Three priorities: epetition, epetition, epetition + drink! (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Latest mailout (Nick, wasn't sure whether to do as new thread or put in petition sticky??)

Petition flyer 16 feb-page-001.jpg

Some people are saying the Bradford game being postponed is a blessing as it gives a bit more time for injuries to recover and new players to settle in, so fingers crossed.

SP has said the play offs are now beyond us. He’s worked miracles this season and with a -10 start and small and young squad it's amazing he got us to a position where we were even talking about a possible top six finish.

The prospect of a third season in Division 3 certainly isn't great but SP and the team still deserve massive credit for what they've achieved so far in really difficult circumstances.

Independent Inquiry petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

The Independent Inquiry petition has been the big news off the field

• More than 15,000 signatures in the first 2 weeks is fantastic

• Great plugs on TalkSport and 5Live plus loads on twitter and facebook

But Word of Mouth remains incredibly powerful

• The sign up rate is being driven by City fans telling people about the epetition and getting them to sign it
  • If you get just one extra person to sign the petition that’s one step closer to a chance of seeing those responsible for the mess we’re in being grilled by a Parliamentary Committee

Getting national support is excellent but there are thousands of City fans in Coventry and Warwickshire yet to sign so posters to help spread the word have been produced and it would be great if we could get as many as possible on show locally. Could you -

• Display them on noticeboards at work, in pubs, clubs, shops, community centres – house and car windows are good places too - and anywhere else you can think of
  • Email [email protected] for copies (A4 or A5 size are available) or
  • Feel free to print off your own copies using the picture above
  • For CCFC fans who live outside Coventry and Warwickshire, in the next week or two a poster will be produced aimed at supporters of other clubs

Let's go for it!

Supporting football in Coventry

With hopes of us returning to the Ricoh for the 2014/15 season now looking all but gone, we’ll continue to look at ways of supporting football in Coventry by working with Coventry Sphinx

• A rough calculation is that in the last season at the Ricoh we had 6,000 season ticket holders each paying around £300 = £1.8m, and that’s before all the tickets bought by non-ST holders
  • Just a fraction of that amount would help Sphinx create not a white elephant but get much needed things like pitch side toilets and a new covered/seated area for spectators
  • Ideas are being worked on and details will be published next month

Drink – 8pm Wednesday 26 February, Spencer Club CV5 6JR – All Welcome!

If you fancy a chance to shoot the breeze/chew the fat/etc with fellow City fans you’ll be very welcome on the 26[SUP]th[/SUP]. It’s not a meeting, a forum or anything like that and there definitely won’t be any speeches. Just an opportunity to have a drink, talk about what’s going on with CCFC and if past experience is anything to go by, a lot of reminiscing about happier times!

Cheers,

Michael

Please:

Sign the 'No Fans = No Football' epetition at
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884 and spread the word! #SignUp

Like kcic at https://www.facebook.com/KeepCovInCovCampaign

Visit kcic at http://keepcovincov.weebly.com/

Follow kcic on twitter @NotOnePennyMore

sbvet

Banned
Another ePetition thread - really? Surely having a sticky thread is enough? Or is this your concept of additional advertising? Preaching to the converted isn't going to get you extra signatures! Advertising might. Advertising costs.

Talk sport shoutout only managed to increase signatures to the rate you were getting in the first week! The CET poll managed to get 20k with none of the national press TV or radio coverage - and did it in a week!

Saturday Morning was 14.8k
08:11 this morning you had 15,081

Nearly three hours later its 15,123 (42 votes in 3 hours!)

And you are 2 1/2 weeks into a 52 week campaign - the most critical time for a viral campaign.

At the current rate (based on how many votes you got in total yesterday)

you need 85,000 votes

85,000 / 200 = 425 days.

And of you do not advertise these numbers can only go downwards!

To even stand the remotest of chances you need to be trending every single day! After just 3 weeks, you are bordering on the trending. One or two more weeks, you will no longer be trending. Then what?

