Tim said we are moving to rugby (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Oh man, I'd like that twice if the forum software allowed.

SkyBlueZack

Funny that.
Everyone saying I hope Wasps go pop fuck um etc.
Then cry when they same wasps don't help us.

Not quite what’s being said. People want wasps to go bust as they don’t belong here. That them going bust might give us a home. I’d prefer personally, for wasps not to help us. Won’t find me crying if they don’t.

Skyblueweeman

So might be that Brentford are going to feel the generosity of the WASPS in the future then!!!!!

I don't get the Brentford link as from what I know, London Irish are leaving the Madejski where they currently play and are going to be the tenants at this new Brentford stadium.

Magwitch

Good, Wasps can go to the Madejksi then just up the road from Wycombe and about halfway between Cov and London, happy days for all.

Warwickhunt

I don't get the Brentford link as from what I know, London Irish are leaving the Madejski where they currently play and are going to be the tenants at this new Brentford stadium.
Its i the link on the start of this thread!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Boddy said we’re worth 2m per season to wasps
Also that they’ve talked to 1 or 2 other clubs about groundshare

Its an indication too of what the club feel they are missing out on isnt it? But the real worth/value to Wasps, or the club for that matter, is not the turnover but the profit from that turnover

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If this has been said then apologies, but TF might be flying a kite. You put out an easily deniable rumour to test how people react and if there is too much negative reaction. If there is a lot, you just deny the story. I know TF denied it pretty quickly which would indicate he wasn't flying a kite. Even so, if this board is anything to go by, TF would be encouraged by the response to the principle of playing in the vicinity of Coventry but in a different ground. The possibility of an alternative to the Ricoh that many fans could live with does strengthen their hand viz a viz Wasps. We need SISU to get a deal.
I think there might be something in what you say. I'm surprised at the enthusiasm to play as far away as Rugby but then again it could have been up to 50 miles. A bit like your dentist telling you that you have gum disease so bad that all of your teeth have to be removed and then to apologise and say you only need root canal surgery on three of the buggers.
I do wonder what the support would be if we were forced out to Rugby / Nuneaton : 4 - 5,000 ? Not good.

bawtryneal

Its an indication too of what the club feel they are missing out on isnt it? But the real worth/value to Wasps, or the club for that matter, is not the turnover but the profit from that turnover

Also has a massive impact on FFP rules and meeting the criteria of salary to turnover ratios.

singers_pore

Boddy said we’re worth 2m per season to wasps
Also that they’ve talked to 1 or 2 other clubs about groundshare

I'd like to see the evidence to support Boddy's claim. I sincerely have my doubts especially as Wasps haven't yet secured naming rights for the stadium

singers_pore

I think there might be something in what you say. I'm surprised at the enthusiasm to play as far away as Rugby but then again it could have been up to 50 miles. A bit like your dentist telling you that you have gum disease so bad that all of your teeth have to be removed and then to apologise and say you only need root canal surgery on three of the buggers.
I do wonder what the support would be if we were forced out to Rugby / Nuneaton : 4 - 5,000 ? Not good.

Paradoxically we might sell more STs if we moved to Rugby because people would worry about the limited supply. With a capacity of say 9,000 we could have ST holders filling the entire ground (bar the seats left for away supporters).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Also has a massive impact on FFP rules and meeting the criteria of salary to turnover ratios.

but only after deduction of the direct costs as far as FFP is concerned.

FFP rules are a calculation it doesnt mean that there is actually enough cash available to pay to the maximum budget calculated

But of course it all helps

shmmeee

I'd like to see the evidence to support Boddy's claim. I sincerely have my doubts especially as Wasps haven't yet secured naming rights for the stadium

What worries me is that he feels he has to make the claim. What happened to being a strong independent black woman who don’t need no man?

Talk of how important we are to them seems like we still need the Ricoh deal and are still hoping to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Though if our best bet at a groundshare currently has something like 200 seats, maybe it’s for the best. Means nothing if it’s just the club though, need to owners to want to stay in Cov too.

ccfcway

I think there might be something in what you say. I'm surprised at the enthusiasm to play as far away as Rugby but then again it could have been up to 50 miles .

I'm the same. Obviously just a personal opinion, but i'm also surprised at the more acceptance of moving out of cov this time compared to last time. A fair few saying "I will follow them this time as it's different"

I agree i'ts different, but think last time we had a stadium to come back to with willing landlords. this time we may not, if wasps or CCC own it.

Last time I could see a way back. This time, it feels even more of a gamble

shmmeee

I'm the same. Obviously just a personal opinion, but i'm also surprised at the more acceptance of moving out of cov this time compared to last time. A fair few saying "I will follow them this time as it's different"

I agree i'ts different, but think last time we had a stadium to come back to with willing landlords. this time we may not, if wasps or CCC own it.

Last time I could see a way back. This time, it feels even more of a gamble

For me it’s different. Last time it was a calculated gamble by the club I didn’t agree with. This time it’s more victim of circumstance. The club itself can’t help being owned by stubborn dickheads. If the legals won’t stop, I’d rather we removed ourselves from the whole thing and got on with finding a stadium. (I will leave getting angry at the lack of a stadium until it happens, which it surely will, but one thing at a time)

ccfcway

For me it’s different. Last time it was a calculated gamble by the club I didn’t agree with. This time it’s more victim of circumstance. The club itself can’t help being owned by stubborn dickheads. If the legals won’t stop, I’d rather we removed ourselves from the whole thing and got on with finding a stadium. (I will leave getting angry at the lack of a stadium until it happens, which it surely will, but one thing at a time)

as I say, its just my opinion.

