Time for SP to go.. (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Yep, his choice.

Del Boy 82

These tactics make us too easy to play against, teams just sit back an let us pass in small triangles or go back to the keeper. They wait for our mistakes to happen an take their chance. We have no real threat going forward. Midfield of o'brien fleck an thomas does not seem to work in a attacking manner so no threat of goals. System needs looking at soon. You try an pick the best formation to suit your squad not they will learn the system. Next 3 games look even bleaker if not addressed soon. God help us.

skybluedan

He has made utter garbage signings since he's been here tbf on limited freebies and loans but this formation bollocks is a joke and so is he if he cannot see it don't work like everyone else can
im at a point now where I want him to get to fuck but yeah who would we replace him with

Otis

These tactics make us too easy to play against, teams just sit back an let us pass in small triangles or go back to the keeper. They wait for our mistakes to happen an take their chance. We have no real threat going forward. Midfield of o'brien fleck an thomas does not seem to work in a attacking manner so no threat of goals. System needs looking at soon. You try an pick the best formation to suit your squad not they will learn the system. Next 3 games look even bleaker if not addressed soon. God help us.

Very accurate deduction.

We lack any attacking threat and are quite predictable for the most part.

wingy

No when asked this week, Fisher/Waggot said supposedly last years budget was just less than 4 million

Absolutely do not believe that ,At best our Turnover was £4.5M-£5M Inc transfers cup runs and Equity Injection of £600K

£2.5M at the most and less when we lost Clarke In Jan IMO.

Otis

He has made utter garbage signings since he's been here tbf on limited freebies and loans but this formation bollocks is a joke and so is he if he cannot see it don't work like everyone else can
im at a point now where I want him to get to fuck but yeah who would we replace him with

Not seen enough of some players, but Swanson and Miller and Tudgay and Alsop all look rather weak and not the answer.

Had high hopes especially for Tudgay, but he has been most disspointing and now barely seems to make the bench.

SkyBlueRuffian

In his defence, losing Callum Wilson has really, really hit us hard. I also like the way he has promoted youth and how they are getting their chances.

He does seem very stubborn though and also seems most reluctant to change a system that clearly isn't working at the moment.

He does also appear to be at different games to us at times, judging by his post match interviews.

Don't think anyone is happy with him at the moment, but I am not convinced that sacking him is the right answer.

Seems all a bit knee jerk. I am very much in the camp of last season's players (Wilson, Moussa, Baker, Murphy) being better than what we have now.

Can't just blame Pressley.

Who decided to get rid of Baker?

stupot07

Not seen enough of some players, but Swanson and Miller and Tudgay and Alsop all look rather weak and not the answer.

Had high hopes especially for Tudgay, but he has been most disspointing and now barely seems to make the bench.

Agreed. We looked at mcgoldrick's record and wrote him off, unfortunately his success means that when we sign a player we look at their record, the say "well mcgoldrick's record was that bad and look what he did" and so our expectations are immediately raided. I will put my hand up and say I did that with tudguy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

WestEndAgro

I've always backed SP to the hilt, even tipping him for top positions in the game, he talks a great game and comes across very well, captivating and extremely enthusiastic, but I've worked with many a guy who talks the talk but can't deliver!

Is Presley just blowing hot air ? I think he is, results say he is , the league table says he is, and the win ratio says he is

FACT

spider_ricoh

Agree with this.

It's all very well trying to say he should "swallow his pride" and change from 352 to some variation of 442, but the squad doesn't have the personnel to do that. We lack enough cover to play a four man midfield and we are short of cover across the back 4.

Evo1883

Pressley is like the friend we all had the could do kick ups for hours , fancy flicks and tricks , then you get on the pitch they are utterly useless

SkyBlueRuffian

It's all very well trying to say he should "swallow his pride" and change from 352 to some variation of 442, but the squad doesn't have the personnel to do that. We lack enough cover to play a four man midfield and we are short of cover across the back 4.