You have nearly completed trawling the fans forums. The football groups have already given your support. Can you rely on the telegraph giving you a boost every week? When was the last time they mentioned your petition? You got a 2-3 hour boost of around 300 signatures after the talksport shout out. You have no money to campaign on the streets, so limited to leaflets.

At best, you get 1% take up via leaflets (and that is being generous). Can you afford this many leaflets? Where are you going to campaign?

City games are no good, because after 2-3 games, anyone who would sign up has signed up. Or are you going to hand out leaflets to every game in the country every single week?

So leaflets aren't going to be effective, you have almost stopped trending, and you are unable / unwilling to advertise. As I asked but never got a response - what is your overall strategy - other than shouting down any criticism?

Some suggested you should be able to get a decent marketing campaign going. Based on what - bravado? Or do you have access to a large marketing company that will run with this for free?

Have you even bothered writing to a single front bench MP? Surely there aren't that many to choose from! If you want an inquiry, you need to win over a front bench government MO, as they will be the ones who ultimately authorise an inquiry.
, you
Did you guys consider even one aspect of this? Or did you as some have stated just assume that it was automatic if you can just reach 100k? It's all well and good looking at the number of football fans,and the number of people in coventry, and just coming out with a ballpark % of those need to sign to make this happen as some most definitely posted on here. If nothing else I hope you finally realise that was utter BS.

I asked simple questions, and you refused to answer them. I asked if you had a strategy, you then went anti and insisted you know who I was! You then immediately turned around and wanted to act as if you wanted to be my best friend and invited me for a drink!

Michael that is simply not the way to win friends and influence people. You cannot attack people one minute and literally five minutes later expect them to want to be best mates and chew the fat!

I went out of my way to tell you the realities of the ePetition system, and time and time again, you just poo pooed it. You just would not listen!

I hope for your sake if nothing else this succeeds, because I have an ominous feeling that you would be utterly devastated if this fails. You are far too close to this, and it is clearly far too personal for you. If it weren't then you wouldn't have gone on the offensive when I asked you a simple question if you had considered advertising before you started the petition!

No question I will now be inundated with insulting comments. Quite frankly it's irrelevant. Sticks and stones and all that. I mean the mentality of some, when they think that me saying well done for your efforts - as if that is going to make more people sign the petition!

It's your baby, and you are going to run it how you want fine, but spare us another ePetition thread. As can be seen from the lack of signatures yesterday from the general public, it has gotten old very quick!

Give it a rest

mrtrench

Michael you are a star, many thanks for continuing to drive this. Just ignore the negative people - they cannot be very happy to be so negative all the time and what they say is a reflection on themselves, not the fabulous job that you are doing.

torchomatic

We should have got 15K from people in the local area in the first week alone. Why aren't they signing it? Why aren't Coventry City fans signing it?

mrtrench

And you are 2 1/2 weeks into a 52 week campaign - the most critical time for a viral campaign.

you need 85,000 votes

85,000 / 200 = 425 days.

Who says it is linear? I would expect this to be more exponential. Take a look at the graph for f: x -> e^x matey.

coop

Has anyone emailed soccer am about mentioning it on their then putting a link on their home page

lewys33

Another ePetition thread - really? Surely having a sticky thread is enough? Or is this your concept of additional advertising? Preaching to the converted isn't going to get you extra signatures! Advertising might. Advertising costs.

Talk sport shoutout only managed to increase signatures to the rate you were getting in the first week! The CET poll managed to get 20k with none of the national press TV or radio coverage - and did it in a week!

you need 85,000 votes

85,000 / 200 = 425 days.

To even stand the remotest of chances you need to be trending every single day! After just 3 weeks, you are bordering on the trending. One or two more weeks, you will no longer be trending. Then what?

