;)

I know people are quick to discount the start of the season when it's all the same season and let's see where we are at the end of the season and there is a chance of promotion this year al be it small where as this time last season we were thinking here we go league 2.

And FP - knew we would agree just the once.

covmark

Where did you or Covmark make any suggestions to the thread? Slagging off a poster and liking the slagging off brings nothing to the table Torchy! So I'm not lying. I was stating a fact!
I did make a suggestion. I suggested your idea of reappointing Dowie was a bullshit one

Otis

Yeah, but that's just your opinion.

We now have to decide whether your opinion is worthy or not.

Samo

That's where your lack of breeding lets you down Samo. ALL opinions should be respected. One may disagree with someones opinion, but it should ALWAYS be respected. I disagree with a lot of opinions on this forum, but I respect those opinions.(Still with me up to now?) So what YOU in turn are saying,if my opinion turns out to be the right opinion and yours is wrong, you're not man enough to accept that my opinion, and not your opinion is the right opinion, and therefore not respect my opinion, goes to show that when it comes down to opinions wether right our wrong should not be a respected opinion, because you're a disrespectful t**t.....IMH Opinion.!

Breeding? You are an old man who has spent his whole life regurgitating bollocks like that and never questioning it.
There are people who hold the opinion that those of a different race are inferior or even sub-human... do you respect that opinion?

Sky Blue Kid

I did make a suggestion. I suggested your idea of reappointing Dowie was a bullshit one 

I respect your opinion that you dislike Dowie, however.... "Good post. I mean Dowie ffs. What planet do some people live on." You've slagged off my opinion.. It doesn't make it any less valid than yours! It shows you up for what you are. another t**t to stand alongside Samo. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread