Time for Plain Speaking (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Latest kcic mailout -

Time for plain speaking

• sisu are now claiming CCFC were ‘Frogmarched’ out of Highfield Road
  • the truth is CCFC sold HR despite not having a new ground to move to
  • listen to the interview for yourself at http://tinyurl.com/npu84zg
  • with sisu now openly reinventing history it’s time for a reality check and some plain speaking

1. We could be back at the Ricoh tomorrow on the most recent rental offer which would be good for the team, good for the fans and better financially than playing at Northampton Town FC

1. There is not a scrap of evidence to suggest the ‘new ground’ is anything but a smokescreen – a feasible site has not been identified, no land has been purchased, no planning application has been submitted, not even a serious discussion with a local council

1. There seems to be only one rational explanation for sisu’s actions - they want ownership of the Ricoh, and they want it on the cheap

1. No realistic way forward is offered by those whose main interest is being pro/anti acl/sisu, those who advocate the currently unachievable ‘AFC’ option and those who call for disrupting matches (what would SP say to that!)

So kcic will continue to

• be pro team and pro fans
  • boycott City games at Northampton Town FC as without a shadow of a doubt the boycott has attracted most attention and support for our plight
  • support football in Coventry by working with Coventry Sphinx, the senior team now playing in the City
  • promote the epetition at www.FixFootball.co.uk to call to account all those responsible for the mess we are in
  • shortly undertake a fan survey on what to do next season

And we’ll continue to call things just as we see them…

bradwellskyblues

I agree with all you say but one other important development on Friday was ml having a go at previous sisu boards they now seem to blame everyone else but fisher seppala and of course himself.
I found the frogmarch to the Ricoh comment deeply offensive . They clearly have no desire to build bridges with us

letsallsingtogether

Yes he also said that he tried to tell them that Ken Deluded was deluded and they wouldn't listen(don't believe that) so now they have, we have his portege baby ken.
I agree with all you say but one other important development on Friday was ml having a go at previous sisu boards they now seem to blame everyone else but fisher seppala and of course himself.
I found the frogmarch to the Ricoh comment deeply offensive . They clearly have no desire to build bridges with us

Spionkop

Michael, being devil's advocate a little here, why is the 'AFC' option 'unachievable?'
Why is disruption of matches 'unachievable?'
Seems to me we should be deciding what to do NOW, not another damn survey please.

dongonzalos

Micheal

Having listened to that interview can you or your group help facilitate Mr Labovitch's wish to have a public forum with the fans to go over these figures?

MichaelCCFC

Micheal

Having listened to that interview can you or your group help facilitate Mr Labovitch's wish to have a public forum with the fans to go over these figures?

Afraid kcic doesn't have resources/organisation for that kind of thing - have you asked the Trust?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Michael, being devil's advocate a little here, why is the 'AFC' option 'unachievable?'
Why is disruption of matches 'unachievable?'
Seems to me we should be deciding what to do NOW, not another damn survey please.

AFC option is unachievable for next season because the February deadline has passed,season after next who knows

blueflint

can i place a bet that certain posters will disagree with your post especially grendel with torch close behind by the way michael your spot on

The Gentleman

No idea. Ideally if the clubs ceases to exist or permanent relocates from The Coventry area. That's when you'll get 80-90%+ backing.

So you think that after at least 5 years at Sixfields but with Sisu still telling us that they are trying to build a ground that the majority of fans will still be there?

stupot07

So you think that after at least 5 years at Sixfields but with Sisu still telling us that they are trying to build a ground that the majority of fans will still be there?

Didn't say that did i? I imagine the majority will take a sabbatical, but yes the only way you'll get 80-90%+ backing is if the club ceases to exist, or permanently moves.

stupot07

Said who?

A KCIC poll

I would support a new ‘AFC Coventry’ club in 2014-15 but only if it played at the Ricoh - 16.9%
I would support a new ‘AFC Coventry’ club in 2014-15 as long as it played somewhere in Coventry -16.4%

So only 1/3 want it now/soon. And only 23% said they might support an AFC in the future but no is too soon...and that was only a might..so nowhere near the 80-90% really needed to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

jan87

Just listened to the interview, that man is a complete idiot. If he mentions revenue streams once more I'll scream !!!

Hobo

can i place a bet that certain posters will disagree with your post especially grendel with torch close behind by the way michael your spot on

Yes you can but the odds are crap.
Who cares if they disagree anyway?

RoboCCFC90

We could be back at the Ricoh tomorrow on the most recent rental offer which would be good for the team, good for the fans and better financially than playing at Northampton Town FC

You wonder how many it times it has to be stated before people understand.. The owners of CCFC will not bring the Club back to the Ricoh under the tenancy agreement with the landlord being ACL.

It's not a Pro-Sisu or Pro-ACL argument but considering we are in Northampton with no likely looking return, coupled with the statements on the subject coming out of CCFC regarding no return as tenant then really it would seem pretty obvious.

Michael you're regurgitating an option which the Football Club have previously stated is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

You wonder how many it times it has to be stated before people understand.. The owners of CCFC will not bring the Club back to the Ricoh under the tenancy agreement with the landlord being ACL.

