tim fisher (1 Viewer)

just listened to him, he said deloittes should get involved to double check all figures. that £400k is fine rentwise just need matchday revenue. jacki isaacs or acl chairman have not been to a meeting. said rent issue wasnt the reason robbo left then in a roundabout way said it was. nothing else really same old same old

torchomatic

"Hell will freeze over" before the Club is given revenue from naming rights, concessions, car parking etc. Don't forget that bit.

dongonzalos

Did he say why he had been slagging Robins off to the bbc but at the same time asking Robins if he wanted to meet up for dinner?

Tells you all you need to know.

Second hand car sir?

well spotted torchy, lol. well one side is fibbing bout the revenue. funny how everything was agreed with the clubs directors. robins meets with the clubs owner next thing hes gone cuz he cant get assurances and talks collapse with acl telling SISU to get out of cov

valiant15

Why should the club get naming rights etc? Didn't the club sell its stake in everything in about 2003? It's a football club,why should it be given things for free?

Lord_Nampil

What's the way forward??? Personally the third party one seems to be the only way forward to me! ACL and the club, can't stop agreeing to disagreeing as a result as much as we have major headlines nothing has changed! After he was on a councillor said she would live and be happy with the club being liquidated and being part if a council that did that!!!

torchomatic

No. Interestingly though, he did say that Robins left not because of the Rent issue but because the club couldn't guarantee extra revenue because of the FFP rules. The only way we can get more money is from car parking, naming rights, concessions, etc. That would give us more money for on-the-pitch spending. However, as you may have heard the (Coventry City supporting) Council and (good ole) ACL said hell will freeze over before we get access to those revenue streams.

You will spin it, no doubt, but things are not as clear cut as you or I believe, regardless of who your sympathy lies with.

Did he say why he had been slagging Robins off to the bbc but at the same time asking Robins if he wanted to meet up for dinner?

Second hand car sir?

dantheman

Why should the club get naming rights etc? Didn't the club sell its stake in everything in about 2003? It's a football club,why should it be given things for free?

........because it is the Club that generates it ????

We should boycott ALL concessions car parking etc until we get these revenue streams back into the Club. For me it's just another way for the council to tax us.

torchomatic

It's about having access to revenue. And why shouldn't we have access? Things were fine pre-2003 when we owned everything but your mate, you know the guy who "is not as bad as everyone makes out" decided we needed a new ground to play in.

You need to ask yourself WHY we had to sell our stake in everything. That is where this sorry tale started.

And without us there wouldn't be any revenue!!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

It's wall-to-wall bullshit from everyone on both sides, just airing their shitty laundry in public. It'd be nice if someone independent could come in, if only to give both sides a smack around the face.

torchomatic

Agree, AJ. Fisher spins as much as ACL. I think it was poor from ACL to go public yesterday of all days too. People go on about SISU/Fisher/The Club being unprofessional...ACL don't actually come out of this very well either.

RoboCCFC90

No. Interestingly though, he did say that Robins left not because of the Rent issue but because the club couldn't guarantee extra revenue because of the FFP rules. The only way we can get more money is from car parking, naming rights, concessions, etc. That would give us more money for on-the-pitch spending. However, as you may have heard the (Coventry City supporting) Council and (good ole) ACL said hell will freeze over before we get access to those revenue streams.

You will spin it, no doubt, but things are not as clear cut as you or I believe, regardless of who your sympathy lies with.

And that's just unbelievable if we pay a rent of about £400K you would expect that the club get as many revenue streams as that is involved with the Football Club, yet ACL are determinded to hold onto these streams to ensure they line there back pockets..

IF SISU had 30 Mil to build a new stadium though which was what was reported yesterday why not use it to try and buy the Ricoh?

dantheman

And that's just unbelievable if we pay a rent of about £400K you would expect that the club get as many revenue streams as that is involved with the Football Club, yet ACL are determinded to hold onto these streams to ensure they line there back pockets..

IF SISU had 30 Mil to build a new stadium though which was what was reported yesterday why not use it to try and buy the Ricoh?

They would have to pay the council's valuation of it which could be any figure they decided on any given day.

Lord_Nampil

As a hedge fund would it be easier to get investors involved to build a stadium rather than buy one???

valiant15

Because its bollox that's why. I was under the impression that the club get all the revenue from the car parks on matchdays? Torchy,richardson isn't my mate,do you know why i don't go on about him? He left 12 years ago,ancient history,what's done is done. When your mates at sisu finally sod off i won't waste my breath talking about them either.

AFCCOVENTRY

I love the fact the 2 people from acl who have been publically slagging off the club are never at the meetings!

Acl broke away and started spouting to the media with statements when they agreed with Sisu not to play this in public.

I'm afraid acl is run by amauters. Just look at the boards cvs.

RoboCCFC90

They would have to pay the council's valuation of it which could be any figure they decided on any given day.

This is true I guess, they could out price SISU on the ground..

Grendel

Second hand car sir?

Oh are you saying that fisher admitted that? When?

RoboCCFC90

As a hedge fund would it be easier to get investors involved to build a stadium rather than buy one???

Probably not as you have to asses so many things when building a new ground and unfortunately SISU don't have that time scale to get CCFC something which is going to suit our needs and potential..

ajsccfc

The worst part about all this is that 10 days ago all people were talking about was football, now it's finance that few understand and politicking that nobody believes. I miss sport.

torchomatic

Well, your impression is wrong. They don't. My Dad pays for our pass for Car Park C and it has always been paid to ACL never the club. The Club do not see a penny. We pay £200 a year, so times that by a full car park - or at a tenner a time for the people who just turn up. Nice little earner, eh?

Because its bollox that's why. I was under the impression that the club get all the revenue from the car parks on matchdays? Torchy,richardson isn't my mate,do you know why i don't go on about him? He left 12 years ago,ancient history,what's done is done. When your mates at sisu finally sod off i won't waste my breath talking about them either.

dongonzalos

Oh are you saying that fisher admitted that? When?

Mark robins live on BBC said I have left in very good terms I have just been on the phone to Tim Fisher talking about meeting up for dinner .

Also the owner has sent me some good luck messages.

The BBC then covered TF slagging Robins off.

Maybe MR is making it all up?

dongonzalos

Well, your impression is wrong. They don't. My Dad pays for our pass for Car Park C and it has always been paid to ACL never the club. The Club do not see a penny. We pay £200 a year, so times that by a full car park - or at a tenner a time for the people who just turn up. Nice little earner, eh?

Hasn't this been discussed before
Grendel was it not with you.
Didn't someone explain, correct me if I am wrong.

That the club sold the parking rights and took the money instead.
Now they have been sold onto another private company not even ACL?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Originally Posted by Waldorf:
There's some real crap being talked on this thread. The FACTS are as follows:
1. ACL take the same amount in match day fees that they do for every other match (this is the only money The club are paying them)
2. ACL share the profits from the food and drink concessions half and half with Compass. (This is the part they have offered to the club)
3. ACL sold the car parking concession to the club, who sold it on for a lump sum, so neither ACL nor the club will get anything from car parking, and have no control over pricing.

Now we've got the facts straight, maybe we can have a proper, informed discussion.

dongonzalos

The above is not my opinion just what someone else said on the matter before.
I haven't a clue who owns the parking rights

Grendel

Mark robins live on BBC said I have left in very good terms I have just been on the phone to Tim Fisher talking about meeting up for dinner .

Yes Don heads it up to appease fans. Amazingly there is one that is gullible enough to believe him.

Is this the best you can do?

torchomatic

I don't. My Dad does. My point was that you thought it went to CCFC. It doesn't.

Well dont pay it then. Park in a pub cark park for a fiver and walk,put the money you save towards next years st.

SkyBlueRuffian

I don't believe anything that smug runt Robins says anymore.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

I said this yesterday...Is the (Alleged) half share of ACL shares a half share of the Ricoh, or a half share of ACL's share?...The price being(Allegedly) £10m.
If SISU claim they will build a stadium for £30m, why not find another £10m and buy the Ricoh "Outright"...(If the £10m is a quarter share)
You can slag ACL off as much as you like...The biggest conmen here are "Septic Sepalla and SISU

dantheman

Why would he make it up? He has left now and gains nothing by saying it. If Robins is the target for the venom it takes the heat off who?? This is what we need to decide,and don't forget the nice little windfall we have just received for Robins what is that going to be spent on??

Users who are viewing this thread