Allsop
Phillips/Willis/Johnson/Pugh
Swanson/Fleck/O'Brien/Coubaly
Nouble/Jackson

yes we have.

lifelongcityfan

sisu have to go, only then we will see an upturn in my opinion

I am unsure about pressley, based on todays performance he has bought in a load of substandard players

Hincha

The one thing i struggle to understand is his signings when he knew he would be playing 5-3-2. To not bring in a natural wing-back or a central midfielder, yet bring in 5 strikers and 3 wingers was a major error.

sky_blue_up_north

Personally I think we have to stick with Pressley for now. All this chopping and changing of manager just does not work else we'd be In the premiership by now. However some of this seasons performances have truly shocking. Some of it down to bad luck, some with poor signings. We should not under estimate the impact the lose of Reda has had on the side, already short of experience. Until that point everything was going well. We are still missing pace in the side, are wide players are not good enough, midfield is weak, and don't get me going about our strikers who don't appear to able to hit a barn door. As other said we lost 4 quality players, some by choice but how much good we do with Carl Baker. Now, shocking the way he was moved on. I am sure that was more SISU cutting the budget again, but Pressley needs to man up and say enough is enough. Who are we going sell this season to balance the books.... Right now this squad is pretty worthless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

since new years day we have played 34 league games and won just 6 - that is awful, as much as I like Elvis not sure he has the ability to make the best use of the resources available - Micky adams would have won more games and even Booth the Hoof with the same budget - in my opinion

ccfc1234

His signings have been dire on the whole.
His tactics are questionable and he thinks he is cleverer than he actually is.
In games his changes rarely effect games.
He has not won more than a handful of games in 2014 year.
His overall win rate at CCFC is a poor 35%.

If I was listing pro's and cons right now I would say the cons are adding up to far more.
Real shame Huddersfield never came through with an offer in the end.

On the up side he talks a good game. :sarcasm:

Del Boy 82

4 year contract says he's going nowhere soon. I like what pressley's done with promoting using the youth but lots of question marks over his signings. Thankfully none have cost only urqhart I believe. Question marks now over tactics, an a plan b. I don't want him sacked as what else is there, an cannot keep swapping an loosing managers. Need some stability, but we as fans don't wanna hear that pressley was satisfied with the way the team played an their work rate an ethic if it was poor.

Covstu

The results are no doubt concerning but for some reason (and not sure why) I have full faith in SP. I think he is growing a decent squad during the lowest point in the clubs history. I agree his loan signings have been extremely poor but I am not sure what options he has to play with given wage restrictions etc

Tactics are a little clueless at times and playing a formation that doesn't match the players we have and their capabilities. Our players are too inconsistent to play the pressing style of game constantly.

We have no other options at present and don't want to start that whole process again, keep the faith

spider_ricoh

The results are no doubt concerning but for some reason (and not sure why) I have full faith in SP. I think he is growing a decent squad during the lowest point in the clubs history. I agree his loan signings have been extremely poor but I am not sure what options he has to play with given wage restrictions etc

Tactics are a little clueless at times and playing a formation that doesn't match the players we have and their capabilities. Our players are too inconsistent to play the pressing style of game constantly.

We have no other options at present and don't want to start that whole process again, keep the faith

Finally, some common sense

spider_ricoh

So someone saying they have faith in the manager but he has no idea why is your idea of common sense?

Was referring to the need for stability. If the logic of "things are bad so let's sack the manager to make things better" was correct, we'd be in the Premier league by now!

I've never been a big SP fan but he's as good as anyone else available to us. He's started a job but I'd say give him another 2 years and assess things then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Was referring to the need for stability. If the logic of "things are bad so let's sack the manager to make things better" was correct, we'd be in the Premier league by now!

I've never been a big SP fan but he's as good as anyone else available to us. He's started a job but I'd say give him another 2 years and assess things then.
Stability only works if you have the right man in the job

Gazolba

How long can we go on only playing well for just 30 minutes or 45 minutes? We need to play well for 90+ minutes. I've been backing SP since he escaped relegation last season, but the question now is is it the manager or is it the players? Either he is unable to motivate the players, the players are just not good enough or the system is wrong. Whatever it is, someone needs to figure it out quickly otherwise we will be in the drop zone. I do think the players let go, Murphy, Moussa, Baker, Clarke and Wilson were enormous losses.

Gazolba

Allsop
Phillips/Willis/Johnson/Pugh
Swanson/Fleck/O'Brien/Coubaly
Nouble/Jackson

yes we have.

Johnson is injured, Finch is suspended (red card), Nouble is injured. We have no depth, so having some theoretical 'perfect' team on paper does not help.

Gazolba

Pressley needs to man up and say enough is enough.

SP is a family man and he has a 4-year contract. He's not going to rock the boat, why should he? He collects his money every week. Is he on some pay incentive to win, score goals or move up the table, I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 4232

Who do you guys suggest takeover the great and prosperous Sky Blues?

Users who are viewing this thread