TICKETS (2 Viewers)

WestEndAgro

Quick question if anyone can help?
I received a email confirmation for my second season ticket purchase, but nothing for my ticket which was a add to card purchase.
Has this happened to anyone else?

chiefdave

The council can’t “dictate” anything. They have to operate within the confines of the law.
The licensing committee would only have grounds to act if the club’s actions directly threatened the safety of fans.
You must have been in very different event licensing meetings to me. All the ones I've ever been involved in have much been the licensing committee dictating the terms of the license

What's your suggestion? We ignore the advise, let more people into the ground, likely invalidating the event insurance putting the club at huge financial risk and then if the license is suspended or altered tell Frasers they should just drag the council through the courts to challenge it?

What is theoretically possible and what can be done on a realistic level aren't always the same thing, we'd all love the entire ground open and all think its crazy that its not. There's two ways that gets changed, either by negotiation or embarrassment, we need the local media highlighting how we're being treated differently to other clubs and pushing for answers as to why that is the case

GaryPendrysEyes

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) is a multi-agency advisory group consisting of the following core members or their authorised representatives:
  • Coventry City Council - Lead Officer for sports ground safety.
  • Coventry City Council - Building Control Officer.
  • West Midlands Police – Superintendent or Chief Inspector.
  • West Midlands Fire Service – Watch Manager.
  • West Midlands Ambulance Service – Emergency Preparedness Officer.
Plus: Invited representation.

I assume minutes must be published somewhere. Anyone come across any??

Calista

It was a mistake and completely wrong to allow season ticket holders to buy more than one ticket and move seats. Overcomplicated the process and unfair on general sales.
Extra tickets for ST holders is fine and makes sense for away games / Wembley etc. because you can select a bunch of seats together. Bad idea for a home game because if people want to sit together they will need to jump to another part of the stadium from their normal seat, and as we have seen the online systems have a lot of quirks.

Garlana86

So the twitter post from yesterday on the game being sold out had a message at the end indicating they'd update on availability today, is there still a chance they open up more seats or should I just give up and get on eBay and try buy one for whatever the going rate is? 😂

ceetee

I had an email confirmation for my ticket which was added to my card so I'll print it and take it with me

Stafford_SkBlue

Total Shambles for delaying in information and distribution of the tickets. Is Doug King getting too involved in these decisions? Middlesbrough used their points system for their home leg, set quite low but helps to keep out who have not been for a few seasons, why could we not do that, then you could have a reasonable flow of people buying tickets through ticket master.
Now to season tickets, Block A ST holders are being kicked out, but when you look at the available seats for the premier class, there are no reasonable seats left if you have two or three together. I would have expected at least an email about this and some way they can find alternative seats etc.

slowpoke

Relax folk's, I'm certain the remaining blocks will go on sale today. Good luck to those ticket less fans, they will sell in minutes.
Makes sense, sell what blocks are available first then if they all sell which I’m sure they will look at the blocks still vacant. Still got three days before Sunday.

Robinshio

Extra tickets for ST holders is fine and makes sense for away games / Wembley etc. because you can select a bunch of seats together. Bad idea for a home game because if people want to sit together they will need to jump to another part of the stadium from their normal seat, and as we have seen the online systems have a lot of quirks.
they should be able to manage it so as soon as the STH uses their allocation , their original seat is released
Surely that is not too hard to program

GaryPendrysEyes

Makes sense, sell what blocks are available first then if they all sell which I’m sure they will look at the blocks still vacant. Still got three days before Sunday.
No it doesn’t make any sense for fans who have to repeatedly queue and wait to get tickets day after day.
It was obvious for weeks that this would easily sell out. Everything should have just been put out there and keep it as simple as possible.

Ashdown

Agree on mistake but for the club, it didn’t over complicate the process, it streamlined it as sales could be made quicker and easier allowing for faster distribution.
It would have been right but more complicated and time consuming to sell them in order of priority points, above 1,000 first, then 900-1000 etc but could have still has flaws in that where someone could not have gone this season to a single game but had a ST at blues and picked up a lot of priority points from having that ST. Should they then be ahead of someone buying this year in their first season?

Reality is that these games can sell twice over for any club with fans who have been before at some stage, no ST holder is buying for a first time.

It’s a shame but a reality that some will get lucky and sadly others will have to watch in the pub, home or elsewhere.
It’s a complete nonsense whereby as I’ve said before, there will be several thousand people at this game i imagine who are there for the one off novelty of it because the club has royally fucked over many proper supporters. I hope they don’t make the same mistake if we did get through to the final 😡

rob9872

Fook me! So you think people with season tickets should be behind people with more points for a fekkin home game? You wouldn't fall into that category would you by any chance? Unbelievable!!

Garlana86

it they do find more seats - which they will, they should 100% go based on points
Even if it is only say 100+ at least it would remove the non city fans
Whilst I agree with you, I doubt they will, considering they just allowed thousands of non fans to buy them, will be like admitting they made a mistake...which would be refreshing to see of course.

rob9872

They have a very small window to sell tickets with home game first. ST holders all have one they can't then keep releasing spits for a few and potentially miss mass sale.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Was your second child born 9 months after we were top of the league after 3 games??
No, actually after the 3rd game, he was due the day we were playing Wimbledon at Palace stadium, wife said she was feeling good so go to the game at 1, we arrived at half time but still saw us top the first ever premier league and he was born Monday

Calista

There were a fair few (and there may possibly still be the odd one or 2 in and out of people's baskets) available in the family stand.... but nobody could buy them as you had to buy an adult ticket with a kids, So unless you got 2 in your basket and changed one of them to a child's ticket you couldn't buy them.
Which would have been OK if it had been clear. But it offered you a seat in a 'Standard' zone, let you select and take it forward. But then it told you it didn't meet your 'criteria' and asked you to clear your (non existent) filters. System just badly configured.
I'm not an ST holder so I don't expect anything, but I got into the 'purchase seats' bit immediately after 8 o'clock and wasted the rest of the evening watching circles going around and getting nonsensical messages.

Sky Blue Pete

No it doesn’t make any sense for fans who have to repeatedly queue and wait to get tickets day after day.
It was obvious for weeks that this would easily sell out. Everything should have just been put out there and keep it as simple as possible.
You ever bought a ticket for a gig

GaryPendrysEyes

Fook me! So you think people with season tickets should be behind people with more points for a fekkin home game? You wouldn't fall into that category would you by any chance? Unbelievable!!
What on earth are you talking about?
Season tickets holders had chance to buy +1 in the first phase. What many have suggested is that points holders should have had a phase as a reward for their loyalty.

bigfatronssba

You must have been in very different event licensing meetings to me. All the ones I've ever been involved in have much been the licensing committee dictating the terms of the license

What's your suggestion? We ignore the advise, let more people into the ground, likely invalidating the event insurance putting the club at huge financial risk and then if the license is suspended or altered tell Frasers they should just drag the council through the courts to challenge it?

What is theoretically possible and what can be done on a realistic level aren't always the same thing, we'd all love the entire ground open and all think its crazy that its not. There's two ways that gets changed, either by negotiation or embarrassment, we need the local media highlighting how we're being treated differently to other clubs and pushing for answers as to why that is the case

Any action taken by the licensing committee can be legally challenged.

We don't know what the details are with the insurance etc. If that is the issue the club should come out and say so.

You won't be able to embarrass the SAG or the police, as they will correctly point out that the club controls ticket sales. The police have already said that they have not objected to those blocks opening up.

If the club aren't going to be transparent on this, then we can only assume that they are embarrassed to reveal real reason, and that is they have no confidence in their own ability to control a large crowd.

GaryPendrysEyes

Yeah and it’s been a nightmare every time
No idea what you’re doing. I’ve never had a problem.
Then again gig tickets aren’t sold to prioritised groups in networks, with +1’s. Where you struggle to keep your regular seat and keep network members together.
You don’t really think this is the same as people buying a gig ticket do you?
Baffling.

ovduk78

What on earth are you talking about?
Season tickets holders had chance to buy +1 in the first phase. What many have suggested is that points holders should have had a phase as a reward for their loyalty.
Aren't those with most points season ticket holders anyway? I've no idea how fans have accrued so many points.
I managed to get 2 together at 8:36, no idea how as up to then only singles had been coming up as available. It seems there were a few fans who had managed to put tickets in their basket but then didn't have a customer number to log in with.

skybluelee

There were a fair few (and there may possibly still be the odd one or 2 in and out of people's baskets) available in the family stand.... but nobody could buy them as you had to buy an adult ticket with a kids, So unless you got 2 in your basket and changed one of them to a child's ticket you couldn't buy them.
Same happened with the odd seat showing in other blocks too, all over the stadium

Bugsy

slowpoke

Any action taken by the licensing committee can be legally challenged.

We don't know what the details are with the insurance etc. If that is the issue the club should come out and say so.

You won't be able to embarrass the SAG or the police, as they will correctly point out that the club controls ticket sales. The police have already said that they have not objected to those blocks opening up.

If the club aren't going to be transparent on this, then we can only assume that they are embarrassed to reveal real reason, and that is they have no confidence in their own ability to control a large crowd.
I’m not sticking up for the club or anybody else but this match is a bit of a one off ticket wise where everyone including ST holders are buying in just a few days, lessons will be learned, they will have to be, should we get to the prem i reckon sell out crowds will be the norm and ST holders could double this seasons.
For years getting a seat for most home games has been a doddle biggest problem has normally been late arrivals, I’ve been guilty of that, and large queues and delays getting in.

bigfatronssba

I’m not sticking up for the club or anybody else but this match is a bit of a one off ticket wise where everyone including ST holders are buying, lessons will be learned, they will have to be, should we get to the prem i reckon sell out crowds will be the norm and ST holders could double this seasons.
For years getting a seat for most home games has been a doddle biggest problem has normally been late arrivals, I’ve been guilty of that, and large queues and delays getting in.

Lessons should've been learned after the Blues game.

The fact that they'll be less people at this game than that one is incompetency of the highest order

skybluelee

it they do find more seats - which they will, they should 100% go based on points
Even if it is only say 100+ at least it would remove the non city fans
I'm on 630 so I say set at 600+ for the first hour. I can't be going through the same stress as last night again today.

Users who are viewing this thread