Thorn's Interview (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
"best we played for a long time in first half"
"second half i dont understand"
"senior players unacceptable"
"we just stopped playing"

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did he just say the players got the two managers before him sacked?

Also said the players need to go and have a hard look at themselves.

blueflint

same old same old experienced players letting down youngsters again

ccfcway

"i'm not going to throw the towel in, but this has opened my eyes to a few things, thats for sure"

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some very frank words exchanged here! Unfortunately these honest opinions / interviews will not get you far in management. The players I think will be pretty p****d off with what he's saying, whether its being honest or not!

"this is the most disappointed ive been" - hasnt he said that before?

Did I just hear him say "I dont mind stepping down"??

Nick

Administrator
"he doesnt mind standing down"
"he wont accept the second half"
"its opened his eyes to a few things"
"mice not men"

Nick

Administrator
If there were mice on the pitch, bring them off and change it up as soon as you spot it doing down hill?

The CableGuy

Sounds as if Thorn has given them the hair dryer treatment.

Beyond fracking time! Is it now 5 wins in the last 26 or something like that?

OK, we have no loans and no money, but you'd think we had senior players capable of scoring from 1 yard when given the opportunity. Apparently not.

NINE goal attempts tonight. ONE on target! 63% possession at 1 point tonight and we did frack all with it!

Sub

damn right he should say it they are shit!!!! i would play all the kids and youth team against southampton if we get beat atleast we know they would try

ALJONES

Reading between the lines here, Thorn has touched on why 15000 fans have dissapeared in no time at all. Respect is unknown to them.

The players do not give a fuck about us stupid plebs. We keep paying to watch these fucks, they probably all having a good laugh at the 800 or so Cov fans that went to Millwall.

skybluesam66

from his interview- the senior players were knocking on my door to play in front of the kids - we were rubbish- that has told me a lot . I think we will have a team of kids on saturday

Jimmy Hill's Chin

The players must be spending a lot of time in front of the mirror. I swear Thorn is saying they need to take a hard look at themselves every week!

AFCCOVENTRY

oh thorn... you have to stop saying this:

"We weren't just in with a shout of getting a point at the end of the first-half but we could have gone on and won the game."

ffs Thorn...

Otis

From the CT:

FRUSTRATED Coventry City boss Andy Thorn admitted he was at a loss to explain the Jekyll-and-Hyde nature of the Sky Blues performance at the Den.

A dire first half from both sides was lit up in the second by former Sheffield United frontman Darius Henderson as he netted in the 53rd and 69th minutes at the Den, Liam Feeney wrapping up the game late on.

The result left the Sky Blues entrenched in the Championship relegation zone - and Thorn fuming.

"I can't understand how we can play the way we did in the first half and turn in that sort of performance in the second," said Thorn.

"That's probably why the players are in this league, because if they were consistent and played the way they did in the first half in the second we would have won the game - I just don't understand it.

"It was like two different sides were playing out there and when people start to think they are individuals you have got problems.

"Our second half performance was unacceptable - to turn in a performance like that was amateurish.

"We had a few chances in that first half, we felt comfortable and we felt we had more gears to go into.

"I'm sick of hearing excuses and people having opinions that aren't right, I know what's right and the players will do what we say or they won't be playing."

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...s-unacceptable-92746-29705217/?#ixzz1cXBPVdgk

skyblueinBaku

It seems that AT is at a loss to know what to do. We know he gets no backing from SISU or the board, but now it looks like the senior players have stopped backing him. If that is the case, we are doomed.

torchomatic

Christ, I hope not. I've had enough of our club giving inexperienced managers lots of money with little to show for it. Neal, McAllister, Strachan, Dowie...etc, etc.

Can anyone else see Lee Carsley explaining away our defeats before too long?

ajsccfc

I wonder what odds they'd give for Carsley to be manager by Jan 1st? I'd fancy a slice of that action.

Users who are viewing this thread