Ticket prices (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Why would someone do that and not get a season ticket?

I'm just pricing up the season , it could cost people upwards of 350 pound to attend just over half the season...which seems very steep

Edited a few times as I confused myself

cooperskyblue

Very clever pricing. People like me who got the Return Membership with Seat for £300 + a shirt feels unbelievable value for money.

And these prices make even these full price season tickets worth getting for anyone.

And the teams of those higher categories will pack out the away end so about time we did to other teams what we have had done to us on away days for so long.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Derby County category A

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Doesn't really work

Well in a way it does , you pick and choose each month what you want to pay for and aren't tied into a guaranteed monthly payment scheme or fixed contract... if you can't afford something 1 month you just don't pay for it

Now TV generally costs more than sky packages

Nick

Administrator
Well in a way it does , you pick and choose each .onth what you want to pay for and aren't tied into a guara teed monthly payment scheme or fixed contract... if you can't afford something 1 month you just don't pay for it
Now TV sport for 9.99 a day or 30 odd a month.

You commit to more, it's cheaper.

You say about picking and choosing but you added up all the games?

Why aren't people paying 30*9.99 instead of about a pound a day?

Evo1883

Now TV sport for 9.99 a day or 30 odd a month.

You commit to more, it's cheaper.

You say about picking and choosing but you added up all the games?

Why aren't people paying 30*9.99 instead of about a pound a day?

They do though Nick, same logic with football fans.

I used to go to 10/15 matches a year before I eventually got a season ticket .

Many people are the same

It’sabatch87

Let’s get relegated then and pay £20 a match?, I don’t get some people they just like to moan.
Fcuk me if we went up to the premier league it’ll be double that at least and I’d still pay it.
I remember going to Leeds in the 90’s and it was £25 quid to stand on a freezing cold uncovered terrace!!

matesx

I remember £21 a game at HR in our last Prem season ....I also remember paying £30 to get into QPR in those days.

CDK

I agree. It doesn't make sense making a televised game the most expensive.
It seems a bonkers move by supposed business people and I know in same position I would do the opposite as cheaper tickets ,more bums on seats.

cooperskyblue

It seems a bonkers move by supposed business people and I know in same position I would do the opposite as cheaper tickets ,more bums on seats.
But surely everyone who can make the game in person has a desire to actually go for the first time since League 1 to see us Live and in the flesh on our return to Coventry. I know that I got pretty sick of watching us on a screen and never in person last season week after week.

Forest will sell out their allocation and anyone who has been yearning for 18 months to go to a game surely won't be put off.

mmttww

Having the first game back after years away be the most expensive price folks have probably ever been asked to pay for a CCFC home game is a dumb move.

Incentivising the Forest game could've been a way of getting casuals in and hopefully, with a good performance, have a decent chunk come back again.

I take the point about other teams prices or ours in the past but that's not comparing apples with apples. Other teams haven't lost fans in droves by playing in other cities for two seasons.

For a Cat. A game later in the season, fine, makes total sense. Just think they've dropped a bollock going with those prices for the Forest game.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If you have that view I suggest that's probably why you're not in that position.

If you slash ticket prices it's difficult to put them back up again and the club actually loses money. Most if not all commercial employees in football clubs would tell you the same.

SBT

It doesn't matter how good value the season tickets are, there are some people who just aren't interested in making an investment of that size. Like it or not, the stadium being full depends on getting enough of those day-trippers through the turnstiles, and these prices may well put some of them off. That's not the end of the world - it might mean we make more money, and it might not affect the atmosphere. But in terms of growing the fanbase beyond the core support, it doesn't offer any incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread