Ticketmaster Refunds (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

There has been one saying boddy is also chasing them.

I wonder if Ticketmaster are struggling

They'll be dealing with refunds for lots of events
Think of all the gigs and festivals that have been cancelled.

Still not good enough and the club hold some responsibility for outsourcing to them.

chiefdave

I wonder if Ticketmaster are struggling
In a word yes. They've got a lot of staff off and others working from home. At the same time they've got $3billion worth of tickets for cancelled / postponed events to sort out.

Doesn't help that every refund has to be processed individually. You can't just cancel an event and have the system automatically refund everyone.

Nick

Administrator
They'll be dealing with refunds for lots of events
Think of all the gigs and festivals that have been cancelled.

Still not good enough and the club hold some responsibility for outsourcing to them.
That's what I mean, I wonder if theres a chance Ticketmaster may go under with such a large amount of money going out so fast.

theferret

I could be wrong - but I thought ticketmaster don't actually hold the money. Ticket sale money goes to the club directly and TM bill the club for commissions (hence Otium always appears against the card transaction on the bank statement). TMs role here is simply to process the refunds and reverse the transactions - they are not holding the money. Surely the club know if the money has left their account or not? Again, perhaps I am wrong on this and the arrangement is different.

Speedies_Chips

In a word yes. They've got a lot of staff off and others working from home. At the same time they've got $3billion worth of tickets for cancelled / postponed events to sort out.

Doesn't help that every refund has to be processed individually. You can't just cancel an event and have the system automatically refund everyone.

Nonsense. If every refund was processed individually it would take 50 years. I believe they have computers these days. It's quite simple, They know which events have been cancelled, they know exactly who has bought tickets for them, and what their credit cards numbers are. A simple process to automate.

wingy

Does that work on debit card?
Not identical but:-

What is a chargeback? A chargeback (otherwise known as a dispute) is a way for your bank that issued your card to reclaim money from the retailer's bank when you do not get the goods or services you paid for, including if the retailer or supplier has gone out of business.7 Apr 2020
upload_2020-5-15_17-19-31.png
Everywhere you want to be › chargeback

chiefdave

Nonsense. If every refund was processed individually it would take 50 years. I believe they have computers these days. It's quite simple, They know which events have been cancelled, they know exactly who has bought tickets for them, and what their credit cards numbers are. A simple process to automate.
If you could let me know where that option is on the Ticketmaster 360 control panel I'd be grateful. Would save me a lot of time.

slyblue57

According to the football club all refunds have been processed sweetheart. Except they clearly fucking haven't as no one has got the money, yet the club keep pushing out the ticketmaster bullshit.
My my, “sweetheart” lol

Ticketmaster are responsible for this, not CCFC.
The Club can only state what crap ticketmaster tell them.
Im sure the club are looking at it but its Ticketmasters mess to sought out.
Im sure I ll get my moneyback soon.
Pusb
Blame where its due.

Skybluefaz

My my, “sweetheart” lol

Ticketmaster are responsible for this, not CCFC.
The Club can only state what crap ticketmaster tell them.
Im sure the club are looking at it but its Ticketmasters mess to sought out.
Im sure I ll get my moneyback soon.
Pusb
Blame where its due.
Apologies for the sarcasm, this thing has got me very frustrated and like I said, I'd like to feel the club is in our corner a little more that's all.

chiefdave

That's what I mean, I wonder if theres a chance Ticketmaster may go under with such a large amount of money going out so fast.
They're owned by Live Nation who are in OK but not brilliant shape financially. Like a lot of companies they're loaded with debt which suddenly becomes a much bigger problem when your business grinds to a halt. They're in the process of issuing around $1billion worth of bonds on the basis that this is a temporary issue and if they can kick the can down the road they'll be fine.

The Saudi government bought up $500m of their shares about a month ago. Depending how long this goes on for they could mount a takeover attempt, they're investing heavily in the entertainment sector.

Speedies_Chips

If you could let me know where that option is on the Ticketmaster 360 control panel I'd be grateful. Would save me a lot of time.

I'm not suggesting that you need to do anything. I am saying that it is a simple process that they could do with a simple program that can be run at anytime. People who work in IT will know what I'm getting at.

eastwoodsdustman

They're owned by Live Nation who are in OK but not brilliant shape financially. Like a lot of companies they're loaded with debt which suddenly becomes a much bigger problem when your business grinds to a halt. They're in the process of issuing around $1billion worth of bonds on the basis that this is a temporary issue and if they can kick the can down the road they'll be fine.

The Saudi government bought up $500m of their shares about a month ago. Depending how long this goes on for they could mount a takeover attempt, they're investing heavily in the entertainment sector.
Knowing This makes me a bit happier now. I was a bit worried they’d got it’s up and I’d lose my money.

slyblue57

Apologies for the sarcasm, this thing has got me very frustrated and like I said, I'd like to feel the club is in our corner a little more that's all.
No problem, I certainly want my money back for the Lincoln game, 5 tickets.
I wo nt be that bothered about the refund on the season tickets, 2, but would nt say no a discounr whenever we can start again.
pusb

Woolly68

Still waiting. Both times I sent an email they responded to say it was being done in x days, but never was. They are looking into it again.

Magwitch

I’m waiting for ticket money to be returned from the Lincoln and Accrington matches, who is responsible for returning the dosh the clubs or Ticketmaster ?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Are they waiting for confirmation the games won’t be played?
No the ticket refunds should have been issued at the start of May, they (Ticketmaster) are blaming an issue with Lloyds bank for the hold up. Not sure if anyone here who hasn't had a refund is on another ban other than Lloyds but I am with Lloyds so in theory it adds up. It should never have taken them this long to pick up. I blame Ticketmaster as they are the party responsible for the technological/financial side of things, but at the same time the club chose them as their partner and there have been several problems

Magwitch

I would think Ticketmaster are sitting on millions in ticket money from all sorts of events Glastonbury being one, nice little earner from the interest alone.

chiefdave

I would think Ticketmaster are sitting on millions in ticket money from all sorts of events Glastonbury being one, nice little earner from the interest alone.
Its a couple of weeks out of date but the most recent figure I had was that they have sold $3billion worth of tickets for events that are now eligible for refunds.

Magwitch

Its a couple of weeks out of date but the most recent figure I had was that they have sold $3billion worth of tickets for events that are now eligible for refunds.
Bloody hell, I hope they press the wrong digit when they send my ninety odd quid back.

Users who are viewing this thread