Tier 3 for us (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

I see that Coventry, Warwickshire & Birmingham are all announced in tier 3 by the government today.

So it looks like we won't be attending any matches in the near future. Bad news!

Bugsy

Pezza

The whole system in the UK is a joke, replacing lockdown with lockdown for 80% of the country. I live in Copenhagen and it's a big city but the restrictions are nowhere as strict here. The blow back in 2021, economically is going to be huge and feel we will be looking back and saying "what the hell we were doing".

Rich

This is Bedworth and Nuneaton. Fucking weird spike ain't it, strange how it happens to be the week that the government have based their figures on.
1606402668313.png

Magwitch

All being reviewed on December 16th my money is on is being raised to tier 2 then. Doubt that will be in time to be allowed back to footie before Christmas but hopefully will happen early into in the New Year.

christonabike

If we’re aren’t out of this shit by 16/12/2020 I’m writing a strongly worded letter to Boris that should do it! Or send my mate around ...

Attachments

• 10C48D00-A2F3-4A6E-A300-6BB1279FDE1C.jpeg
    10C48D00-A2F3-4A6E-A300-6BB1279FDE1C.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 12

Nick

Administrator
What I dont get is if the Tiers are going to change every 2 weeks, how are clubs meant to organise things and putting matches on for fans? What if a match is due to fall on the 15th day and they will have no idea if fans can come in that day?

wingy

This is Bedworth and Nuneaton. Fucking weird spike ain't it, strange how it happens to be the week that the government have based their figures on.
View attachment 17617

Be good to see both weeks before Rich , maybe a couple more before that too .
See what it was like before and immediately after half term ,wondering if that spike coincides anywhere

Grendel

What I dont get is if the Tiers are going to change every 2 weeks, how are clubs meant to organise things and putting matches on for fans? What if a match is due to fall on the 15th day and they will have no idea if fans can come in that day?

I doubt we’d be putting a game in anyway in these conditions

chiefdave

Same problem places like the Belgrade have. Get told they'll be allowed to open up with a socially distanced audience, book things in and sell tickets, get told they can't have anyone in.

Rich

That spike was two weeks a go. You should work for the government as you have a knack of manipulating stats
That’s the week the nobs have based their stats on. I haven’t manipulated anything just shown the graph for the last month.
There’s the graph from the start. There’s absolutely no reason for that spike. The numbers went up by 3000 literally overnight D6D54502-5380-4E28-A6DA-BEAF1E5DFE9E.jpeg

BornSlippySkyBlue

View attachment 17617
A ‘cluster’ of cases? One of the reasons the ZOE study was created was to help identify local clusters before the official data (or because the official testing didn’t work when ZOE was set up). Was there an outbreak at a factory or schools maybe? At a local level it doesn’t take ‘that’ many cases to cause a spike. In all the time I’ve used that app though the Birmingham data has never had such a sudden spike, even when the Unis returned and there were loads of cases , but maybe it’s larger population ‘hides’ a cluster to some degree.

FWIW I don’t think they looked at that level of detail, they took the rate across much bigger areas, and across the Midlands as a whole the rate was pretty bad. We’re all in it together remember ;)

Rich

A ‘cluster’ of cases? One of the reasons the ZOE study was created was to help identify local clusters before the official data (or because the official testing didn’t work when ZOE was set up). Was there an outbreak at a factory or schools maybe? At a local level it doesn’t take ‘that’ many cases to cause a spike. In all the time I’ve used that app though the Birmingham data has never had such a sudden spike, even when the Unis returned and there were loads of cases , but maybe it’s larger population ‘hides’ a cluster to some degree.

FWIW I don’t think they looked at that level of detail, they took the rate across much bigger areas, and across the Midlands as a whole the rate was pretty bad. We’re all in it together remember ;)

No big outbreaks at all. The one big change that I did see was they opened the Civic Hall for testing. Wonder if they got a sudden rush of positives seeing as people didn’t have to drive to the Ricoh that then made it look worse. This would’ve stabilised now that the facility has been open longer.

BornSlippySkyBlue

No big outbreaks at all. The one big change that I did see was they opened the Civic Hall for testing. Wonder if they got a sudden rush of positives seeing as people didn’t have to drive to the Ricoh that then made it look worse. This would’ve stabilised now that the facility has been open longer.
Don’t think it works like that with the ZOE data, in theory more testing should make their data more accurate as they tie the self-reported symptoms back to positive tests to give them an idea what proportion of the population are currently infected. More testing should mean a higher confidence in the estimate.

Apologies for the source (but they are quoting official data), but could it be to do with this:

SBT

All being reviewed on December 16th my money is on is being raised to tier 2 then. Doubt that will be in time to be allowed back to footie before Christmas but hopefully will happen early into in the New Year.

The Times says it’s unlikely that any tiers will get relaxed until the new year, let alone a fortnight. Apparently they want to see what the impact of the relaxed Christmas rules will be first.

Otis

The Times says it’s unlikely that any tiers will get relaxed until the new year, let alone a fortnight. Apparently they want to see what the impact of the relaxed Christmas rules will be first.
And we all know the answer to that don't we, if the scientific calculations are to be believed.

SBT

And we all know the answer to that don't we, if the scientific calculations are to be believed.

If I knew I had to spend Christmas at home in exchange for a chance that we could move up a tier not long after, it would be a no-brainer for me. But looks like the desire to have a ‘normal’ Christmas no matter what has already won. I’m sure it makes sense to someone.

BornSlippySkyBlue

If I knew I had to spend Christmas at home in exchange for a chance that we could move up a tier not long after, it would be a no-brainer for me. But looks like the desire to have a ‘normal’ Christmas no matter what has already won. I’m sure it makes sense to someone.
I seem to be the only member of both sides of my family that thinks it’s a dumb idea so what can you do? Either insist and be ‘that bloke’ (thanks dad) or get on with it and cross your fingers.

Anyway they want us all locked down in January to stop the riots when all the food and medicine gets stuck in the Republic of Kent and the penny finally drops.:ROFLMAO:

Brighton Sky Blue

I seem to be the only member of both sides of my family that thinks it’s a dumb idea so what can you do? Either insist and be ‘that bloke’ (thanks dad) or get on with it and cross your fingers.

Anyway they want us all locked down in January to stop the riots when all the food and medicine gets stuck in the Republic of Kent and the penny finally drops.:ROFLMAO:

January’s shit at the best of times!

Users who are viewing this thread