Those 60 seconds (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

After the goal before we saw the VAR challenge
has there ever been such an emotional outburst of joy by any team anywhere in world sport

They took the game off us, but just for those 60 seconds, something never to be repeated

A semi final of the FA cup = massive underdogs, turning round 0-3 to 4-3 with almost the last kick

Savour what happened

Nick

Administrator
Not sure the Premier League and FA want that, they want to appeal to people who will pay to watch it on TV.

messiahrobins

Not sure the Premier League and FA want that, they want to appeal to people who will pay to watch it on TV.
Yesterday was a disaster for the authorities and i expect we will get hostile referees now as the FA will see what we did yesterday as an Affront to what they and TV execs are trying to push.

Pezza

I can't help but feel that all of that emotion and joy when Torp scored (one of the best feelings I've had in football), was instantly taken away and tainted as soon as the VAR decision was given. I looked at he screen and genuinely thought he was on, so wasn't too worried but then you just knew it. I'm almost sure that if that's the other way around..... well.... I don't want to keep feeling or sounding like a bad loser that's how I feel about it, sadly.

messiahrobins

Never celebrated a goal like that. Ever. I don't think the fact that we were robbed of it really dints the elation. We showed the world the level we are at - it is up to the players now to take that into the rest of their careers.
Yeah, we won. The media reaction today basically says that as well so that goal stands really. Lets be honest sadly we wouldnt have won the Cup as Man City are just too good so being cheated didnt cost us the actual cup but it enhanced our reputation

lord_garrincha

Overcome with pure emotion... No tears but VERY emotional at the time... never been like that for any goal.

Seeing the VAR check on screen just kicked me square in the knackers! What a bloody shame.

messiahrobins

To be honest, seeing the unadulterated joy of those around me dissappear as they realised there was a VAR check and the deflation when the goal was ruled off was sickening.
Proper heartbreaking
Why be heartbroken? Be angry. People need to be more vindictive and think about how to punish those involved in the corruption. If necessary fans should bring football down like baseball fans did in the US in the 90's.

clint van damme

I bet there are many Man U fans have EVER felt like we did for those 60 seconds or so. So proud of the team, the club, the supporters. Love you all!! Well most of you😜

To be fair they won a champions league with two goals in the final minutes so a lot of them probably do.
Though they've probably got a whole new generation now who weren't born then as well.

stupot07

Those 60 second are undoubtedly the best I've ever felt at a football game, by a mile. Whilst the VAR decision and result of the game was a bitter pill to swallow, they cannot take away from that absolute euphoria we experienced in that moment.

The players and the fans were amazing. We are the best football fans in the world, the positivity and the pride at the end. And we will show Sheaf and O'Hare our love on Wednesday.

PUSB

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

messiahrobins

I bet there are many Man U fans have EVER felt like we did for those 60 seconds or so. So proud of the team, the club, the supporters. Love you all!! Well most of you😜
1999 the last time probably, but that was a different Man Utd back then and strangely that was the day that potentially started their freefall into the franchise basket case of a club they are today. A lot of die hard Man Utd fans dont follow them anymore.

skybluericoh

To be fair they won a champions league with two goals in the final minutes so a lot of them probably do.
Though they've probably got a whole new generation now who weren't born then as well.
It’s not the timings of the goals they had that against LiVARpool in the quarters. It’s how much it means to individuals. They are fall of expectation so would never experience getting a result they never expect.

Happy_Martian

Sat at home, watching the ITV pictures with Clive and Oggy on the radio, I was in tears. My anxiety tends to leave me more emotional than it should but rarely do I express tears of joy.

For those few moments after the ball rolled into the net, it was like a tidal wave of positive emotion and happiness.

And seeing how tired and unable to celebrate the players were, it was obvious how much it meant to us and them.

clint van damme

It’s not the timings of the goals they had that against LiVARpool in the quarters. It’s how much it means to individuals. They are fall of expectation so would never experience getting a result they never expect.

I'm not sure they expected to beat Bayern when they were 1-0 down with 3 minutes of injury time to play!

Robinshio

1999 the last time probably, but that was a different Man Utd back then and strangely that was the day that potentially started their freefall into the franchise basket case of a club they are today. A lot of die hard Man Utd fans dont follow them anymore.
also Man u went in to that game hoping / expecting to win - and sorry i would challenge them to have had more emotion / passion than we had yesterdat

Johhny Blue

The players and the fans were amazing. We are the best football fans in the world, the positivity and the pride at the end. And we will show Sheaf and O'Hare our love on Wednesday.

PUSB

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Just like we did to Dabo?

messiahrobins

Me neither, just another dull PL game.
In fact if it wasn't for the massive financial boost promotion would give the club, I'd prefer us to stay in the Championship as long as it stayed VAR free.
Championship is more exciting. Ask Luton, Burnley Sheff Utd Nottingham Forest fans.
Id actually like us to win the Championship just for the fact its a big trophy, with promotion being the secondary element if that makes sense, something Kompany actually said last season.

Users who are viewing this thread