Ticket office at Butts Park Arena opens tomorrow (Thurs 3rd Sept) (1 Viewer)

stupot07

[MENTION=2910]cov[/MENTION]entry_City: #skyblues Season Ticket holders can watch [MENTION=2910]cov[/MENTION]entryrugby this Saturday at the Butts Park Arena for just £10! http://t.co/VSTaT3KX0R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

B-Ban-Boogie

Yep, just need to get the Cov Wasps involved now.............. 

I'm really not sure whether i dreamt this or not, but i swear i saw something on SportsCenter here in the US other day about some rugby fixtures and it had the name 'Cov Wasps'
I wasn't really paying much attention to the TV and turned over channels then after a minute or 2 i thought.... "Hold on a jiffy... That said Cov Wasps??"
As i had turned over i could not 'play back' to screen capture it...

Last edited:

stupot07

Yep, just need to get the Cov Wasps involved now..............

Think you'll find they're called Coventry Bees. I can see how you can make that mistake, given they are both black/yellow striped insects....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sick Boy

Funny that all of these twats who are insistent that Wasps are a Coventry team are the ones who used to bang about how awful it was that we were once the 'Northampton Sky Blues'.

Grendel

Funny that all of these twats who are insistent that Wasps are a Coventry team are the ones who used to bang about how awful it was that we were once the 'Northampton Sky Blues'.

Getting the two teams to work together is good.

If the rugby club have season ticket holders the offer should be reciprocated.

They should work as well together on marketing matches and promoting offers.

Start to emphasise some brand messaging about supporting teams based in Coventry that are FROM Coventry.

Sick Boy

It certainly is very encouraging to see the two clubs working together, hopefully it'll be the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership.

Definitely agree with the idea of emphasising the bit about the teams being actually from Coventry. I still don't understand why anyone from Coventry would go and support Wasps, much in the same way fans of Northampton Town didn't go and support us when we were playing there.

I remember there being some choice words being thrown about when it was alleged that ccfc were giving away free tickets in Northampton. It's funny that these same people then went and watched a franchise club in their own city.

Grendel

It certainly is very encouraging to see the two clubs working together, hopefully it'll be the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership.

Definitely agree with the idea of emphasising the bit about the teams being actually from Coventry. I still don't understand why anyone from Coventry would go and support Wasps, much in the same way fans of Northampton Town didn't go and support us when we were playing there.

I remember there being some choice words being thrown about when it was alleged that ccfc were giving away free tickets in Northampton. It's funny that these same people then went and watched a franchise club in their own city.

No-one who cared about Coventry City would even contemplate going to a Wasps game. It would just be totally opposed to their natural DNA

skybluetony176

No-one who cared about Coventry City would even contemplate going to a Wasps game. It would just be totally opposed to their natural DNA

Many said the same about attending Coventry home games in Northampton. Mind you, so did you for a while.

Grendel

italiahorse

Garbage. I'm a season ticket older for both and i've supported CCFC at matches since 1967.
Lots of CCFC fans do the same.
You need to get over the ownership of the Ricoh which is the real issue.

....... waiting

Grendel

Garbage. I'm a season ticket older for both and i've supported CCFC at matches since 1967.
Lots of CCFC fans do the same.
You need to get over the ownership of the Ricoh which is the real issue.

You should boycott wasps as should everyone in Coventry.

Do you think if everyone in Coventry boycotted them that they would survive?

Nick

Administrator
I'm not in Coventry.
Most people in Coventry boycott CCFC games anyway.
Get over it. It's not a plan.
Funny, quite a while ago there was a discussion about where people were from and I said I thought you were from bedworth but for some reason you said you weren't.

Obviously you may have moved since then though.

WestEndAgro

No-one who cared about CCFC would even contemplate going to a CCFC game in Northampton it's not in their DNA

mark82

No-one who cared about CCFC would even contemplate going to a CCFC game in Northampton it's not in their DNA

You could also argue the opposite. We aren't in Northampton anymore so can we all just get over this ridiculous argument.

italiahorse

Funny, quite a while ago there was a discussion about where people were from and I said I thought you were from bedworth but for some reason you said you weren't.

Obviously you may have moved since then though.

I'm from Coventry but live in Bedworth. I have a business interest in Coventry.

stupot07

You should boycott wasps as should everyone in Coventry.

Do you think if everyone in Coventry boycotted them that they would survive?

I would stretch that to all ccfc fans and CRFC fans should boycott Wasps. They won't though, too selfish to do that. :( (sorry that's my personal opinion, don't care if you disagree, that's how I feel about it. I don't understand why any cov fan would go and watch them play in the stadium built for us)

It's what wasps want, give it 2 more years and many will have jumped ship entirely and have a wasps ST. See it on Twitter all the time cov fans that don't talk about the club, the scores, etc, but #tweetfrommyseat every other week at wasps games. They're the same people who were slating the sixfields move every other day.

Last edited:

Grendel

I wouldn't if we were staying there but we weren't.

What's your view on ccfc fans who support a London Rugby Club?

italiahorse

I wouldn't if we were staying there but we weren't.

What's your view on ccfc fans who support a London Rugby Club?

You didn't know that when you went.
They only bought us back because they had no plan B when they got word on the Wasps deal IMHO.

If you enjoy decent rugby then go as it won't alter the situation.

Moff

You didn't know that when you went.
They only bought us back because they had no plan B when they got word on the Wasps deal IMHO.

If you enjoy decent rugby then go to watch your home city club, CRFC instead of some shitty London franchise team and it will hopefully alter the situation.

Amended for you

italiahorse

Fair enough....but surely that must then mean your football team is also Bedworth ;)

Too late. Supported CCFC as a kid when they were promoted in 1967 to the top division.
The only rugby I ever watched was my daughter who plays for Keresley Ladies and Internationals on TV.

Houdi

Great move by both clubs and good that we are being proactive in trying to forge closer relations with other sporting teams in Coventry. A ticket facility in a more central and accessible area will be a great help. Was going on Saturday anyway, and went 5 times last season and thoroughly enjoyed it, indeed last season it was a better experience than going to the Ricoh unfortunately.
I can't grasp though why people are still continually going on about Wasps, they are here, and here to stay, and there is nothing we can do, whether we like it or not. It is like trying to turn back the tide,utterly pointless. They owned the Ricoh last month, rhey owned it yesterday ,today and tomorrow, and in 12 months they will still own it.
The brutal truth is apart from a few vociferous people on here, who else cares. Fans used to sing we want SISU out regularly, I've never heard fans sing we want Wasps out.
And probably 99% of non football fans in Coventry couldn't care less that they own it, sad but true. Whilst I have no desire to watch Wasps I know lifelong CCFC fans who go regularly to watch them. They are now a Coventry team whether we like it or not, that is why all the local media outlets, press radio and tv follow them.
As time goes by, young kids will naturally see them as a Coventry team, again sad but true. Continually labelling them as a London or a franchise club, although true will change nothing.
Of course the Ricoh was built for us, and its a crying shame that we will never own it, but we are where we are, we can't turn back the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread