Tickets for Crewe away leg (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

So what date do tickets go on sale for the away leg in sunny CRew?

shropshirecov

Not neccessarily I hear, and anyone who tries to get into the home sections will prob be removed from the ground, been done many times and the stewards here are pretty strict and sometimes too strict!

Is there gonna be a questionaire when you hand the tenner over? Like dan said how they gonna know, or do they recognise the regulars!?

BLAKESCREWE

Is there gonna be a questionaire when you hand the tenner over? Like dan said how they gonna know, or do they recognise the regulars!?

Believe me they`ll know! lots of fans in the big main stand are quite hostile and would prob point out any strangers etc esp if they`re wearing Sky Blue, some of them are very aggressive in there, TBH you`d be wasting a tenner if you try to go in the home stand as you won`t see the game, harsh I know!

Believe me they`ll know! lots of fans in the big main stand are quite hostile and would prob point out any strangers etc esp if they`re wearing Sky Blue, some of them are very aggressive in there, TBH you`d be wasting a tenner if you try to go in the home stand as you won`t see the game, harsh I know!

but home fans WILL be outnumbered by 3-1 ;-)

BLAKESCREWE

That's hillarious, pointing out strangers! Brilliant mate. I can appreciate you don't want your ground taken over but if I don't get a ticket in the away end I'll be in the home end with my lad. And why would anyone wear Sky Blue?

I don`t do it but some will, any hint of hostilities and the stewards will move in quickly, should have been here for England v Poland under 18s match a while ago, Poles lighting flares etc and the riot police turned up, tooled up! amazing sight for Crewe!

hill83

That's hillarious, pointing out strangers! Brilliant mate. I can appreciate you don't want your ground taken over but if I don't get a ticket in the away end I'll be in the home end with my lad. And why would anyone wear Sky Blue?

Are you serious? If we ever get away fans in our home end they always get pointed out and are lucky if they don't get a slap!

It's rare these days, but it happened for west ham the other year.

shropshirecov

I don`t do it but some will, any hint of hostilities and the stewards will move in quickly, should have been here for England v Poland under 18s match a while ago, Poles lighting flares etc and the riot police turned up, tooled up! amazing sight for Crewe!

England's final WC qualifier in October is Home to Poland that will be lively then!!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Blimey the Railwaymen are not a very friendly bunch then? ... whatever happened to "all aboard...";)

kingharvest

No-one will know, and anyway, so long as you don't be twat, respect the fact you're in the home end and just sit quietly and watch the game what's the problem? I've done it a few times, once at Wolves and i just stood up when they scored and did feck all when we did.

Be bloody hard if it ends up like the preston game mind you!

No-one will know, and anyway, so long as you don't be twat, respect the fact you're in the home end and just sit quietly and watch the game what's the problem? I've done it a few times, once at Wolves and i just stood up when they scored and did feck all when we did.

Easier said than done in the "moment".. I once did the same at the Villa...Sat in the deadly Doug with the villa fans... John Williams went through was hacked down a stone wall penalty.. up I went.. claiming."Penalty ref". John Williams tumbling..... as I went up.. I knew that on the way back down I was in trouble.......fortunately a few saner souls around me saved my bacon....and the fact that the ref was blind.... Taxi at half time.....

You mean like Birmingham away in the FA Cup when we sold 7500 in about an hour and there were Cov fans celebrating in the home end when we scored.

They didn't see much of the game after that though either.

H

Harry Grout

Answer prob yes!

Living in sunny Crewe and having been in the Main Stand on a few occasions, it's like a morgue. No atmosphere at all and I've never seen any hostility. The usual format is for away fans to have the usual Ice Cream Stand (approx 1,500) with the Family Stand to the left (approx 750) as an overflow if required. So max total approx 2,250.

Can't see a sell out amongst home fans.

PUSB

dadgad

I've managed this no problem.....when I've been on my own......but occasionally, if you're sitting with mates you can forget yourself....this has happened a couple of times ..............with consequences.:slap::guitar2:

Skybluebenno

I was in the home end for the MK dons game so planned to do the same.. However it turned out that there were more cov fans in the block than mk dons fans, so we cheered like mad men for all 3 goals. RESULT! Turned into a good bit of banter! If anything it was more enjoyable

coundonskyblue

Stands at Gresty Road (Off Wikipedia)

The Air Products Stand (formerly the Railtrack Stand, before a change in sponsors) – built prior to the 1999/2000 season at a cost of £5.2 million. It accommodates 6,809 spectators, together with the club's office accommodation.
The Mark Price Stand, (formerly The AB Nutrition Stand, before a change in sponsors[1]) – also known as the Gresty Road End, accommodates 982 spectators and four disabled spectators.
The Wulvern Housing Stand, also known as the Railway End, accommodates 682 spectators.
The Whitby Morrison Ice Cream Vans Stand, formerly the Pop, originally the Popular Side, accommodates 1,680 away spectators.

They should give us the 3 stands and just keep the big Main Stand for themselves!

The 3 stands would give us 3344 tickets, which I think we would sell no problem!

Hamish

I've sat in the home end at Villa, Leicester and Everton. I'm not worried about sitting in the home end at Crewe!:D

Mr T - Sukka!

This one will sell out in record time. If we can take 5k to MKdons then we should easy sell put the away allocation.

Expect lots of City in the Crewe home end for this one.

some are not, they drove out our previous manager STEVE HOLLAND a few years back with such venom and hostilities, he`s assitant at Chelsea now anyhow! belive me, it can get hostile in the big stand!

Ok mate thanks for the tip.. but we can still be friends cant we..its football.. not world war?

BLAKESCREWE

YES, i`m friendly, hopefully no trouble but when we played you at home early in the season one of your fans got arrested for abusing a ball boy who broke down in tears, did`nt go well here this but hopefully none of that next time.

YES, i`m friendly, hopefully no trouble but when we played you at home early in the season one of your fans got arrested for abusing a ball boy who broke down in tears, did`nt go well here this but hopefully none of that next time.

One bad apple and all that...Like 99.9% of CCFC fans I'm sorry for that young man.. I guess more than most he hopes to stick it right up us.. but haven't CCFC tried to make amends re the return league fixture at the Ricoh by offering him some form of special day.. VIP treatment etc..?

With an away fan base such as ours- 8000 to Arsenal, 5000 to MK and Spurs(limited) it is inevitable that some of our fans will migrate into your stands I'm afraid... I applaud the no trouble notion and am sure it will all be OK... lets all be sensible?

Last edited:

BLAKESCREWE

One bad apple and all that...Like 99.9% of CCFC fans I'm sorry for that young man.. I guess more than most he hopes to stick it right up us.. but haven't CCFC tried to make amends re the return league fixture at the Ricoh by offering him some form of special day.. VIP treatment etc..?

With an away fan base such as ours- 8000 to Arsenal, 5000 to MK and Spurs(limited) it is inevitable that some of our fans will migrate into your stands I'm afraid... I applaud the no trouble notion and am sure it will all be OK... lets all be sensible?

Thats right, forgot, good on Coventry for that.

GaryJones

Just left the ticket office and the Crewe away tickets are to be sold to Season Tickets Holders Only (1 ticket per season ticket holder) - they told me they expect them ALL to go to season ticket holders and none would then be available for members or General Sale.
Season Ticket holders deserve them for the amount of stress theyve been through!

GaryJones

They go on sale to Season Ticket holders on Monday. 1 per person.

singers_pore

The club should offer to hold the away leg at the Ricoh so that Crewe can make more money from the higher attendance. ;):D:D

shropshirecov

The club should offer to hold the away leg at the Ricoh so that Crewe can make more money from the higher attendance. ;):D:D

They should offer us that other little stand behind the goal then all their fans can be together in the main stand, like we were in the last rounds, be a great atmosphere all round everyone's a winner!!

Spence CCFC

It looks like I will be going in the home end. First year i've not had a season ticket in a long while due to circumstances changing but that's how life is. Never struggled to get an away ticket in my life but glad there is high demand. Only issue with home tickets is that you can't buy on the Cov website and they'll probably be weary of people phoning up and trying to get tickets with a Cov postcode. Luckily, I don't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread