TIM FISHER's BPA Lies (2 Viewers)

wingy

The only reason fisher claims its in the bottom half was, of course to justify his statement that immediately followed that one.

Also as I keep saying budgets are totally and completely irrelevant. They are a mathematical calculation and not what is spent.

Last season the club clearly was in the top end and it also clearly overspent its budget
So do we assume it was as high as £2.9M?
The forecast £2.3M plus Joys injection, or did 11000 per match generate £1.7m?

Captain Dart

Sounds like a good idea.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They can't move the goalposts. The calculations are fixed based off projected earnings. Waggott got them wrong and in addition we signed far far more players in January than needed.

By that point we were clearly heading to an embargo and running out of cash.

Generally agree but not sure it is all down to waggot getting the figures wrong. Find it difficult to believe that the number crunchers at Sisu hq haven't been all over the figures. Fisher said that major decisions at Ccfc are signed off by Sisu...... annual budgets are major decisions. Similarly how is it they or the club didn't monitor the situation more closely? - an adjustment week 5 will have an effect week 52.

There is an element of its someone else's fault.

But as grendel says budgets are only calculations what counts is actual cash.

So what went wrong? They knew the season ticket sales by August and how that affected the budget, they couldn't rely on a deficit being made up from walk ups. Yet didn't adjust the budget? Sisu didn't oversee the budget ? Then they got the rise in average crowd which was made up of full price tickets? Yet still needed 750k short term loan from the owners, what expense in there was not expected that required such action..... they knew wage costs from August latest, season tickets had been mostly sold by that time.

To be honest water under the bridge , we will never know what really went on.

It is cash flow not budget that is important. The only way they make it work is by selling players, with front loaded payments I would think. That last bit is important because it indicates how desperate for cash they are, that the overall value will be negotiated down by the buyer the higher the upfront payment. When we are unable to create players of significant value and the performance payments run out then the problems really ramp up

Sky Blue Harry H

Like the advert idea - do we know how SISU hedge fund investors get to make a nuisance of themselves. Can we, as a group of fans by a share/shares in SISU (don't laugh - yet!) and cause mischief from within?

Captain Dart

Like the advert idea - do we know how SISU hedge fund investors get to make a nuisance of themselves. Can we, as a group of fans by a share/shares in SISU (don't laugh - yet!) and cause mischief from within?

No but it might be possible to do something with Brody. Didn't the SBT offer to buy his shares?

Sky Blue Harry H

No but it might be possible to do something with Brody. Didn't the SBT offer to buy his shares?

Thanks Captain, as the old adage goes ' there's more than one way to skin a cat' and I'd be surprised if between all the skill sets available to us on here (awaits guffaws!) that we can't find some way to cause maximum lawful discomfort.

Irish Sky Blue

Agree. A full page advert in the FT or Times.
If every Cov fan donated £2 it would pay for it.
I will start the fund with a £100

I would certainly do this. Charlton apparently have a fighting fund of 30k I think I read. Maybe something for the Trust or got the Fight the Jimmy Hill Way group to coordinate.

chiefdave

Agreed. The target audience for this should be within the financial sector, as its the only thing JS is really interested in. By highlighting the poor performance of her investment and lack of competence
It would certainly be the most effective way to get at SISU. But how do they perform overall. If the funds are providing growth overall how concerned would the investors be about the individual components of the fund?

Irish Sky Blue

It would certainly be the most effective way to get at SISU. But how do they perform overall. If the funds are providing growth overall how concerned would the investors be about the individual components of the fund?
I thought Sisu were struggling financially?

Sky Blue Harry H

Generally agree but not sure it is all down to waggot getting the figures wrong. Find it difficult to believe that the number crunchers at Sisu hq haven't been all over the figures. Fisher said that major decisions at Ccfc are signed off by Sisu...... annual budgets are major decisions. Similarly how is it they or the club didn't monitor the situation more closely? - an adjustment week 5 will have an effect week 52.

There is an element of its someone else's fault.

But as grendel says budgets are only calculations what counts is actual cash.

So what went wrong? They knew the season ticket sales by August and how that affected the budget, they couldn't rely on a deficit being made up from walk ups. Yet didn't adjust the budget? Sisu didn't oversee the budget ? Then they got the rise in average crowd which was made up of full price tickets? Yet still needed 750k short term loan from the owners, what expense in there was not expected that required such action..... they knew wage costs from August latest, season tickets had been mostly sold by that time.

To be honest water under the bridge , we will never know what really went on.

It is cash flow not budget that is important. The only way they make it work is by selling players, with front loaded payments I would think. That last bit is important because it indicates how desperate for cash they are, that the overall value will be negotiated down by the buyer the higher the upfront payment. When we are unable to create players of significant value and the performance payments run out then the problems really ramp up

In which case, if season tickets dip significantly next year (on the assumption that there is no positive news for fans in the meantime), there will be an almost laughably small squad next year padded out with academy players. TF will almost be at the point where he will want to clear out any players who are above minimum wages, plus anyone with ££ value (Rose, Jones, Stevenson, Willis?), those out of contract and next to no incoming players. We will have the youngest team in any division next season.

Nick

Administrator
The advert is a good idea! It would need to cut out any anger etc and be professional.