You have nearly completed trawling the fans forums. The football groups have already given your support. Can you rely on the telegraph giving you a boost every week? When was the last time they mentioned your petition? You got a 2-3 hour boost of around 300 signatures after the talksport shout out. You have no money to campaign on the streets, so limited to leaflets.

At best, you get 1% take up via leaflets (and that is being generous). Can you afford this many leaflets? Where are you going to campaign?

City games are no good, because after 2-3 games, anyone who would sign up has signed up. Or are you going to hand out leaflets to every game in the country every single week?

So leaflets aren't going to be effective, you have almost stopped trending, and you are unable / unwilling to advertise. As I asked but never got a response - what is your overall strategy - other than shouting down any criticism?

Some suggested you should be able to get a decent marketing campaign going. Based on what - bravado? Or do you have access to a large marketing company that will run with this for free?

Have you even bothered writing to a single front bench MP? Surely there aren't that many to choose from! If you want an inquiry, you need to win over a front bench government MO, as they will be the ones who ultimately authorise an inquiry.
, you
Did you guys consider even one aspect of this? Or did you as some have stated just assume that it was automatic if you can just reach 100k? It's all well and good looking at the number of football fans,and the number of people in coventry, and just coming out with a ballpark % of those need to sign to make this happen as some most definitely posted on here. If nothing else I hope you finally realise that was utter BS.

I asked simple questions, and you refused to answer them. I asked if you had a strategy, you then went anti and insisted you know who I was! You then immediately turned around and wanted to act as if you wanted to be my best friend and invited me for a drink!

Michael that is simply not the way to win friends and influence people. You cannot attack people one minute and literally five minutes later expect them to want to be best mates and chew the fat!

I went out of my way to tell you the realities of the ePetition system, and time and time again, you just poo pooed it. You just would not listen!

I hope for your sake if nothing else this succeeds, because I have an ominous feeling that you would be utterly devastated if this fails. You are far too close to this, and it is clearly far too personal for you. If it weren't then you wouldn't have gone on the offensive when I asked you a simple question if you had considered advertising before you started the petition!

No question I will now be inundated with insulting comments. Quite frankly it's irrelevant. Sticks and stones and all that. I mean the mentality of some, when they think that me saying well done for your efforts - as if that is going to make more people sign the petition!

It's your baby, and you are going to run it how you want fine, but spare us another ePetition thread. As can be seen from the lack of signatures yesterday from the general public, it has gotten old very quick!

Give it a rest

Although you originally said MPs had no power .... you also said you could contact 100 MPs if you wanted to? Fancy doing that for us rather than dissecting every post on an internet forum?

All help is appreciated!

Mr T - Sukka!

We should have got 15K from people in the local area in the first week alone. Why aren't they signing it? Why aren't Coventry City fans signing it?

I have signed it. But many people i know have just lost intrest and moved on.

Coventry City does not mean anything to them anymore. They have been failed by the club too many times.

These are people that were at Wembley 87 and had season tickets.

SISUs legacy is really kicking in now.

Samo

Coventry City does not mean anything to them anymore. They have been failed by the club too many times.

Mark my words; They'll be back, its in the blood.

oscillatewildly

Mark my words; They'll be back, its in the blood.
Absolutely. By purchasing a season ticket ONLY when we reach another major final at Wembley. Sadly, I think that's a good indicator as to why the epetition has had a slow response (so far) despite Michael's fantastic efforts.

Samo

Absolutely. By purchasing a season ticket ONLY when we reach another major final at Wembley. Sadly, I think that's a good indicator as to why the epetition has had a slow response (so far) despite Michael's fantastic efforts.

