Time For some Perspective (2 Viewers)

Grendel

We need to target 40pts this season to survive. We have 4 already. So another 36pts. 10-12 wins and some draws.

The way i see it is we need to beat all the teams in bottom half at home. Do that and we have a great chance of staying up. We need a 50% win ratio at home.

It’s more likely to be the 50 point mark surely

steve cooper

It’s more likely to be the 50 point mark surely
That's usually about what is required, but this season could be very different. I doubt Wycombe will get anywhere near 50, too early to tell about Barnsley but my personal feeling is they won't either. It only takes one more team to melt down if that is the case. My personal feeling is 40 will be enough this season

cc84cov

Why does everything have to be so fucking extreme, either we’re gonna push for playoffs or get utterly destroyed, and why are you trying to preach to people about perspective being needed when you’re the most reactionary of the bunch? Talk about a drama queen
I’ve had perspective since we went up it’s people like you who haven’t let’s see what your saying after the 11 games I’ve listed son

Ring Of Steel

I’ve had perspective since we went up it’s people like you who haven’t let’s see what your saying after the 11 games I’ve listed son

Actually I said staying up is the aim (and for me it’s the expectation bearing in mind we have Wycombe, Rotherham and Wednesday starting on -12), but it will be a real slog and there will be a few thrashings coming our way. It’s you that starts stupid threads overreacting to every little thing that happens but then makes out you’re somehow the ‘voice of reason’.

higgs

It's a really tough division we need to keep plugging away picking up as many points as we can

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Tommo1993

Cov, Barnsley, Birmingham, Wycombe, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Luton, is my prediction for bottom 7. No particular order.

Grendel

Barnsley as well for me. Only survived last season due to off field, 1 goal in 4 games (pen)

Yes they will be down there - it’s likely 5 or 6 will be well adrift if everyone else

Grendel

If we somehow manage to go down with a a team starting on -12 and Wycombe in the league it will be a disaster - we won’t get an easier opportunity

Exactly

baldy

Well if my Footy Manager save's anything to go by,City'll finish bottom & Garry Monk will become manager lolz

Hertsccfc

Some of you lot need to get with it & fast

Brentford
Swansea
Blackburn
Middlesbrough
Reading
Watford
Forest
Brum
Cardiff
Norwich
Derby

If we take more than 10 points ill be amazed
I'd take your point if that list included Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern and AC Milan.

One poor performance doesn't mean we can't be competitive at this level.

skybluereeve

My only gripe is our passing has been woeful. I still think we will get better. Barnsley and Bournemouth I thought we played poor( Bournemouth were to good) so I’m optimistic we will also play better.

SlowerThanPlatt

According to WhoScored we have had on average 45.5% possession this season - only Rotherham and Wycombe are below us.

This is a complete contrast to League 1 where we dominated the ball every game.

Ring Of Steel

My only gripe is our passing has been woeful. I still think we will get better. Barnsley and Bournemouth I thought we played poor( Bournemouth were to good) so I’m optimistic we will also play better.

But it hasn’t though- take Bournemouth out of it when we were completely outplayed in all areas and it’s more been a question of consistency, we haven’t managed to have a single solid 90 mins yet, but we have dominated for spells in all apart from Friday night- whether that’s confidence or what I don’t know but experience & playing against these teams can only help. I’ve seen enough to think we can compete, but competing is not the same as winning so when we do have good periods we need to start taking advantage.

AFCCOVENTRY

According to WhoScored we have had on average 45.5% possession this season - only Rotherham and Wycombe are below us.

That’s not too bad as Bournemouth ruined our possession.

Ultimately possession is great but it’s what you do when you get a chance on goal. We don’t look clinical with our decision making in the final third.

steve cooper

I still think Sheff W will have a difficult season. Arguably they have had a slightly easier start than us and have only got 1 more point. Their standout result so far has been a home draw with Watford. They beat Cardiff but they haven't had a good start either.
I posted earlier that I think 40 points could be enough, in which case Wednesday would probably easily get enough points to be safe, but if it's 50 points they need 57 from 42, which is 1.35 points per game, just to scrape in.

SlowerThanPlatt

That’s not too bad as Bournemouth ruined our possession.

Ultimately possession is great but it’s what you do when you get a chance on goal. We don’t look clinical with our decision making in the final third.

QPR had more possession against us than Bournemouth - this is why I would bring McCallum in and drop Giles as we don’t have enough of the ball for him to be used best.

cc84cov

If teams continue to high press us like we’re seen last 2 games a change of tactics will have to happen I feel

cc84cov

QPR had more possession against us than Bournemouth - this is why I would bring McCallum in and drop Giles as we don’t have enough of the ball for him to be used best.
Push Giles further forward in place of Allen or Shipley possibly or 2 up front O’Hare at number 10

steve cooper

Interestingly we only had 37% possession against Bournemouth at home, but we had 54% against Bristol City away who are one of only two teams with 100% record.
Against Bournemouth, they looked physically bigger, stronger, and fitter than us as well as the difference in skill, and also they kept possession well in their own half, playing the ball around at the back a lot especially when we went down to 10, and they were winning. This made a massive difference to the possession stats.

cc84cov

Interestingly we only had 37% possession against Bournemouth at home, but we had 54% against Bristol City away who are one of only two teams with 100% record.
Against Bournemouth, they looked physically bigger, stronger, and fitter than us as well as the difference in skill, and also they kept possession well in their own half, playing the ball around at the back a lot especially when we went down to 10, and they were winning. This made a massive difference to the possession stats.
I think we are possibly reading too much into the Bournemouth game they were far superior

Grendel

Possession stats don’t even mean possession you could have 60% possession and it would show as 40%

Users who are viewing this thread