The one thing that I find interesting is you feel that the 1st move was a calculated gamble by the club, but this one is due to the owners ?

shmmeee

as I say, its just my opinion.

The one thing that I find interesting is you feel that the 1st move was a calculated gamble by the club, but this one is due to the owners ?

I’m being wilfully naive here a bit (no one tell Nick), because deep down I do feel that the club could call their Dad and stop it all. However, my ability to remain connected to the club in the last few years has very much been down to the difference since Boddy came in compared to Fisher and how he’s distanced himself from the owners. It allows me to feel differently about Sisu and CCFC and that carries through to this.

Also the timing is a bitch. In an ideal world we’d have had the judgement back on an appeal and it’d all be a lot more clear cut. At the moment I kind of can’t blame Sisu in a weird way for not wanting to give up now.

Hobo

You're so tied up in knots it is unreal. I hope Wasps go pop so we don't need them to 'help'us.
That's a bit like Wasp's fans hoping Cov go pop so we don't shaft them through litigation.

Whether you support Cov or Wasps there are long term genuine fans on both sides. Neither have control over their club's policies. They just support their team and have to swallow the owner's corporate shit.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Paradoxically we might sell more STs if we moved to Rugby because people would worry about the limited supply. With a capacity of say 9,000 we could have ST holders filling the entire ground (bar the seats left for away supporters).
I'd like you to be right but I doubt we'd sell half that. If, however, it was announced that we'd be away for 3 years while a new stadium was being built, and it really was, I suspect there might be more takers.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Couple of thoughts about moving away to ground share and building a new stadium

The last time we moved out the 2013/14 financials showed a 9.4m loss but included 2.2m goodwill write off. So club "normal" losses for that season 7.2m after interest. There might be more fans that go this time (say £1m) , and perhaps total costs before interest charges might be lower (2m). Interest although not paid will most likely still be a charge on the P&L acc approx £1.9m. So say potential losses of £4m after deducting interest. The club doesn't break even now. It looks to me like there is going to be significant losses and short of cash flow unless there are major player sales or SISU step in to provide significant funding. In 2013/14 there was over £6m additional funding provided. The exile might not be for a year ..... then what?

Building our own stadium. I accept that there might be ways to bring funding in ala Tesco at the Ricoh, what if there isn't or it doesn't fund it all? What if the only sites available don't provide the means to do a Tesco type deal. That means loans or other investors who would very likely want a return on their money. Say the need is to find £20m then at 3% that is an annual cost of £600k before paying off any capital or the 24/7/365 running costs of the stadium. That's a lot of pies to sell to fund it. Which means all these additional income sources profits fund the stadium not the team. One big problem we also have is CCFC doesnt have an initial contribution it can make to mitigate the build cost.

Of course on the positive side it would probably make us more attractive to sell. But if the plan is to build our own stadium to create that then we are talking years of funding potential losses, which might negate any gain created by the build in the first place

Worrying

fernandopartridge

Of course on the positive side it would probably make us more attractive to sell. But if the plan is to build our own stadium to create that then we are talking years of funding potential losses, which might negate any gain created by the build in the first place

Worrying

Understand all that, but what's the alternative arrangement at the Arena that also will not cost the club a significant capital outlay and will not still lead to a position of years of losses?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Understand all that, but what's the alternative arrangement at the Arena that also will not cost the club a significant capital outlay and will not still lead to a position of years of losses?

I dont know if there is one fp. We have been screwed financially for years and at some point it comes home to roost. Either way i am worried and it is a matter of finding a solution that does least damage

But it isnt just a problem for CCFC many clubs appear to going round in circles trying to survive. Until the football authorities grow some and deal with it all properly i am not sure what changes

My comments were prompted by a number of posts really where people assume moving out or building our own will solve our problems. Having fixed assets on the balance sheet might solve SISU problem but ..........

NorthernWisdom

We have been screwed financially for years and at some point it comes home to roost.
Been my worry for years, we've been in a slow inevitable decline to oblivion.

Arguably, the positive is we haven't got therre yet (I thought we would!) but then I've always been a fan of dignitas when it comes to the end. Know it won't make me popular around here but, if we move without any cunning plan to return in some way, shape, or form, then I'd say if it were to be done, 'tis best it were done quickly...

shmmeee

Been my worry for years, we've been in a slow inevitable decline to oblivion.

Arguably, the positive is we haven't got therre yet (I thought we would!) but then I've always been a fan of dignitas when it comes to the end. Know it won't make me popular around here but, if we move without any cunning plan to return in some way, shape, or form, then I'd say if it were to be done, 'tis best it were done quickly...

You voted C then ;)

CCFC88

Selling 5-6000 season tickets to people who are going to have to stand for 2 hours, most without a roof I believe. Think you're a bit far of the mark there 2-3000 max ST sales for me with the stadium as it is currently.

Users who are viewing this thread