I don't think it would take a Wembley final. Here's what it would take;

1. A return to the Ricoh
2. New Owners
3. A few exciting signings
4. A decent run of results

The first two would do for starters.

oscillatewildly

I don't think it would take a Wembley final. Here's what it would take;

1. A return to the Ricoh
2. New Owners
3. A few exciting signings
4. A decent run of results

The first two would do for starters.
I was using the cup final/season ticket purchase case as an example to try to explain the reason to what some people perceive to have been a poor response to the epetition in the first two weeks. How many thousands in 1987 were moved to buy a season ticket ONLY when there was something in it for themselves? (Admittedly to share in the clubs greatest ever day) What has the club ever done for them since that glorious day?
I would say the majority of those "supporters" couldn't even name the full side that took to the field that afternoon.
In short, I'm blaming apathy or just a brief passing interest, or dare I say it, bandwagon jumping. Hang on, I've got an even bigger bombshell to drop - Coventry is not a footballing City. Even with just one club. It's no surprise people who haven't been rewarded with constant on field success cant be bothered to play their part in at least attempting to draw the attention of our club's plight to a higher office by dragging themselves away from grand theft auto for 2 minutes to sign an epetion.

MichaelCCFC

I was using the cup final/season ticket purchase case as an example to try to explain the reason to what some people perceive to have been a poor response to the epetition in the first two weeks. How many thousands in 1987 were moved to buy a season ticket ONLY when there was something in it for themselves? (Admittedly to share in the clubs greatest ever day) What has the club ever done for them since that glorious day?
I would say the majority of those "supporters" couldn't even name the full side that took to the field that afternoon.
In short, I'm blaming apathy or just a brief passing interest, or dare I say it, bandwagon jumping. Hang on, I've got an even bigger bombshell to drop - Coventry is not a footballing City. Even with just one club. It's no surprise people who haven't been rewarded with constant on field success cant be bothered to play their part in at least attempting to draw the attention of our club's plight to a higher office by dragging themselves away from grand theft auto for 2 minutes to sign an epetion.

As far as I'm concerned 15k in the first 2 weeks is brilliant and way more than I expected.

If WM, Ginetta, Jack, Monners and others are ok to keep posting on fans' forums for other clubs that will be great.

Then it's down to people to decide if they're willing to put posters/flyers up in Cov and Warks to spread the word whether on noticeboards at work, in pubs, clubs, shops - in your car window or front window at home - or anywhere else you can think of. Feel free to print off your own or email [email protected] for copies. Go for it!

Petition flyer 16 feb-page-001.jpg

Samo

I don't think people require 'constant' on field success but a few crumbs would be nice. At least with a yoyo club you get a little impetus, excitement and the thrill and pride of a promotion. There is nothing more sapping and dispiriting than the constant mediocrity and worse that we have had to suffer for the last 25 years. Not even a single flirt with promotion or achievement, just constant slow, painful decline. That is why people have lost interest, because its bloody unpleasant, bottom line. 'not a footballing city'? What does that mean? Is Derby a footballing city? Is Wigan?

oscillatewildly

I'm 100% with you Michael, on ways and means to draw attention. I think word of mouth and DIY are a great and inexpensive way. I've spread the word beyond my immediate family and know that those people have also signed. I'm just a little bit pissed off with the apathy of our own supporters and therefore the potential to get the figure up by investing a little urgency. Having spoken to work colleagues (some who I know have only ever been free ticket merchants) the reply has usually been along the lines of "I haven't looked at it yet"/"Yeah, I might do". I have no experience of what a 2 week old epetition should have achieved thus (It would appear one or two smart arses do) but if you are happy with the figure achieved so far, then great.
You'll have to excuse me now as I prepare to crank the printer up. But can we rely upon the support of the good folk of Sutton Coldfield?

Grendel

People can paint this how they want but 15,000 is very, very poor. You'd select the vast majority at the start and the curve declines afterwards. The fact we've had to get the begging bowl to other clubs this early is just an embarrassment. We'd be better getting rid if the thing and exploring other avenues.