It would need somebody to check also if they would actually print that sort of thing, otherwise people would be doing it against their competitors every week ;)

Calista

The (apparent) lack of honesty in communications over several years is worth mentioning:
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/shock-horror-tim-found-out-again.54325/

Seppala and Fisher appear to stand side by side on the stadium plans, and they’ve done little or nothing to counter the impression that they have repeatedly misled people. I mean, if Rugby Borough Council got their facts wrong in the above case, with reputations at stake surely it was vital to put the record straight - but as far as I recall nobody bothered. And so you end up with threads like this one, where the Chairman of CCFC can be accused of lying and nobody bats an eyelid. Regardless of who is right or wrong on this occasion, there is absolutely no trust.

My thought is - are the shareholders/investors being fed the same dodgy diet of information as the fans and if so, are they as happy with it as we are?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
In which case, if season tickets dip significantly next year (on the assumption that there is no positive news for fans in the meantime), there will be an almost laughably small squad next year padded out with academy players. TF will almost be at the point where he will want to clear out any players who are above minimum wages, plus anyone with ££ value (Rose, Jones, Stevenson, Willis?), those out of contract and next to no incoming players. We will have the youngest team in any division next season.

Looks that way doesn't it ...... and seemingly TF Isnt too concerned so long as he balances cash flow

chiefdave

I thought Sisu were struggling financially?
They may well be, if they are that would be a big help to anything that targets them. You would assume if SISU are struggling it means their funds are struggling but that is really the key. Lets face it the type of people that would be reading this wouldn't give a shit about the demise of a football club. It will purely come down to if it hits them in the pocket.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Well we should know how Sisu capital were doing up to 31/03/2016 by the end of this month when they file at companies house

torchomatic

Getting someone in who isn't a smug bastard would be a start.

Par for the course though when people get into those positions, isn't it?

Grendel

I would certainly do this. Charlton apparently have a fighting fund of 30k I think I read. Maybe something for the Trust or got the Fight the Jimmy Hill Way group to coordinate.

Looking at their artwork for the last attempt I think not.

Grendel

Why not make positive comments instead of constant criticism. What we need now is unity.
You have some good ideas and thoughts, so why not support and advise instead of negativity to those who are making an effort.

It was. The problems are numerous.

1. Attract interest to the advert - so probably needs audience association. So I guess Jimmy hill would be prominent to get attention and I guess comparisons to then and now.
2. Do you target seppella or investors. I suspect the talk about reputational damage is nonsense. I don't know how they get investors but its surely companies via bonds and therefore a large proportion will not even know where the funds are
3 A marketing agency must be employed to create and design from a detailed brief. It's a must other wise it's amateur hour

You can do media placement but that's lobal normally so probably wouldn't work but you can employ PR people (essentially freelance journalists) pretty cheaply to place relevant news items. So if a paper featured something on fund management reference to sisu and their catastrophic management ability could be inserted.

skybluedan

Who else could coordinate the collection of such a fund? I suppose we could ask Tim!

We won't be able to ask him because the middle of next week Tim is going to start feeling a little bit ill, Im starting to try internet voodoo and he's first on me list

Colin Steins Smile

Good point, an investors exposure to risk would depend on the weighting of their investment and what percentage was with the club. However, I don't know of any investor who wouldn't want an improved outcome - especially if they can see that the football investment will never pay a dividend.

Evo1883

So it's pretty much been confirmed fisher was telling porkies about supporters ruining the BPA potential deal

trevelfarandwide

Have to say this pleases me, if we move to the BPA I think it would remove any (outside) chance
Of us ever returning to the big time, can't see anymore than 12.000 being allowed there.

i really don't think we have 8 years, we will be finished in 2. IMHO

2 months? ;-) I wholeheartedly agree.

As for Timmy's pathetic attempts to shovel blame on the fans, would he care to voice this to us personally? Y'know, perhaps in the center of the pitch at the next home game...there might only be about 50 of us left at that point, but I'm sure a few of us could catch him and 'rebuke his claims' strenuously before he escapes to his car.

What an absolute c**t that man is.

Gosford Green

Fisher blaming fans for the end of any move to BPA has backfired enormously, Mr Sharp making that statement so soon ruling out any CCFC ground share at the BPA removed any doubt of what they think about the people with whom they would have been
working with.

He went on to say Cov Rugby are working well with Wasps, which is as good as saying the problem is with SISU.

When Fisher has bullshited and fed misinformation in the past it's taken months or a court case to expose his bollocks but in this case he's been outed in 48 hours.

Captain Dart

has Sharpe ruled out the ground share now?

For heavens sake Nick it was never on the cards, just like SISU buying the Arena was never on the cards.
In my opinion once ARVO became involved and Seppala took charge the club was only going to be an asset stripping exercise.
I think there will be one more SISU season before she spits out the husk and sells to the highest bidder.

* All my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
For heavens sake Nick it was never on the cards, just like SISU buying the Arena was never on the cards.
In my opinion once ARVO became involved and Seppala took charge the club was only going to be an asset stripping exercise.
I think there will be one more SISU season before she spits out the husk and sells to the highest bidder.

* All my opinion.

I asked if he had ruled it out didn't I? Not sure what the heaven's sake, followed by something random was all about.

Users who are viewing this thread