It's not a Pro-Sisu or Pro-ACL argument but considering we are in Northampton with no likely looking return, coupled with the statements on the subject coming out of CCFC regarding no return as tenant then really it would seem pretty obvious.

Michael you're regurgitating an option which the Football Club have previously stated is not an option.

Building a stadium isn't a viable option but they are doing that, if you believe them?

RoboCCFC90

Building a stadium isn't a viable option but they are doing that, if you believe them?

And if you believe the Owners they'd rather purchase the Ricoh how viable is that compared to building a new stadium?

Also I am not convinced by a new stadium but that being said I didn't expect everything to be achieved, I.e Land purchase, planning permission, etc, with 3/4 of a season at Sixfields.

shmmeee

Firstly, since when has what Sisu said bared any relation to reality? It is a pro-Sisu argument to state that their word is law, but anything CCC say can be challenged/changed (freehold not for sale).

Secondly, why should we accept anything the owners say? What have they done to deserve such reverence?

RoboCCFC90

Firstly, since when has what Sisu said bared any relation to reality? It is a pro-Sisu argument to state that their word is law, but anything CCC say can be challenged/changed (freehold not for sale).

Secondly, why should we accept anything the owners say? What have they done to deserve such reverence?

By all means don't accept their word I won't force you too.

Well they said they'd move us out of the Ricoh and guess what........

Spionkop

I was aware of the apparent cut off point and it is disappointing that fans have not grasped the nettle and formed a reclaimed CCFC.
However there is nothing stopping a local team like Sphinx or Coventry United from playing at the Ricoh next season. After the JR it might be something that the Council will consider.
I doubt very much that CCFC fans will be prepared to wait as long as holding on till the club ceases to exist, it could be many years. Already it is clear from comments that patience is wearing thin and some are changing their minds.
If one in 3 on here - in that poll - said they would support an AFC type team representing CCFC, I'd venture that number will have increased a little by now. & it would seem a reasonable base to begin. 2,000/5,000 at Sphinx level is enormous and that sort of support would have them skating through the divisions.
Of course I want CCFC back at the Ricoh, it is by far the best option. But we have insane owners. Who care not a bit for any fans. We are being used by them in a hostage situation.
Barring a massive climb down from Sisu, they aren't coming back.

Otis

Latest kcic mailout -

Time for plain speaking

• with sisu now openly reinventing history it’s time for a reality check and some plain speaking

1. We could be back at the Ricoh tomorrow on the most recent rental offer which would be good for the team, good for the fans and better financially than playing at Northampton Town FC

1. There is not a scrap of evidence to suggest the ‘new ground’ is anything but a smokescreen – a feasible site has not been identified, no land has been purchased, no planning application has been submitted, not even a serious discussion with a local council

1. There seems to be only one rational explanation for sisu’s actions - they want ownership of the Ricoh, and they want it on the cheap

1. No realistic way forward is offered by those whose main interest is being pro/anti acl/sisu, those who advocate the currently unachievable ‘AFC’ option and those who call for disrupting matches (what would SP say to that!)

So kcic will continue to

• boycott City games at Northampton Town FC as without a shadow of a doubt the boycott has attracted most attention and support for our plight
  • support football in Coventry by working with Coventry Sphinx, the senior team now playing in the City
  • promote the epetition at www.FixFootball.co.uk to call to account all those responsible for the mess we are in

The only thing here on the Sphinx thing though Michael, is that many, many people will say Coventry Sphinx are not our club. A new AFC Coventry would be.

standupforcity

Latest kcic mailout -

Time for plain speaking

So kcic will continue to

Well done Michael...good stuff. But you ask what would SP think about disruption. To me protest and boycott for the love of your club, and a genuine concern for it's future, is not disruption. Disruption is an action taken just for the sake of it. That's not what we have here. And to my mind an all-out boycott of Sixfields is a must now, as the season is coming to an end and time is running out. Do we really want next season to start with 'more of the same'?

The Gentleman

What do you expect to happen if ACL/CCC win the JR and subsequent appeals?

RoboCCFC90

What do you expect to happen if ACL/CCC win the JR and subsequent appeals?

If I am honest I genuinely couldn't predict if CCC/ACL or Sisu won the JR, what I'd like to happen if ACL/CCC won is that Sisu sold the Club to someone who could bring the Club home, I don't know whether that is even a remote possibility though at this point.

Moff

Well you beat me too it.

I was going to bet that someone would get their arse in their hand and slag off some other posters, without them even having posted, instead of just focusing on their own opinion. :facepalm:

The Gentleman

And if you believe the Owners they'd rather purchase the Ricoh how viable is that compared to building a new stadium?

Also I am not convinced by a new stadium but that being said I didn't expect everything to be achieved, I.e Land purchase, planning permission, etc, with 3/4 of a season at Sixfields.

So what did you expect to happen in nearly 12 months? I am a building surveyor and know how long these things can take but to not even speak to a local council with serious discussions is all the proof you need. If they were serious then I would have expected a serious discussion with a council, a land purchase (you know what you want and need so therefore easily identified), full plans drawn and submitted for planning permission and more accurate costs based on the build and what infrastructure is going to be needed. Don't forget we only have a time frame of 3-5 years and nearly 1 year in and nothing, people will be taking notice.

Users who are viewing this thread