It will create two messages;

Coventry as a city aren't interested in the club
Co entry as a club is very small and not valued in its community

This campaign will do more harm than good.

oscillatewildly

I don't think people require 'constant' on field success but a few crumbs would be nice. At least with a yoyo club you get a little impetus, excitement and the thrill and pride of a promotion. There is nothing more sapping and dispiriting than the constant mediocrity and worse that we have had to suffer for the last 25 years. Not even a single flirt with promotion or achievement, just constant slow, painful decline. That is why people have lost interest, because its bloody unpleasant, bottom line. 'not a footballing city'? What does that mean? Is Derby a footballing city? Is Wigan?
Derby, Leicester, Norwich, Ipswich. None of those towns/cities could be compared to the likes of Liverpool, Manchester or Newcastle. Namely "footballing cities". In fact, those four I mentioned are of a similar size (even smaller) to Coventry. It is also a fair comment to say they have also been starved of success. Yet they pull in bigger home attendances (Forget their current Prem/C'ship status) compare it to the time we spent in Div 1/C'ship. Why? What was so special about their style of disappointing football.
I've had seasons where I've forgone a season ticket and attended only a few games, not due to work or family commitments but because I couldn't stomach the dire, almost depressing dirge that was sometimes served up. But I didn't, and will never turn my back on them indefinitely.
What I can't understand is why these former "supporters" can't even register a flicker of what maybe only occasionally gave them some pride or even enjoyment, by feeling some sort of injustice towards the way the club is being run by taking a couple of minutes on a laptop/pc/tablet to at least attempt to draw attention to the clubs plight.
Have those absentees really suffered the "mediocrity, painful decline and sapping dispiritment" so much more than me, you or anybody else?
No, Wigan never has been or will be a footballing city owing to the history and stature of its rugby team. Even after winning the F.A. cup. Ah..........

Samo

Derby, Leicester, Norwich, Ipswich. None of those towns/cities could be compared to the likes of Liverpool, Manchester or Newcastle. Namely "footballing cities". In fact, those four I mentioned are of a similar size (even smaller) to Coventry. It is also a fair comment to say they have also been starved of success. Yet they pull in bigger home attendances (Forget their current Prem/C'ship status) compare it to the time we spent in Div 1/C'ship. Why? What was so special about their style of disappointing football.
I've had seasons where I've forgone a season ticket and attended only a few games, not due to work or family commitments but because I couldn't stomach the dire, almost depressing dirge that was sometimes served up. But I didn't, and will never turn my back on them indefinitely.
What I can't understand is why these former "supporters" can't even register a flicker of what maybe only occasionally gave them some pride or even enjoyment, by feeling some sort of injustice towards the way the club is being run by taking a couple of minutes on a laptop/pc/tablet to at least attempt to draw attention to the clubs plight.
Have those absentees really suffered the "mediocrity, painful decline and sapping dispiritment" so much more than me, you or anybody else?
No, Wigan never has been or will be a footballing city owing to the history and stature of its rugby team. Even after winning the F.A. cup. Ah..........

So by footballing cities you simply mean larger cities. I do agree with some of your points though. Surely those people owe the club that much at least? Some may view the club as mortally wounded but they could at least stay at the fucking bedside until its over!!! Perhaps Coventry people are colder or less emotional than others? I don't know but its very depressing. That said, I will keep the faith and hope for better times, they say its darkest before the dawn.

skybluedan

Keep it up Michael, can't believe there are fans who say it will do more harm that's what's embarrassing

torchomatic

Well, people have been losing interest for years, so really it's not solely down to SISU. If people can't be arsed to take two minutes out of their lives now then what happens if City do return to the Ricoh. Is anyone going to come and watch? Sorry, but you can blame owners and circumstance as much as you want but I still think the figure is piss poor, the people of Coventry should be signing the petition as a matter of course.

letsallsingtogether

With our own CCFC fans slagging off peoples efforts and trying to turn round everything everyone does is it not surprising that others can't be bothered.

I for one have signed it have taken part in most demonstrations and I am starting to say Fuck It.
It has taken up most of my life in the last 40 years it is the mistress my wife hated but it looks like my wife might soon be on the verge of winning.

Can't be bothered to argue with anyone any more looks like sisu are getting what they want also, that is fans being gagged due to not fighting or caring anymore!!

We are now at a real low without one or two fans trying we would already be finished and stuck in Northampton for ever.

I like most couldn't even care less that yesterdays game was called off :mad: thought that would never happen have been down a few times over the years to help them clear the snow so a game could be played.

Sorry but I am rapidly running out reasons as to why I should care anymore.

For that alone thank you Sisu.

Grendel

With our own CCFC fans slagging off peoples efforts and trying to turn round everything everyone does is it not surprising that others can't be bothered.

I for one have signed it have taken part in most demonstrations and I am starting to say Fuck It.
It has taken up most of my life in the last 40 years it is the mistress my wife hated but it looks like my wife might soon be on the verge of winning.

Can't be bothered to argue with anyone any more looks like sisu are getting what they want also, that is fans being gagged due to not fighting or caring anymore!!

We are now at a real low without one or two fans trying we would already be finished and stuck in Northampton for ever.

I like most couldn't even care less that yesterdays game was called off :mad: thought that would never happen have been down a few times over the years to help them clear the snow so a game could be played.

Sorry but I am rapidly running out reasons as to why I should care anymore.

For that alone thank you Sisu.

No one is slagging anyone off. There is merely an opinion that this isn't a great course to follow as it will fail.

Grendel

You're right G... but I like many will it to succeed... do you?

I hope the target is reached - total failure will do a lot if damage. My view on e-petitions per say is that its a government con and nothing whatsoever will come of it.

torchomatic

That's right. I'm not having a go at Michael or his admirable efforts. I'm questioning why the people of Coventry and Warwickshire aren't signing it in their thousands. They should be.

No one is slagging anyone off. There is merely an opinion that this isn't a great course to follow as it will fail.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I hope the target is reached - total failure will do a lot if damage. My view on e-petitions per say is that its a government con and nothing whatsoever will come of it.

The why so negative towards it... enthusiasm is proven to be infectious, negativity draining? Is it fear of failure.. we've heard enough of that this week from the 'special one'?

letsallsingtogether

Some people use that view for everything that's done but do nothing!!!!

Maybe they are right we should do nothing and just let our club go without a fight.

Lorksalordy

What damage is done if the target not reached ? No-one who should be appears to be listening to the fans anyway so how does it affect anything if 100k not reached ? Massive congratulations for all involved with effort so far I say. Regardless of number it ends up with it has heightened general awareness which has to be good.

Grendel

What damage is done if the target not reached ? No-one who should be appears to be listening to the fans anyway so how does it affect anything if 100k not reached ? Massive congratulations for all involved with effort so far I say. Regardless of number it ends up with it has heightened general awareness which has to be good.

Imagine if it sticks around 20,000 - imagine that with any major football city? It will create an impression very few in the Coventry area care less where we play.

Nick

Administrator
That's right. I'm not having a go at Michael or his admirable efforts. I'm questioning why the people of Coventry and Warwickshire aren't signing it in their thousands. They should be.

Just tell them they get a stub for Wembley :)

Lorksalordy

Imagine if it sticks around 20,000 - imagine that with any major football city? It will create an impression very few in the Coventry area care less where we play.
Don't see the logic. Is there a comparable football based e-petition in Liverpool, Newcastle etc that has rocketed to 100k ? And who are the people that will be having this impression (and why do they matter in this situation) ?

Grendel

Some people use that view for everything that's done but do nothing!!!!

Maybe they are right we should do nothing and just let our club go without a fight.

A lazy argument. People doing something that ultimately is ineffective (standing on a hill because they still want to see the football) is ultimately worse than someone doing nothing (not watching his team play for the first time in over 40 years)

letsallsingtogether

And they would be right many couldn't care less but that would be the same in many Cities.
It is mostly just the ones who support the club that do.

Users who are viewing this thread